PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WEEI.com: Connor Barwin Interview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome work Chris! WEEI doesn't know how luck they are to have you.

I personally loved the end :D
“My meetings have been pretty standard — they’ve been pretty routine interviews. The only curveball I got was at the Senior Bowl from New England,” Barwin said. “I met with two scouts from New England, and they brought up that I had gotten in trouble my freshman year for throwing water balloons out the window.

“Now, I tell every team about it ahead of time, just in case.”

Weird... we care about water balloons, but Merriweather shooting dudes in the butt is cool ? I like it.

I wonder how serious they are about getting him - because usually when everyone on the board falls in love with a darft prospect, BB rarely nabs him.

Weird... we care about water balloons, but Merriweather shooting dudes in the butt is cool ? I like it.

I wonder how serious they are about getting him - because usually when everyone on the board falls in love with a darft prospect, BB rarely nabs him.

First off Meriweather's incident was self defense and he shot his gun in the air to scare the criminals off.

I am sure they were much more concerned with the gun incident and the truth there than the water baloon incident. I think the reason Barwin mentioned it was because he was amazed at how thorough we were to have uncovered that.

asking about something doesn't dictate how much it matters....just thongs they wanted to clear up with the guy and see how they react.

This guy is overrated, he was smart to compare himself to Vrabel as a LB/TE combo, but his best skill is PR and interviewing.

Nice interview, Chris. I see Barwin as a better fit in NE than anywhere, but I wonder if they'll spend a first-rounder on him.

First off Meriweather's incident was self defense and he shot his gun in the air to scare the criminals off.

I am sure they were much more concerned with the gun incident and the truth there than the water baloon incident. I think the reason Barwin mentioned it was because he was amazed at how thorough we were to have uncovered that.

asking about something doesn't dictate how much it matters....just thongs they wanted to clear up with the guy and see how they react.

Yikes. Super-sensitive alert. Am I on "The View" ?

Great job and interview Chris! I would love to see Connor Barwin in a Patriots uniform this upcoming season!

Great job as always Chris.

Question: "While everyone is in agreement that he’s a first-rounder..." Could you elaborate a little more on this line please?

Sounds like he may be a great Patriot, very versitile.

Great job as always Chris.

Question: "While everyone is in agreement that he’s a first-rounder..." Could you elaborate a little more on this line please?

Thanks! He was a good interview who seemed genuinely intrigued about the possibility of playing for the Patriots.

I've seen a boatload of mocks that all have him in the first round--the final 10 or so picks of the first round, but the first round. There's a scout or two who saw him play at the Senior Bowl that also called him a first-rounder.

Thanks! He was a good interview who seemed genuinely intrigued about the possibility of playing for the Patriots.

I've seen a boatload of mocks that all have him in the first round--the final 10 or so picks of the first round, but the first round. There's a scout or two who saw him play at the Senior Bowl that also called him a first-rounder.
Thanks for the insight! :rocker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes