PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Webster and Aiken contract details from Reiss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, we already KNOW that the Pats don't have ANY qualifying free agents signed. So the point is MOOT. None of Webster, Lewis, or Aiken signed contracts whose single year value is over 900K. Williams is the one who is a question mark now. He could have a contract worth more than 900K.

Again, go back and read Adamjt13's post. $900K is not, I repeat not, the threshold for a "qualifying UFA." It is the 2008 floor for players receiving a comp pick, if you have a net loss of FAs. The lowest salary that counted as a "qualifying UFA" was ~$740K.

Again, go back and read Adamjt13's post. $900K is not, I repeat not, the threshold for a "qualifying UFA." It is the 2008 floor for players receiving a comp pick, if you have a net loss of FAs. The lowest salary that counted as a "qualifying UFA" was ~$740K.

I see what you are saying but even with the 740K "qualifier" neither contract meets that and it is almost definitely going to be higher this year.

I also understand your concern but I think they had comp for the players services like others pointed out...but I am sure that BB and others have info on where the line will be that none of us have and feel they are comfortably south of it. This isn't thier first rodeo and they have NEVER shown a propensity to mortgage the future in any way...well except for camera placement, but whatever.:bricks:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down