PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Website is Slow - Anyone else the same?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get 216.69.140.4 at 89 ms whatever that means. But it does take long for the website to load.

Things seem to be moving much faster now. I got into the main page and clicked on message boards and kinda zipped right to the forums. Also, going from thread to thread is moving much faster.

Parking lot isn't working yet.:confused:

PATSNUTme said:
Things seem to be moving much faster now. I got into the main page and clicked on message boards and kinda zipped right to the forums. Also, going from thread to thread is moving much faster.

Parking lot isn't working yet.:confused:

I'm seeing the same thing now from home, and am getting the new address (the 216.69.140.4) via the domain name which means all the files are now loading from the new server. Hopefully we're good to go.

Ian

The new ip has propagated to my dns server but the site is still pretty slow here in Raleigh.

The site is much quicker and more responsive now. Paul

I just did an ISI (Internet Server Identification) for www.patsfans.com.

"IP address for the domain is: 216.69.140.4"

"The server returned the following response header"

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Thu. 09 Nov2006 04:25:30 GMT
Server: Apache
Connection: close
Transfer-Encoding: chunked
Content-Type: text/html

I'm getting my pats info from IP 216.69.140.4

Btw, 17 hops here and a 200-250 round trip. :( , dial-up. :eek:, all I can get where I live.

Still slooowwwwww thoughhhhhhhhhhhh. :confused:

IP 216.69.140.4 is the correct address. My ping to patsfans.com is an average of 105 ms, compared to an average of 85 ms for patriotsplanet.com - another popular Patriot's bulletin board. The ping times difference isn't material however patriotsplanet.com is MUCH slower accessing the forum than patsfans.com is.

Possibly the forum database needs to be purged, something that should probably be done once every season anyway.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back