PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WEEI.com: Moss Almost A Forgotten Man This Offseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christopher_Price

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Hey all -- here's today's offering. It's a look at Randy Moss -- while the Patriots have been preoccupied with bigger stories this offseason (the Cassel/Vrabel trade, Brady's return, Harrison's retirement), the wide receiver continues to chug along, looking happy to be out of the spotlight.

Christopher Price | Moss Almost A Forgotten Man This Offseason

Like the way Moss is handling himself, as opposed to another dude who thinks it is all about him..

Hey all -- here's today's offering. It's a look at Randy Moss -- while the Patriots have been preoccupied with bigger stories this offseason (the Cassel/Vrabel trade, Brady's return, Harrison's retirement), the wide receiver continues to chug along, looking happy to be out of the spotlight.

Christopher Price | Moss Almost A Forgotten Man This Offseason

I disagree with the bolded part - is this not the man who last week told the media he was the best WR of all time?

I like the sound of this. I still wish he hadn't gone on record and said all that stuff about how great he thinks the offense will be. I know it's hard for a NE team that is getting Brady back and has made so many acquisitions on both sides of the ball to remain "under-the-radar," but I just don't want them to be talked about anymore or have attention drawn to them. I was kind of hoping everyone would be talking about the Steelers, Giants, or even the Eagles.

I disagree with the bolded part - is this not the man who last week told the media he was the best WR of all time?

It certainly is. That's another thing that caught my attention. I don't like the talking he's done so far, but it's still very mild and benign at this point. Let's face it, it could be a lot worse with Moss. Regardless, I do hope he continues to decline interviews and continues to just do his talking on the field..

Last edited:
I like the sound of this. I still wish he hadn't gone on record and said all that stuff about how great he thinks the offense will be. I know it's hard for a NE team that is getting Brady back and has made so many acquisitions on both sides of the ball to remain "under-the-radar," but I just don't want them to be talked about anymore or have attention drawn to them. I was kind of hoping everyone would be talking about the Steelers, Giants, or even the Eagles.

It certainly is. That's another thing that caught my attention. I don't like the talking he's done so far, but it's still very mild and benign at this point. Let's face it, it could be a lot worse with Moss. Regardless, I do hope he continues to decline interviews and continues to just do his talking on the field..

I acknowledge that interview within the story, but at the same time, with so many other incidents involving the Patriots this offseason, it's been relatively quiet around Moss. Quite a contrast from a few years ago, where he was like a moth to a flame with controversy. The difference struck me.

Great article Chris. Moss and Owens in this division is going to be interesting. Moss, in my opinion, can make a claim like he did and no one will get too worked up. He's played brilliantly in his time here and every DC in the division probably breathes his and Welker's name every week.

Otherwise, he's playing the part of a grown-up, something TO seems unable to do.

I also think there's a point that's worth considering with his one brash statement of the year, even if it was in jest: Moss will work his arse off to live up to those words. He's not just shooting off at the mouth to get press.

At any rate, Brady:Moss:Welker:Galloway:Lewis:Taylor:Faulk:Maroney:Morris:Watson

(Yeah, I still support Watson)

If that list of names doesn't get you tempted to borrow Adam Sandler's magical remote, nothing could.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing