PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WEEI.com: Brady at Tuesday practice

Status
Not open for further replies.
That being said, I would not be surprise to see a player or two being put on IR. My list of potential suspects includes Crable, Edelman, Ohrnberger and Pryor.
I would expect any player placed on IR to (1) have an injury sufficient to limit their value to the team this season, and (2) going on IR to rehab, not to "redshirt" them. Out the four you listed, one is currently practicing with full participation and the other three have been rehabbing since Cincinnati nearly two weeks ago - sufficient time to decide if they could come back or not. They also happen to be three whom I'd expect Bill to want on his roster for their development, IR'ing them doesn't make much sense short of a season ending injury.

He's probably faking, Ellis Hobbs says so. :rolleyes:
I get the feeling that Edelman is headed to IR.

On Edelman, I was just going to pose that same possibility. So many ways to slice and dice this roster.

Glad Brady is throwing.

Now, get Welker back in the fold and things will be looking better.

Recall the warning labels that came with Springs? Hope this isn't prophecy fulfilled.....

And what in the the hell is wrong with Maroney, Watson and Thomas?

Final note: With Edelman not practicing are his chances lessened to make the team, or is he a lock and has no worry?

He'll be getting a paycheck with the team. One wonders what extreme it will be, IR, or full out making the team. Not sure if he'll stick on the practice squad. That is another option.

what the heck happen?

Read the previous page.

I had that feeling too.. my guess is concussion, but what grade is the question. I did not get a good look at the PR so if anyone still has that game on DVR, they could comment.

However, I think he'll be slipped onto the roster, undressed.

I don't think BB will IR until the last possible minute. That makes sense from a strategic point of view, and gives BB the most time to gauge who's worth the risk to put on RS roster and who to lose for the year.

I would expect any player placed on IR to (1) have an injury sufficient to limit their value to the team this season, and (2) going on IR to rehab, not to "redshirt" them. Out the four you listed, one is currently practicing with full participation and the other three have been rehabbing since Cincinnati nearly two weeks ago - sufficient time to decide if they could come back or not. They also happen to be three whom I'd expect Bill to want on his roster for their development, IR'ing them doesn't make much sense short of a season ending injury.

I absolutely agree with you that putting a young player on IR is hardly "stashing". It significantly limits the player's ability to develop and I can't remember any such "stashing" being successful off the top of my head.

That said, there are only a couple of spots on this roster for young players who need development and will not contribute. And I would expect the first year players (Pryor, Ohrenberger, Hoyer, Edelman) to get the nod over second/third year players (Crable, Wheatley, BJGE, Wendell, Connoly.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back