PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wednesday Practice Report: Taylor out (foot)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patspsycho

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Pats practice report: Taylor out

But before we get too excited, let's remember that Wednesdays are usually the days that BB give vets off.

However in the breakdown vs. Bills, I did observe that Taylor was virtually ineffective in the 2nd half.

Between Woodhead and BJG, I think we'll be ok.

Pats practice report: Taylor out

But before we get too excited, let's remember that Wednesdays are usually the days that BB give vets off.

However in the breakdown vs. Bills, I did observe that Taylor was virtually ineffective in the 2nd half.

Wasn't he injured in the second half? And didn't play much? Hence BJGE playing alot more!

Not sure BJGE is the power back we need....but he is always going forward.

Want to see more of Woodhead in this offense....he could be a pleasant surprise if he continues performing like he has in the past.

Taylor seems to be always injured....time to replace him in next draft or thru FA.
Maybe he'll surprise us and stay healthy, but he hasn't shown it so far with Pats.

Taylor seems to be always injured....time to replace him in next draft or thru FA.
Maybe he'll surprise us and stay healthy, but he hasn't shown it so far with Pats.

He isn't exactly a spring chicken, is he! ;)

So if Taylor and BJGE both went down, who would carry the ball in a short-yardage situation? Woodhead? Or would they just go shotgun/spread all the way?

So if Taylor and BJGE both went down, who would carry the ball in a short-yardage situation? Woodhead? Or would they just go shotgun/spread all the way?

Sammy Morris

Between Woodhead and BJG, I think we'll be ok.

Don't forget Sammy Morris. He has had some good games against his former team.

Don't forget Sammy Morris. He has had some good games against his former team.

You're right! Forgot about him but he hasn't been playing a whole lot lately, has he? Thought he was injured too.

You're right! Forgot about him but he hasn't been playing a whole lot lately, has he? Thought he was injured too.

He is playing mainly as a FB, so not alot of carries :)

Pats only carrying 4 RB's with Faulk out and Maroney gonzo.

That's cutting it close with the age of Taylor and Morris....if they both get dinged wonder what BB's backup plan is.

Sammy has lost a step, it really showed up in preseason. He's here because he's a very versatile RB who as some noted is working at FB, he's now the principle blitz p/u RB for passing downs, and he plays Special Teams. He can't take as many single back set reps in relief of Taylor, which is why BJeepers is getting the more and more. I would expect him to retire after this season, which is another reason to want NE to take it all the way and be the last team standing to start the new decade. Take it out with confetti Sammy!

Last edited:
Pats only carrying 4 RB's with Faulk out and Maroney gonzo.

That's cutting it close with the age of Taylor and Morris....if they both get dinged wonder what BB's backup plan is.

There will be some on the shadow roster :) If another goes down, will get a call :)

I think BJGE is ready to be the main back now anyway, with Woodhead on 3rd downs.

I think BJGE is ready to be the main back now anyway, with Woodhead on 3rd downs.

If Taylor remains healthy, I still see BJGE slowly getting more carries as the season progresses!

Interesting that this is the conversation we're having. Never thought BJGE would be our main RB or that we'd have a tiny white RB replacing Faulk before the season.

Last edited:
Sammy has lost a step, it really showed up in preseason. He's here because he's a very versatile RB who as some noted is working at FB, he's now the principle blitz p/u RB for passing downs, and he plays Special Teams. He can't take as many single back set reps in relief of Taylor, which is why BJeepers is getting the more and more. I would expect him to retire after this season, which is another reason to want NE to take it all the way and be the last team standing to start the new decade. Take it out with confetti Sammy!

So you're saying Sammy Morris has morphed into Heath Evans, but with a more colorful vocabulary?

Sammy has lost a step, it really showed up in preseason.

That's actually not clear. I agree he's looked sluggish, but if you look at the Tate kickoff return vs the Bengals you can see that Morris is actually catching up with Tate, and on some of the outside runs he had in the preseason he still showed he could turn the corner. He may have a lateral agility limitation, but he still seems to have straight line speed...

Last edited:
Have either Sammy or Freddy lasted a season at RB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back