PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WEEI.com: Pats set to work out a pair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christopher_Price

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Hey everyone ... with the draft looming, we have news that the Patriots are working out a pair of relatively under-the-radar guys over the next couple of weeks. All the details are here on the blog:

It Is What It Is

Thanks,
Chris

Our site is getting a lot of traffic today because of the Schilling announcement -- it will load. Just takes a few extra seconds.

Last edited:
Nope. Won't load for me, either!

Last edited:
Sorry guys ... our site is moving verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry slowly today because of the Schilling announcement. I will take the information that was posted on the blog and post it here as soon as I can. Basically, the Patriots are going to work out Cincinnati defensive back Brandon Underwood this week and Western Illinois linebacker Jason Williams next week.

Last edited:
Sorry guys ... our site is moving verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry slowly today because of the Schilling announcement. I will take the information that was posted on the blog and post it here as soon as I can. Basically, the Patriots are going to work out Cincinnati defensive back Brandon Underwood this week and Western Illinois linebacker Jason Williams next week.

Alright thanks for the info

Thanks Chris, yeah it isn't loading but I understand. Looking forward to reading it!

All those baseball dweebs - what is this, their season or something? :enranged:

Williams is an interesting kid. Underwood is a good player, though he wound up with Cincy after Ohio State booted him for not making meetings and other maturity/work ethic stuff.

oh, I thought this was going to be a thread about belichick's girlfriend.

oh, I thought this was going to be a thread about belichick's girlfriend.

Now that would be news! Big beautiful news!

All right, folks. Because those baseball guys have slowed our site to a crawl (rolling of the eyes...), here's my original post from this morning, reprinted in its entirety. (Now I know how Florio feels come free agent time--sorry for the delays):

According to multiple reports, two collegians are set to run through workouts for the Patriots the next couple of weeks.

This Wednesday, Cincinnati defensive back Brandon Underwood will work out for New England officials. Underwood, who transferred from Ohio State to Cincinnati for his senior season, is a 6-foot-1, 198-pounder who has played both free safety and corner in college. In his lone season with the Bearcats, Underwood was first-team all-Big East at safety. He finished with 66 tackles, and had a team-high three fumbles recovered, along with four interceptions. He also forced two fumbles and had six pass breakups.

In addition, the Patriots are set to work out Western Illinois linebacker Jason Williams next week. Williams is a 6-foot-3, 235-pound linebacker who wasn’t invited to the NFL Scouting Combine, but raised eyebrows when he ran between a 4.42 and 4.48 40 for scouts in a workout at Northwestern. As a senior at Western Illinois, Williams had 67 tackles, including 17 for a loss, as well as four sacks and six pass breakups. (The linebacker also has a workout lined up today with the Colts.) The Patriots have a good history with players from Western Illinois — Rodney Harrison played there from 1991 through 1993.

All right, folks. Because those baseball guys have slowed our site to a crawl (rolling of the eyes...), here's my original post from this morning, reprinted in its entirety. (Now I know how Florio feels come free agent time--sorry for the delays):

According to multiple reports, two collegians are set to run through workouts for the Patriots the next couple of weeks.

This Wednesday, Cincinnati defensive back Brandon Underwood will work out for New England officials. Underwood, who transferred from Ohio State to Cincinnati for his senior season, is a 6-foot-1, 198-pounder who has played both free safety and corner in college. In his lone season with the Bearcats, Underwood was first-team all-Big East at safety. He finished with 66 tackles, and had a team-high three fumbles recovered, along with four interceptions. He also forced two fumbles and had six pass breakups.

In addition, the Patriots are set to work out Western Illinois linebacker Jason Williams next week. Williams is a 6-foot-3, 235-pound linebacker who wasn’t invited to the NFL Scouting Combine, but raised eyebrows when he ran between a 4.42 and 4.48 40 for scouts in a workout at Northwestern. As a senior at Western Illinois, Williams had 67 tackles, including 17 for a loss, as well as four sacks and six pass breakups. (The linebacker also has a workout lined up today with the Colts.) The Patriots have a good history with players from Western Illinois — Rodney Harrison played there from 1991 through 1993.
Oh my! Jason Williams is our next Strong Safety! :yeeha:

EDIT: Thanks Chris!!!!!! :rocker:

Last edited:

Hey Chris,

Let your tech guys know at WEEI that your site is a PIG with the new content..way to much reliance on flash...it is slow on a normal news day.

Oh my! Jason Williams is our next Strong Safety! :yeeha:

EDIT: Thanks Chris!!!!!! :rocker:
My thoughts exactly.

I went by a part of this college on a business trip last year. Talk about the boonies.
DW Toys

Thanks for the info chris!

We appear to be up and running again now. (In other words, the hamster is fed and watered, and back on the wheel.) Thanks for your patience.

We appear to be up and running again now. (In other words, the hamster is fed and watered, and back on the wheel.) Thanks for your patience.

You should give that hamster some speed :D

I wouldn't rule either out but their stories have need more information written all over them so that explains the workouts.

Thanks Chris. And for your convenience, there's a handy resource over in the draft forum regarding prospect visits and workouts. We update as often as possible -- here it is:

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...ist-pre-draft-contacts-page2.html#post1325164

Legend
PW - Private workout to be held
V - Team is bringing in player to team facilities
I - Interviewed at Combine or various All Star games
APD - Attended pro day
RI - Rumored interest
MV -Team took prospect out, worked out individually at pro day, or miscellaneous visit

QB Rhett Bomar PW
QB Pat White PW
WR Juaquin Iglesias I
WR Aaron Kelly I
WR Johnny Knox V
WR Derrick Williams I
RB Rashad Jennings I PW APD
RB Devin Moore PW
RB Bernard Scott PW
FB Brock Bolen RI
OL Antoine Caldwell I
OL Robert Brewster PW