PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WEEI: Brady had "cracked bone" in foot in August MRI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pft:brady has/had broken bone in foot?

Come on, you can't look 4 threads down and see the same damn thing posted?

Mods - please merge. (I have already marked the exclamation mark to alert.)

Rest: in case you need to respond, please note that there is another thread with 38 replies. :)

Mods - please merge. (I have already marked the exclamation mark to alert.)

Rest: in case you need to respond, please note that there is another thread with 38 replies. :)

i apologize i didnt look closely enough :(

Re: Not to add fuel to the fire but PFT is saying that Brady may have a broken foot.

What I learned from listening to that audio link to D&C:

There is a circle of 4 who know about injuries, the player, the HC, the trainer and the doctor.

Somehow John Dennis breached the circle...:rofl: or it's a lot biggger circle than he claims...

Sometimes doctors who aren't familiar with professional athletes and the cumulative crap/junk they haul around in joints and crevices playing regularly get a glimpse at test results and run screaming from the sight. Then a guy like say (in baseball) Dr. Andrews re-assesses the films and says NBD that's normal professional wear and tear...

Brady's precautionary MRI was supposedly taken at Providence Hospital. The team doctors are at Mass General.

Re: Not to add fuel to the fire but PFT is saying that Brady may have a broken foot.

What I learned from listening to that audio link to D&C:

There is a circle of 4 who know about injuries, the player, the HC, the trainer and the doctor.

Somehow John Dennis breached the circle...:rofl: or it's a lot biggger circle than he claims...

Sometimes doctors who aren't familiar with professional athletes and the cumulative crap/junk they haul around in joints and crevices playing regularly get a glimpse at test results and run screaming from the sight. Then a guy like say (in baseball) Dr. Andrews re-assesses the films and says NBD that's normal professional wear and tear...

Brady's precautionary MRI was supposedly taken at Providence Hospital. The team doctors are at Mass General.

To add to this and merge it with my first post, the initial MRI that was suspicious for a fracture was done at a facility other than the one regularly used, and the second study, the CT, was done at Mass General.

QB12

If this MRI took place on Aug 15th and this is a cracked bone in Brady's foot, the news seems good from what I've read in other players situations it looks like a 2 week injury:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=nfl&id=2602577

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/rumors/...man-Backman-out-with-cracked-bo?urn=nhl,64896

Personally I don't believe this story but just so we cover all angles.

One was a RB and the other an NHL defensemen and they take more of a pounding in their positions than Brady would and would exert more pressure on the foot. Makes sense.

Didn't Kevin McHale play in the playoffs with a broken foot ages ago ?
I think if I recall right, upon reflection he said he wouldn't do it again.
I would rather see TB heal up if this rumor is true.

Re: Not to add fuel to teh fire..but PFT is saying that Brady may have a broken foot.

Maybe I'm missing something here, but how the #@^&@#% do you walk, let alone practice, on a broken foot?

depends on which bone is broken. my wife walked around with a broken bone in her foot and didn't even know it until she was at the doctor for something else.

Re: Not to add fuel to teh fire..but PFT is saying that Brady may have a broken foot.

depends on which bone is broken. my wife walked around with a broken bone in her foot and didn't even know it until she was at the doctor for something else.

yeah, I suffered a stress fracture in my left foot when I was in boot camp with the navy (way back in the dark ages). They wrapped it up tight and put a piece of gel-type foam underneath the arch and I went with it and graduated on time. It ached quite a bit and was uncomfortable but I could still do PT and run on it. Mostly, it hurt when I was transitioning from having weight on it to sitting or lying down. It would be fine when I woke up or stood up until I put full pressure on it, then it would ache quite a bit for a few minutes, then subside.

However, it did heal up just fine. :)

If makes sense to of keep him out of pre-season to keep the foot rested as possible. It's not like it's his 2nd year in the league. Now, if he wasn't at practice as much as he has, I'd be worried. Keep in mind as long as nothing happens to re-aggrevate the foot, the bye week is coming up in week 4.

** HERE ARE THE FACTS **

I live in New England Marketing and have a close contact with a member of the teams medical staff. This is accurate intel.

Brady DOES NOT have a broken foot.

An offensive lineman stepped on his foot and initially they thought be broke it — but all he has is a deep bone bruise.

No break, just a bruise — thats the real dealio.

PatsBackAgain ~

^^^^one of the comments on pft...if anyone is interested

Didn't Kevin McHale play in the playoffs with a broken foot ages ago ?
I think if I recall right, upon reflection he said he wouldn't do it again.
I would rather see TB heal up if this rumor is true.

yeah and it hurt his career.

If makes sense to of keep him out of pre-season to keep the foot rested as possible. It's not like it's his 2nd year in the league. Now, if he wasn't at practice as much as he has, I'd be worried. Keep in mind as long as nothing happens to re-aggrevate the foot, the bye week is coming up in week 4.

If it's a stress fracture or reaction, the only thing that will help is time. You can't really "re-aggravate" those types of injuries, they simply happen and then take time to heal. It's not like a muscle pull. You'd have to either actually suffer a fracture in the case of a reaction, or create additional breaks for the problem to worsen, and in that case, such injuries would occur whether there was a pre-existing condition or not.

i apologize i didnt look closely enough :(

Please don't be sorry! I was not upset like pujo. :)

You are usually the first person to give us updates/links on all the stories/opinions on our team as reported by others. I thank your efforts. :)

How about Matt Light and Russ Hochenstoeoiieensnnegien carry Brady onto the field and then with one arm over Matt and one over Russ he then takes the snaps and plays the game?

Just sayin'.

I hate the preseason/time between the first game.

Why risk it? We could have done that if we had Leftwich as our #2.

I'm hoping that BB still goes with the "Probable: right shoulder" routine just to fly in the face of all the foot headlines out there. :D

Probable: shoulder/foot

They shouldn't be so specific. I'd go with "probable: upper/lower body"

:D

Haven't read all the posts, but since when does an MRI look at BONES? Having had several, I can say with certainty that MRIs look at soft tissue. X-Rays look at the bones

I sincerely hope Dennis & Callahan come on tomorrow to apologize for getting this one wrong.
hahahahahaha.

Maybe I'm missing something here, but how the #@^&@#% do you walk, let alone practice, on a broken foot?

Particularly if it's a metatarsal, it's not difficult at all which it must be if there is footage of him running sprints at practice. It is impressive that MRIs are now showing bones as well though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes