PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wed Practice: Fred Taylor "Limited" Toe (SMY)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad I was able to pick up BJGE in one of my deeper fantasy leagues. I bet he will be good for at least a few solid starts once Morris goes down and Freddy has to take some games off.

Maybe we can trade for Maroney.

Oh, wonderful.

Fred Taylor hurt? Shocked, I tell you!!

Sammy and BJGE can pick up the workload if Taylor can't go. I have faith.

No Maroney to cover for Fred??

We're DOOMED!!!!!!!

There is always next year,though

Last edited:
Of course. It's inevitable with this guy.

Who would have thought that a 34 year old RB that's injury prone would get injured? That maroney trade makes a lot of sense.

But then again, who really cares? We will face probably the top run defense this weekend. And we have Tom Brady at qb, against cornerbacks of the caliber of Cromartie and Wilson. Honestly, run plays would and will be waste plays. Even without Jenkins.

The running game will be an afterthought this week anyway. If we get more than 75 yards rushing against the Green Beans I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Hoping its not a turf toe injury....thats not insignificant.

Veteran + long season = Day off

Not needed that much this week.

A Taylor injury is as certain as a Neal injury, jut a matter of time. I just hope we will have him for Dec-Jan and that BJGE steps up while Taylor's down.

Last season was the first time since 2002 that Taylor missed more than 5 games. I know that most of this board is still under the impression that RBs are supposed to make it through 16 games every year, but that's just not the reality of today's NFL. Most don't. Taylor's no more or less injury-prone than most other RBs.

Hoping its not a turf toe injury....thats not insignificant.
You're right, it's not a minor injury, but my guess is that if that's what it is, he wouldn't have been out there practicing at all today.

All Belichick needs to do is systematically shut down Taylor, then Morris, then Taylor again, etc. in a 2 week cycle until the first playoff game.

Give them both 10 weeks off (including a bye week and a #2 seed bye) over the next 18 weeks and both will be running like 27 yr olds during that 2nd week of January.

Brady threw 35 times last week,I could see 45 without Freddy

You're right, it's not a minor injury, but my guess is that if that's what it is, he wouldn't have been out there practicing at all today.

I doubt it's an injury at all. It's just Wednesday, probably, because I also doubt that they would have just gone and traded Maroney if Taylor was already hurt.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots