Welcome to PatsFans.com

WEEI.com: New TE Alex Smith meets the media

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Christopher_Price, May 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Christopher_Price

Christopher_Price Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Hey all ... just wrapped up a Q&A with new tight end Alex Smith had with a handful of reporters down here at Gillette Stadium. Really interesting stuff worth checking out -- he talked about Tom Brady, Joey Galloway, Daniel Graham and what it means to wear No. 80 in New England.

It Is What It Is New TE Alex Smith meets the media

As always, give me shout with your take. And if you're not following me on Twitter, check me out at twitter.com/capeleaguer.

2. JoeShmoe

JoeShmoe 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Great job Chris

He sounds like a Pats kind of guy and there's definitely the opportunity there for him, Baker and Thomas to emerge and challenge Watson for the #1 TE spot

3. Manzana

Manzana Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

It's times like these that I am just surprised that as soon as Troy Brown did not come back that they just didn't retire his number on the spot. I mean come on.. no one.. and I mean NO ONE should ever wear Troy Brown's jersey. He has, in a lot of ways, defined this decades Patriots. Maybe I am too much of a Troy Brown homer fan.. but I wish they would of just retired the number in Troy's honor. He has done so much for this organization's persona.

Last edited: May 14, 2009
  4. Jackson 2

Jackson 2 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +603 / 3 / -10

#12 Jersey

Thanks, Chris, for your usual great job. I know it's likely at least partially the "company line", but it's interesting how virtually every player who comes here mentions that prior to his arrival he only heard glowing things about the organization. I'm not sure I'd expect anything else, but it's interesting, nonetheless.

5. letekro

letekro In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +19 / 2 / -3

I tend to agree with you, and I'm not someone that thinks numbers should be retired willy-nilly. Of all the Patriots of the winning era....actually of all the Patriots since I've been following the team in 1990, the only two that I think should be retired are No. 12 and No. 80.

6. Deus Irae

Deus Irae PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,788 / 79 / -77

Disable Jersey

Translation: That dude from Wendy's is going to be unemployed.

7. Sicilian

Sicilian Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +524 / 2 / -3

That seems to be the writing on the wall. I can't see a place for him barring a major injury to one of the other three.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.