PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WEEI.com: Jarvis Green: 'This is my last year with the Patriots'

Status
Not open for further replies.
deliverhappy.jpg

I cannot get enough of the lolcats--well played, sir.:D

I think Pissah means when it says "he wants to end his career as a Patriot" that it could mean he wants to leave the organization and not retire as of yet but go to another team like the Saints for example.

I certainly hope this team does not get stubborn and let Seymour,Wilfork and Green walk or this team gets mediocre on defense really fast in 2010

Thats definitely not what I meant....He said he wants to play his entire career for the Patriots...lol.

I think it would be highly unlikely that all 3 walk. One of Seymour or Wilfork would be tagged though I guess that could be Mankins.

Thats definitely not what I meant....He said he wants to play his entire career for the Patriots...lol.

I think it would be highly unlikely that all 3 walk. One of Seymour or Wilfork would be tagged though I guess that could be Mankins.

Why wouldn't you let Green walk if he throws up another 2008 season? See ya.

There is a comment that should draw nothing more than a big yawn. With the exception of the small group of fans who think he is better than Seymour I think everbody figures that this is his last year with the Patriots.

There is a comment that should draw nothing more than a big yawn. With the exception of the small group of fans who think he is better than Seymour I think everbody figures that this is his last year with the Patriots.

There is far from a guarantee that Seymour is resigned and that could mean that Jarvis would take his place if necessary,I would rather see Jarvis there than a rookie unless the team can sign a big name IF Richard leaves.

Me being from Louisiana and playing at LSU and all that you say it would be a dream to play for the Saints. But I'd love to stay a Patriot, if that happens. I've been there seven years, won a lot of games, two Super Bowls, if I could retire as a Patriot that would be a dream.

His contract is up.

You could make 4-5 different headlines out of what he said.

He's basically a 4-3 DE, so he's always been a luxury for us.

We don't have the linebackers to play a 4-3 often and we're not getting the pass rush frpm our LBs in the 3-4, so he doesn't solve our base defense problem.

I'm surprised he never went to a 4-3 team, frankly.

There is far from a guarantee that Seymour is resigned and that could mean that Jarvis would take his place if necessary,I would rather see Jarvis there than a rookie unless the team can sign a big name IF Richard leaves.

The prospect of losing Jarvis too doesn't sit well w/ me. I have always been a big JG fan. I think he is worth his pay, if not a little more.

I'm sure there's a decent plan in place for the future of the DL, but it isn't making me any less anxious for some good news. Too bad I think it'll be a little while before there's any good news to hear about the future of these 3.

The prospect of losing Jarvis too doesn't sit well w/ me. I have always been a big JG fan. I think he is worth his pay, if not a little more.

I'm sure there's a decent plan in place for the future of the DL, but it isn't making me any less anxious for some good news. Too bad I think it'll be a little while before there's any good news to hear about the future of these 3.

I think DEFINATELY at least one DL is gone next season (Green,Wilfork,Seymour),I can't see the team keeping all three and having cap space to improve elsewhere.

I think the odds of keeping all 3 would be at about 5% with keeping 2 of them at about 90% and losing all 3 at 5% as well.

And that is not including keeping Mankins which is another story....

Last edited:
I dont really care what his intentions are after this season is over. I just dont get the need to make a declaration prior to this season that this is his last in NE. The comment wasnt necessary, it served no purpose, it stands to possibly burn one very strong bridge, and it could only serve as a distraction. I feel the same way about a player's retirement. You retire when youre done. You dont talk about it before hand. You start talking about retirement, you may as well just hang 'em up. This is a strange statement to read. And having read it, I kindof hope Green was actually misquoted.
Chill out. THe guy is in the last year of his contract and he has a right not to sign an extension if he misses home and wants to play for another team.

It is an odd quote and he says in print it doesn't come across the way he meant it, but he still has the right to say it. I doubt if it is a distraction to say this is his last year. When he retires and then comes back, maybe, but players leave their old teams every year.

Ron Brace is your starting NT next year folks. Seymour is 50/50 at best. If hes is looking for anything close to Hanesworth dollars, hes walking...

Ron Brace is your starting NT next year folks. Seymour is 50/50 at best. If hes is looking for anything close to Hanesworth dollars, hes walking...

You seem extremely confident that two thirds of the dline will be gone and you dont see the best back up returning......I find it real hard to believe that they just let their dline walk like that when they have shown how much they covet the lines on both sides of the ball.

I think you are over playing the hand....I would say that they will defintitely keep at least one of the 2 starters (and try for both) and unless Jarvis wants starters money he could be back as well (this likely only happens if one of the 2 above leave and more likely if it is Seymour).

Jarvis is cool. He's talented enough to start for other organisations and with Seymour and Wilfork's futures still undecided it would make sense to keep him. Seems a great pro and a great person in general too.

I feel bad for players like Jarvis when they go through something like this. He and his wife and kids live here year round. He's been very involved with the Patriots charitable foundation not to mention working with it's media arm to continue to focus attention on the devastation that remains in LA years past the wake of Katrina. I'm sure what he said was taken out of context. If he's not extended here, of course he'd want to finish out his career close to home. What are players supposed to say under the circumstances. Spell it out as an insulting last resort???

This was certainly a story that didn't demand breaking, and could easily have waited on clarification, like what Gaspar and Reiss provided...

You seem extremely confident that two thirds of the dline will be gone and you dont see the best back up returning......I find it real hard to believe that they just let their dline walk like that when they have shown how much they covet the lines on both sides of the ball.

I think you are over playing the hand....I would say that they will defintitely keep at least one of the 2 starters (and try for both) and unless Jarvis wants starters money he could be back as well (this likely only happens if one of the 2 above leave and more likely if it is Seymour).

I agree that my statement is pretty bold but with Seymour turning 30 in Oct, Green already 30 and coming off a injury-plaqued year and Wilfork & the FO not agreeing on a contract, how can anyone be confident that they are coming back? When it comes to issuing contracts, the Pats do one of two things- always 1. The let the market dicate the players worth and 2. , they never overpay for someone in their 30s. With an un-capped year looming, IMO #1 applies to Wilfork. #2 applies to Seymour & Green.

If they all produce to their capabilities, I'd love to see them all back with the team. IMO, I just don't see it.

Last edited:
Without being there or being able to watch or listen to the whole interview, it's nearly impossible to interpet what Green was trying to say. For example, did the reporter lead with a hypothetical question such as "you're a free agent next year, would you like to come back and play in Louisiana?" Reading the rest of the original article Green seems upbeat and looking forward to this season; it's not as if he spent the whole interview talking about becoming a free agent or wanting to play elsewhere. Even the title of the article was related to Green wanting to get back to the Super Bowl - not about wanting to play for the Saints.

Ex-Tiger wants to get back to Super Bowl | HoumaToday.com | The Courier | Houma, LA

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes