Status
Not open for further replies.

Christopher_Price

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Here’s the latest, just issued by the Patriots:

More...

Last edited:
i think BB is doing some serious messing around w/ the injury report...

i think BB is doing some serious messing around w/ the injury report...

Definitely have to wonder when Lamont hurt his foot.

I wonder if it's common for a day off to not aggravate an injury?

Question is, when will Cassel show up with the Probable, shoulder description?

Question is, when will Cassel show up with the Probable, shoulder description?

Never!

As they keep reminding us, he's not Tom Brady.

So he'll be Probable, Ankle or something like that instead.

I understand that Miami has Joey Porter on their injury list as "Possible: Bruised Ego"..... :rofl:

Maroney "made of glass". Ah, the 2007 memories.

So I take it Aiken, Watson & Alexander are all healthy and participated fully in practice?

any sense of the nature/potential impact of the Maroney injury? i'm getting deja vu all over again.

He's being funny

Oh ok. Just wondering. I tire quickly of fans yelling and screaming about people beings busts. Maroney does need more consistency, that's for sure, but this bust stuff is ridiculous.

Oh ok. Just wondering. I tire quickly of fans yelling and screaming about people beings busts. Maroney does need more consistency, that's for sure, but this bust stuff is ridiculous.

I think it's our system. He is more suited to Denver or Indy with the stretch. He is not a tackle to tackle pounder that BB prefers. Bust? I don't think so. Full time 30 down back? No, I am afraid not.
I'd swap Marion Barber for him even up in a minute! This kid Maroney is strictly an outside runner. That is why Morris and Jordan look better in tight quarters. For a unique 220 lbs, he is more of a "scat back" type.
He will always be scarred about the "made of glass" deal. And it is well deserved until he can prove he can take a hit without breaking down.

On a one to ten I grade him a 6 as a RB. He has speed and probably a better blocker and pass receiver than he gets credit for, but his negatives are very bad vision i.e.will not improvise (how often have I watched him dive right into a mass of players at the point when one jump cut and he's got a clear 20 yarder), doesn't understand the cutback, and his body is not made to take NFL punishment as well as other backs, nor will not play hurt. Up to this point he was a good pick but not worthy of a first rounder in my opinion.
Maybe we create more outside and stretch type plays for him?
DW Toys

I think it's our system. He is more suited to Denver or Indy with the stretch. He is not a tackle to tackle pounder that BB prefers. Bust? I don't think so. Full time 30 down back? No, I am afraid not.
I'd swap Marion Barber for him even up in a minute! This kid Maroney is strictly an outside runner. That is why Morris and Jordan look better in tight quarters. For a unique 220 lbs, he is more of a "scat back" type.
He will always be scarred about the "made of glass" deal. And it is well deserved until he can prove he can take a hit without breaking down.

On a one to ten I grade him a 6 as a RB. He has speed and probably a better blocker and pass receiver than he gets credit for, but his negatives are very bad vision i.e.will not improvise (how often have I watched him dive right into a mass of players at the point when one jump cut and he's got a clear 20 yarder), doesn't understand the cutback, and his body is not made to take NFL punishment as well as other backs, nor will not play hurt. Up to this point he was a good pick but not worthy of a first rounder in my opinion.
Maybe we create more outside and stretch type plays for him?
DW Toys

That's a fair analysis DW. I think he might be better than a 6 on your scale, but I certainly couldn't say he was better than that consistently. You're right, I think the system has something to do with it.

I'm not a big X's and O's guy. To me, it seems like he hardly gets any holes to hit yet when the other backs come in I see hugh holes. Anyone else?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots