PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WEEI.com: Selection of Ingram was a snap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christopher_Price

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Hey all ... my latest from today is a chat with new Patriots' long snapper Jake Ingram. His college coach says he's a worthy successor to Lonie Paxton.

Christopher Price | Selection of Ingram was a snap

As always, let me know your opinions. And for those who haven't done so already, you can sign up to follow me on Twitter at twitter.com/capeleaguer.

Thanks,
Chris

Hold on now... is that headline some kind of play on words?

Hold on now... is that headline some kind of play on words?

No man - no-one uses a pun as a headline, that would just be lame... ;)

Enjoyed the article, Chris. I'm glad you guys cover the less glamorous players too. I have to admit, seeing Paxton go made me think about where our kicking game might be headed. This guys sounds like a good prospect.

J

Thanks -- as always, I appreciate the kind words. (The other headline suggestion was "Long journey to New England for Ingram" :D)

I'm really interested to see what happens to the special teams unit this year. They've lost a few good special teamers this offseason -- Paxton, Izzo, Washington, Hobbs (no matter what you think of him as a CB, he was a better than average return man). He also seems like a genuinely nice kid, very respectful. Might make a good special teams binky for someone out there.

GREAT stuff, as always, Chris. Thanks for the awesome work.

Thanks -- as always, I appreciate the kind words. (The other headline suggestion was "Long journey to New England for Ingram" :D)

I'm really interested to see what happens to the special teams unit this year. They've lost a few good special teamers this offseason -- Paxton, Izzo, Washington, Hobbs (no matter what you think of him as a CB, he was a better than average return man). He also seems like a genuinely nice kid, very respectful. Might make a good special teams binky for someone out there.

I honestly think the loss of the 3 man wedge would have mitigated Hobbs awesome return game anyway. Could be wrong, we'll see.

Saw an article (NESN, I think) on Slater stepping up at the return position with interview bits on it and how Hobbs and Faulk have helped him out.

Great article...I've heard he's really one who wants to improve in all the little things... GREAT to focus as well on some of the non glamerous and lesser known players brought in..ALL I think have a story....Hobbs is a great returner..and Izzo has been a really solid ST captain..I think he'll be missed more than many think..

Good stuff I hope he wins the job!

Chris,

only question you left me asking when you proclaim him the heir apparent for Lonie with all his famous snaps in bad weather (... snow bowl anyone) and clearly state he is a Hawaii guy.......

How does Ingram plan on prepping for NE cold & wet weather? How much has he played in cold in his college career?

Maybe in a follow up article as camps go on. Thanks.

Another nice article - thanks for continuing to focus on Special Teams, sounds like there should be good competition for the LS position in training camp. BB has set up a nice contest between a consistent veteran (Nathan Hodel) and a promising rookie (Ingram). May the best man win!

Chris,

only question you left me asking when you proclaim him the heir apparent for Lonie with all his famous snaps in bad weather (... snow bowl anyone) and clearly state he is a Hawaii guy.......

How does Ingram plan on prepping for NE cold & wet weather? How much has he played in cold in his college career?

Maybe in a follow up article as camps go on. Thanks.

Gumby -- great question. He did mention some experience in bad weather situations, but nothing like Foxborough in January. I mentioned this in another story -- as good as he might look in July or August, we really don't know how he'll hold up until that first key snap. Until then, it's all really conjecture. FWIW, I remember writing a feature on Paxton a year or two ago, and he said growing up as a West Coast guy, he had limited experience in bad weather situations until he got to New England.

But that's a great point to expand upon. Thanks!

A sincere thanks for that insight!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey