PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WEEI.com: Bodden Gets Boost From Experience With Browns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice read. Thanks Chris.

Yes, thanks for that!

More on Bodden (though not as good as Chris' article!)

Leigh Bodden puts up solid defense by Karen Guregian of the Boston Herald

“It’s a good correlation. I never saw it that way before, but I don’t back down from anybody,” Bodden said. “I’ll stand up for myself, and see things through. I’ve had a hard road in the NFL. Nothing was given to me. I’ve had to work for everything that I have. That’s what I do as a person, on and off the field.”

One of his best friends, Andra Davis, who played with Bodden in Cleveland and now is with the Denver Broncos, said at the time Bodden signed the Pats landed a “diamond in the rough.”

“They really got a steal,” Davis said during a phone interview in March. “He just has that swagger and that confidence to line up against anybody and he can shut them down. He proved that over and over again. And he did that in Cleveland when we didn’t have a great pass rush. He was going up against Chad Johnson. He always wanted to get put on the best. And when he got put on the best, he really shined.”

bf7b0011c9_Bodden_08102009.jpg

Really excited about Bodden in New England. I can't wait to see what our secondary is going to do this year.

Really excited about Bodden in New England. I can't wait to see what our secondary is going to do this year.

IMO his addition and Merriweathers clear improvements mean this secondary is already better than last years. Merriweather has made tons of plays in this camp.

If the pro bowl wasnt such a popularity contest and if Palomalu and Reed were not so good I would be perdicting pro bowl for Merriweather.

Bodden has also looked good.

Wheatly and Whilhite seem to be picking up where they left off when they got hurt. Still some mistakes but their skills clearly show.

Butler seemed to be struggling early but has also seemed to improve daily.

Chung didn't seem to make early mistakes like Butler but has been quiter other than his work ethic as he always seems to hustle.

McGowan I have to admit I have kind of ignored him out on the field...hey I have been to a lot of practices but there is a lot going on out there and as far as the DBs go the younguns have drawn my attention.

Sanders has been his normal consistent but not so flashy self.

Richardson has been working some at safety and seems OK at CB.

other guys like Slater and Herna-Daze have had made some plays but clearly are competing more for the STs spots the few there are. With Slater clearly looking like a really good STer especially as a gunner.

another one of those heated battles should be fun to see how the pre-season shakes this one out. but no matter how you look at it the unit should be much improved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back