PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WEEI.com: Patrick Chung Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for that, Chris. Chung seems to be a firery, intense competitor who is dedicated in the film room. You can tell a lot about a player based upon how they practice and study. Chung seems to be a top flight practice player. He exudes what made Harrison who he is.

Nice work as usual. :)

I particularly loved this quote. And it is quite true.

Q: [On hitting hard]
PC: You can strike fear into people. You can change a player’s perspective on the game, but you have to know when to hit also. I’m just not a big hitter. You have to know when to hit, when to break down, tackle and bring him down, and you have to know when to take your big hits. I’m a smart tackler. But it could change the game – one hit could change the game. It could change the whole offense.

Rather than start another thread, here's a column on Chung from Christopher Gasper: Hits just keep coming from Chung

A fairly amazing story so far, from his mom's career to playing varsity football at age 14 with two other future NFL players.

A selfless demeanor that puts the team first and ready to do whatever is needed of him...sounding a lot like the caliber of player that the coaches love here in New England.

"He's got to be a blitzer. He's got to be a linebacker sometimes. He's got to be a deep-third corner. He's got to be a middle safety, a half safety, and he's got to be able to cover a wide receiver man to man," said Neal. "No position asks a guy to do more. When I get another guy who can do that, it will be awhile."

Wow, this kid has played a lot of roles in the secondary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down