PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WEEI.com: Stanback at WR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christopher_Price

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Hey guys ... got a few quick notes worth passing along today. Isaiah Stanback working with WRs today at the start of practice. And got a few decent quotes from the locker room this afternoon. Check it out:

It Is What It Is

Follow me on Twitter at twitter.com/capeleaguer

Hey Chris, logistical question about the trip: Are many of the players planning on staying AFTER the game over there for sightseeing, etc. since it seems that families are going and they have the bye week? Jarvis' quote about doubledecker busses, etc. makes me feel alot better if that is the case as opposed to him spending valuable time within the 48 hours of acclimating to the time change/etc. doing pub crawls.

Hey Chris, logistical question about the trip: Are many of the players planning on staying AFTER the game over there for sightseeing, etc. since it seems that families are going and they have the bye week? Jarvis' quote about doubledecker busses, etc. makes me feel alot better if that is the case as opposed to him spending valuable time within the 48 hours of acclimating to the time change/etc. doing pub crawls.

Wow... if they were actually pub crawling instead of coming back to get ready for the next opponent, it'd be quite something. I know they get time off to be with their family and all that... but I figure they're coming home - won't they ?

Wow... if they were actually pub crawling instead of coming back to get ready for the next opponent, it'd be quite something. I know they get time off to be with their family and all that... but I figure they're coming home - won't they ?

I think Bill has traditionaly given the players several days off when they have a bye week coming up.

i would suggest the whole team just stay there and leave itehr tuesday or wednesday....

i mean why not? go sightseeing, we have a bye after that game...

IIRC normally for the bye week they come back after the last game and hold a "normal" week of practice/prep, then take the weekend off. But given that they're in England, it would be quite possible that Belichick is just giving the team the first half of the week off to stay there and have a mini-vacation. I mean, hell, you're in England already, why not enjoy it a bit.

(Besides, the next game is a home game, and it's against Miami. It's a pretty familiar opponent.)

Next opponent is after the bye week, hence the plausible short vacation while they're there.

Kind of seems like BB had Stanback at the media portion of the practice getting WR reps to keep the Bucs guessing as to who the #3 WR will be on sunday...

Stanback to WR?????

Isaiah Stanback-QB-Patriots Oct. 22 - 7:17 pm et

Patriots practice squad QB Isaiah Stanback has been working as a wide receiver in portions of practice open to the media this week.
He showed promise as a receiver in Dallas but could never stay healthy. With Joey Galloway released and Julian Edelman (arm) sidelined, Stanback could be activated for this week's game in London.
Source: Boston Herald

I try to be first one and NOOOOOO u had to post earlier than me. :mad::mad:

Re: Stanback to WR?????

just saw that..... I replied acknowledging it.

I just wanna break a damn news story. lol

Kind of seems like BB had Stanback at the media portion of the practice getting WR reps to keep the Bucs guessing as to who the #3 WR will be on sunday...

There's also the thought he's thinking about some form of the wilcat too... just to keep the Bucs and Fins guessing.

You'd never have to use it, just show it off once or twice in practice to make other teams have to plan for it as well. :)

Stanback was a WR for two years with the Cowboys. Not a huge development.

A few here are all wired in ... they don't just report the news - they catch it in cyberspace and deposit it here in the forum. They would make Darius Butler look slow.;)

Maroney is embarrassing himself with his misunderstanding of currency exchange. What will he do when he goes to an Asian country and assumes that the millions he gets for a dollar are equal to millions of dollars in purchasing power? That would be a pretty funny conversation.

Get on everyone's twitter feed: Reiss, King, Schefter, etc. etc. :) I have all of those.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes