PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Website claims 7 NFL stadiums to be attacked

Status
Not open for further replies.
RayClay said:
http://www.canada.com/topics/sports/story.html?id=fae2ca3b-ba78-4fff-8f29-c43938709e8c&k=97921

The warnings made their way to U.S. authorities after an article from the independent news website, canadafreepress.com, appeared on the Internet chat forum, thefriendsociety.com.

The article: "Next Attack Imminent: Muslims ordered to leave the United States," mentions a pending attack from a naturalized U.S. citizen, and was posted in the forum under the conversation titled, "New Attack on America Be Afraid."

* Some guy posted this on an internet forum? If they read this forum some posters would end up in Guantanamo -:) I suppose the authorities have no choice but to increase security this weekend and maybe the rest of the year.
If I were going to a game this weekend at 1 of the stadiums mentioned I wouldn't be worried about it. I'd guess terrorists talk about possibilities all te time. Doesn't mean thier going to happen.

njpatsfan said:
Remember, we were 'lucky' on 9/11 - 16,000 people who worked in the Towers escaped.

As someone who witnessed the towers' burining, I'm constantly amazed at how complacent people have become.

The next attacks (and sadly, I think this is inevitable) will be even worse, now that rogue nations have or are about to have nuclear capability.

R

So you posting here now that the Canadian website's been shut down?

pats1 said:
The threat, posted Oct. 12, was part of an ongoing Internet conversation titled "New Attack on America Be Afraid." It mentioned NFL stadiums in New York, Miami, Atlanta, Seattle, Houston, Oakland and Cleveland, where games are scheduled to be held this weekend.

Actually, is Homeland Security sure this hasn't already happend?

That would explain a lot about Oakland's play.

njpatsfan said:
Remember, we were 'lucky' on 9/11 - 16,000 people who worked in the Towers escaped.

As someone who witnessed the towers' burining, I'm constantly amazed at how complacent people have become.

The next attacks (and sadly, I think this is inevitable) will be even worse, now that rogue nations have or are about to have nuclear capability.

R

I hope you are not suggesting that I have grown complacent. What I am saying is JUST THE NUMBER OF CASUALTY. Holy cow people. I am not saying 9/11 was not important or that it's irrelevant anymore. It is relevant to me, everyday. I signed up for the service BECAUSE OF 9/11. Don't even try and suggest that I have grown complacent since 9/11. Don't.

A couple of things to pick up on here

Firstly, there seems to be remarkably little knowledge about what a dirty bomb is and what it's potential affects are. Have a look at this from the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
In most instances, the conventional explosive itself would have more immediate lethality than the radioactive material. At the levels created by most probable sources, not enough radiation would be present in a dirty bomb to kill people or cause severe illness.
. Should a dirty device explode in the vicinity of an stadium (and as someone else has said, we're talking truck close to a stadium, not a thermos flask inside), it's likely that there would be more injuries from a stampede of fans trying to get out than there would be from radiation sickness. We would, of course, also be looking at the stadium being closed down for the forseeable future for decontamination - a particular concern in downtown stadia like Minneapolis, Cincinnatti and Charlotte.

Secondly, and I'm not saying this to be complacent, but the first we've known about New York, Bali, Madrid, London, Mombasa, Istanbul, Djerba et al has been when the attack itself took place. It's a lot easier to cause panic by a posting on a website than it is to put a bomb together.

Thirdly, and I don't mean this as a political point, but we must not let the threat of terrorism affect the way we go about our daily lives. The threat of domestic terror is a relatively new one for most Americans. Whereas many of us grew up in Europe with the threat of attacks from the IRA (who set off a bomb in my home town 15 years ago), ETA, Algerian seperatists and Baader Meinhof to mention just a few. Sure, constant vigilance is required, but living in fear is not the answer. If you go to a game on Sunday, you're far more likely to be injured in a motor vehicle accident on the way to and from the game than from any rumoured terrorist attack.

And finally - it's North Dakota, not Montana, you have to worry about.
In 1995 North Dakota had 1,710 warheads stored, out of an estimated total of 9,000 held in the US as a whole, whilst Russia (currently) has a low end estimate of 5,830.
So if North Dakota seceeded from the Union, it would be the world's third strongest nuclear power.

Last edited:
Murphys95 said:
I agree. Large amounts of explosives require a large medium, and a proximity to the stadium itself. Not impossible -- but very difficult to pull off. As for a dirty bomb, same issue, a large explosion needed to disperse the radioactive material.

On the same note, I have zero fear of attending the Patriots game this Sunday. No place I'd rather be, threat or no threat. :)

Same here Murph. Besides, I don't think a little radiation is going to hurt me, as long as I'm drinking beer. Asbestos, maybe, but radiation? Hello, I use the microwave all the time!!! :)

Simultaneous attacks? I hope Mohammed realizes there's some 4 o'clock games there.

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news/10110162/detail.html

Do not know if this was posted or not...but apparently it was on a message board and the host is from Qioncy. I think Homeland Security is on this one big time..but is it more to get people to change what they do?? yes...certainly and in many ways, a lot of these widespread searches and such are actually showing the terrorists how easy it is to get things changed. Some may be needed, but blanket seatches are hardly the way to go. If changes like that are tolerated the terrorists have won..forget about the constitution and what the US stands for.

AStack75 said:
Simultaneous attacks? I hope Mohammed realizes there's some 4 o'clock games there.
at 3:45, all stadiums will be full, i would think.

That is *so* bogus. It's probably some little geek in his Mama's basement trying to make him/herself important. Terrorists don't "warn" their targets ahead of time. They only claim responsibility after the fact. Sheesh. It's yet another troll with no life trying to stir the pot.:p

Last edited:
Pattie said:
That is *so* bogus. It's probably some little geek in his Mama's basement trying to make him/herself important. Terrorists don't "warn" their targets ahead of time. They only claim responsibility after the fact. Sheesh. It's yet another troll with no life trying to stir the pot.:p
They FBI will trace it down..no doubt and throw the book at whoever did this..I do not think it is really all that hard..and do understand this is NOT a political issue..anyone who does this and thinks it is funny..or a prank needs to be woken up to the fact that it is FAR from it.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2631676&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

Updated: Oct. 19, 2006, 2:27 PM ET
FBI interviews person suspected of stadium threat post
Associated Press

MILWAUKEE -- FBI agents questioned a 20-year-old Milwaukee man Thursday as they tried to determine who made apparently phony Internet threats of "dirty bomb" attacks at NFL stadiums this weekend.

Milwaukee police contacted the FBI on Wednesday night about the man.

"From the information we have, we believe he was involved to some extent, but we don't know at what level," said FBI agent Douglas E. Porrini. He added: "That person was released, but we're not saying that he won't be charged."

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/10/19/nfl.threat/index.html

A competition as to what would be the scariest?? Gee this 20 year old will know what scary REALLY is..and the FBI is deciding if they will charge him??
I eman they are thinking about it?? On gernal princoples..I would nail this guy so that ANY funny talk about attacks and such but no nothing geeks and college students will vanish. SOrry it is nOT aprank or close to funny!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes