PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WEEI.com: Patriots Friday (10/2) Injury Report

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hm. No outs and Moss is off the list. Happy boy right here.

Last edited:
Hm. No outs and Moss is off the list. Happy boy right here.

Co-sign.

Given how banged up the players are, one would tend to say this is Bill just screwing with the Ravens, but I think this is Bill inadvertently screwing with the Ravens by strictly adhering to the participation report rules in detailing the participation at what seems to have been a very, very light practice, in which even the most banged up players were able to participate.

AKA, I think there's no way in hell Mayo is playing, and I highly doubt that Moss is 100% healthy.

Last edited:
Moss' back is probably feeling a lot better. That's great news. Better to get these "minor" injuries out of the way in the beginning of the season rather than late in the season.

Jerod Mayo-LB-Patriots Oct. 2 - 4:27 pm et

Updating a previous item, Patriots ILB Jerod Mayo (knee) is listed as doubtful for Week 4.
He did not practice on Friday and will again be replaced by Gary Guyton, who is a terrific IDP start against the run-minded Ravens. Patriots NT Vince Wilfork (ankle, questionable) had "limited" practice and is a game-day call.
Source: Boston Herald
Related: Vince Wilfork

Wes Welker-WR-Patriots Oct. 2 - 4:25 pm et

Wes Welker (questionable, knee) was limited in Friday's practice.
It's better than last week, when Welker was held out of the Friday practice and deactivated on game day. He has a better chance to face the Ravens this week, but is still a game-time decision. Check back around noon ET Sunday.

Jerod Mayo-LB-Patriots Oct. 2 - 4:27 pm et

Updating a previous item, Patriots ILB Jerod Mayo (knee) is listed as doubtful for Week 4.
He did not practice on Friday and will again be replaced by Gary Guyton, who is a terrific IDP start against the run-minded Ravens. Patriots NT Vince Wilfork (ankle, questionable) had "limited" practice and is a game-day call.
Related: Vince Wilfork

Wes Welker-WR-Patriots Oct. 2 - 4:25 pm et

Wes Welker (questionable, knee) was limited in Friday's practice.
It's better than last week, when Welker was held out of the Friday practice and deactivated on game day. He has a better chance to face the Ravens this week, but is still a game-time decision. Check back around noon ET Sunday.

Doubtful > OUT.
I'll take Questionable/limited practice > Questionable/DNP.

I AM just sharing the headlines brother Pat....... ***I am not criticizing.***

I rather have him out becaUSE knee injuries of any sort are not to be taken lightly.

Pat Kirwan seems to think Welker is back this sunday.

Welker alone puts the Baltimore Blitz at high risk

If Welker plays, I think Baltimore is smart enough to back off the blitz as much as they would have without Wes in there.

With Guys like Ngata stuffing the run and Abendahejo rushing the passer, I don't think the blitz will be as much as the Jets showed.

I really think this team will pretty much abandon the run sunday,hope I am wrong

Running the ball against BALT is not a very good idea.

Pat Kirwan seems to think Welker is back this sunday.

Welker alone puts the Baltimore Blitz at high risk

If Welker plays, I think Baltimore is smart enough to back off the blitz as much as they would have without Wes in there.

With Guys like Ngata stuffing the run and Abendahejo rushing the passer, I don't think the blitz will be as much as the Jets showed.

I really think this team will pretty much abandon the run sunday,hope I am wrong

They need a certain amount of running just to keep things honest and the Baltimore DL from teeing off. But I don't expect us to be able to establish a primary running game. Though I expect Fred Taylor to fight for some tough yards.

My take. We get one of our RBs to dance around in the backfield, thus confusing the Ratbirds' D. Whay say?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes