PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WEEI.com: Taylor Made For More Responsibility With Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually sounds as if he would prefer to be used in a rotation, which is smart.
He wants his body to last for the whole season and I am sure BB knows this.
I can not see him getting 25-30 carries a game...but maybe 10-20 is more realistic.

Great, this is what we all have been waiting for.

It appears that Morris is now slated to serve in a fullback/short-yardage role

does this mean they will be running with a real lead fullback now? I would hope so as it would seem to prolong Taylors career even more. He wouldn't have to take the initial contact.

I can not see him getting 25-30 carries a game...but maybe 10-20 is more realistic.
yeah, I dont think you will find a single back in he NFL that says they cant do it. But he knows it will/would be tough. But any back will surely say they are up to the task.

Him and MJD did great together sharing the carries about 60/40. I hope thats what he gets the rest of the year.

against a team like the ravens, I would rather give taylor limited carries and activate BJGE. the pats success running against the ravens stands to be limited since they are at or near the very top of the league in that regard.

I'd rather have him fresh for the cold weather and not throw him against a wall like the ravens

against a team like the ravens, I would rather give taylor limited carries and activate BJGE. the pats success running against the ravens stands to be limited since they are at or near the very top of the league in that regard.

I'd rather have him fresh for the cold weather and not throw him against a wall like the ravens

It'll be an interesting game if BJGE is active in place of Maroney (due to injury, not some great conspiracy)and they get over 100 yards on the ground.

I think an early "connection" deep with Moss or JG and the run game will do pretty well.

You go and look at the Ravens stats and they are allowign 2.5 yds per carry and 7.7 yds per pass play and a ton of yards. They do have 6 picks though. I gotta think that the Pats will be passing a bit more this game.

I would love to see a RB have a season like Corey Dillon in 2004. It makes the team so hard to stop in the playoffs.

Right. Once we know Taylor is for real, the correct decision is to hide him until December with 3 to 5 carries per game. December-January health is all that matters for running backs. The corollary is that we should now overwork whoever we care less about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back