PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WEEI.com: The Return of Patrick Pass, four cut: K. Smith, McClinton, Craig, Cuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WEEI.com: The Return of Patrick Pass

Ok, anyone who can shed some real light on this, please speak up now.

I'm as baffled as you my friend. :confused: Is there an injury that we haven't heard of?

Wow, Chris - You gotta love Belichick. The dude's mind works in mysterious ways.

This might be one of the weirest moves of the off season, IMHO.

Every recently retired/cut Patrirot just jumped off the couch, ran to Sports Authority and are currently buying a Ab machine and Solofex....waiting on the phone to ring.

Mcginest and Law's hopes of returning just went up.:D

I am surprised that they released Craig. He'll get picked up by either Cleveland or KC pretty quickly.

McClinton was supposedly a sleeper. Guess he'll continue to sleep

I am baffled as well by the return of Pass. Unless Hochstein has been less than stellar at OTAs from the FB spot.. I can't see Pass making this team

Haven't won a Super Bowl without him; plus, he was on the Giants roster for a game in 2007. We know how that ended.

Just sayin' ...

I thought the same thing. We haven't won a ring since Patrick Pass left the team, not sure how that happened...

Even more curious is the fact that he was a pre-BB player, right ? To bring back a guy that BB didn't even hand-pick makes this even weirder, IMO... Maybe McG DOES have a chance !

He is a fullback and a halfback. He was a top college runner.
He is a top special teamer.
He is camp fodder.
We'll see if he is able to pass the Training Camp physicals.
He probably could beat Green-Ellis out for the 5th RB/FB/ST spot if there were one.
He is 31.
He knows the system.
===================
Get a grip! He was signed for mini-camp.

Boy - anyone wondering why Belichick would bring back Patrick Pass hasn't been paying attention.

Belichick has always been pretty open about the amount of respect he has for Pass - how he's a player no one thinks much of and then one day you look up and he's been in the league for 10 years..

How Pass in his heyday just a few years back was an every down player... third down back, first and second down back, special teams player, kick returner

He was pushed out by Evans and his better days are behind him to be sure, but what's wrong with bringing him into camp... at the very least he's a good example to the younger guys about how a 7th round pick can work hard, earn the respect of Belichick and have a long and productive career.

Even more curious is the fact that he was a pre-BB player, right ? To bring back a guy that BB didn't even hand-pick makes this even weirder, IMO... Maybe McG DOES have a chance !
No. BB drafted him in 2000, actually. The only underclassman that BB drafted until he took Wilfork in 2004.

Too bad Hank Poteat's in Cleveland:D But this is what's so outstanding about NE, nobody really ever leaves not even when they haven't played football basically since 2007. Somehow someway,Big Willie will be back ;)

This too shall Pass

We haven't won a ring since Patrick Pass left the team.

Same with Hank Poteat I think. I like the karma of it :) especially with the SB being held in NO.

I'll never forget that fumble. The worst ever.

I can't believe Pass will make the roster.

Why does everyone focus on a bad play when the guy had innumerable good plays here from 2000-2006? Go back and watch the 2004-2005 AFCCG at Pittsburgh and watch who throws the key block on Corey Dillon's long TD run in the second half.

He was a good player who played a lot of roles and had one terrible play people remember. Everyone says "the coaches hated him".....based on what? One anecdote in a Michael Holley book. He happened to be there for that one. How many has he not been there for over the years for other players? **** happens. Stuff gets said. Doesn't mean that is the end all be all of their opinion because a reporter happened to hear 1% of the comments that were said 7 years ago. He caught Weis on a frustated day. But guess what? Pass was on the team 7 straight years, earning increasing playing time as he went along, and was a 3 time Super Bowl winning player. Now they have re-signed him. Doesn't sound like they "hate" him to me, whether Weis had a frustrated day in 2002 7 years ago with him or not.

Why fans would laugh at and disparage a guy who was a key role player on numerous championship teams, the best teams in the history of the franchise they are supposedly fans of, is beyond me.

J D Sal

Why does everyone focus on a bad play when the guy had innumerable good plays here from 2000-2006? Go back and watch the 2004-2005 AFCCG at Pittsburgh and watch who throws the key block on Corey Dillon's long TD run in the second half.

He was a good player who played a lot of roles and had one terrible play people remember. Everyone says "the coaches hated him".....based on what? One anecdote in a Michael Holley book. He happened to be there for that one. How many has he not been there for over the years for other players? **** happens. Stuff gets said. Doesn't mean that is the end all be all of their opinion because a reporter happened to hear 1% of the comments that were said 7 years ago. He caught Weis on a frustated day. But guess what? Pass was on the team 7 straight years, earning increasing playing time as he went along, and was a 3 time Super Bowl winning player. Now they have re-signed him. Doesn't sound like they "hate" him to me, whether Weis had a frustrated day in 2002 7 years ago with him or not.

Why fans would laugh at and disparage a guy who was a key role player on numerous championship teams, the best teams in the history of the franchise they are supposedly fans of, is beyond me.

J D Sal

How can I put this.... Ok, here you go.

A billionaire is talking to his butler after 40 years of service.

He turns to the man and says

"Jeeves, I've donated millions to all sorts of important causes. Am I going to be known as Jacob Smith the philanthropist? No.

I've raised 5 children, all of whom have gone on to fame and fortune. Am I going to be known as Jacob Smith the great father? No.

But get drunk one night and take an underaged boy home...."

If Pass can make the 53 man roster, the Pats aren't as good as

we think they are. The guys they cut weren't going to make

their team but what's with the love for the Navy guys (Barnes

and White) who are still on the roster but not at the OTAs?

Patrick Pass? Mack Herron must not have been available.

Patrick Pass had a horrible fumble, true, and it's the worst thing a running back can do.
Tom Brady has also thrown red zone int's for TD before.

Patrick Pass was never a star in the league, but he was a very valuable player for the Pats. He did so many things while he was here.

If Belichick can pick up a washed up Colvin mid-season and make him useful, it's not too crazy to think Pass could help this team in some capacity.

How can I put this.... Ok, here you go.

A billionaire is talking to his butler after 40 years of service.

He turns to the man and says

"Jeeves, I've donated millions to all sorts of important causes. Am I going to be known as Jacob Smith the philanthropist? No.

I've raised 5 children, all of whom have gone on to fame and fortune. Am I going to be known as Jacob Smith the great father? No.

But get drunk one night and take an underaged boy home...."

I'm a sucker for variations of that joke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back