PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Weather forecast for Saturday's game vs Saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.

leehanu

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
I don't see anybody talking about the weather for this weekend's game versus Ravens. There is this misconception that Ravens can play well in cold and bad weather. The forecast calls for very cold weather and winds upto 15 mph. Isn't that a big advantage for Pats since Flacco is so reliant on the Deep ball?

There's a whole thread on playoff game weather here. And you can ways go to nflweather.com to get forecasts for games.

Man, Flacco can be a dumb ass lucky gets hot in the right time QB but one thing we can't take away from him, he puts a hell of a spin in a football, his passes do not shake a bit, it's one of the best spirals in the NFL if not the best, he can cut the wind just like Brady. So the weather won't be a problem for him from a physical standpoint.

I don't see anybody talking about the weather for this weekend's game versus Ravens. There is this misconception that Ravens can play well in cold and bad weather. The forecast calls for very cold weather and winds upto 15 mph. Isn't that a big advantage for Pats since Flacco is so reliant on the Deep ball?

In other instances? Yes, but I don't see much benefit with a cold weather team from BAL, with a strong armed QB who can throw accurately for distance. To take it one step further, 15 mph winds are nothing....that's pretty much average, particularly for the month of January.

We heard this the entire week last time in the 2012 AFC championship game vs them, and that obviously didn't happen. If anything, it may have actually hurt us.

I believe that we'll walk away victorious, but I don't see the wind helping things all that much for either side.

"I did retire, right?"
saturday-jeff-01.jpg

Would be surprised if Baltimore was not practicing outside this week, the weather there is been comparable, a couple of degrees warmer but does not seem that significant..

Would be surprised if Baltimore was not practicing outside this week, the weather there is been comparable, a couple of degrees warmer but does not seem that significant..
They practiced indoors yesterday.

I do not think it is going to affect the game very much.

Fluke-O will still manage deep ball trouble. He always does. The difference this time is we have a secondary with the skills to handle that.

The wind is more likely to affect deep ball passing no matter how tight of a spiral, but I agree that Flacco isn't Manning and the wind and cold will not affect his game nearly as much as it would Manning's. Strong gusts could affect a deep pass or two, but nothing significant. The Ravens are mostly built to play in bad weather.

I've been getting ready for the game by freezing my ass off in Montreal this week. It was a lovely -24F last night, -35 with the wind.

I think we're finally going to see the Pats start playing when the game starts. This is where they wanted to go all year. Well, it's here (the playoffs) and it's Brady's time to shine. If they still have it we're going to see it. And they still have it.

"“I do what I’ve been doing for 11 years – go out there like I’m playing in 80 degrees,” defensive tackle Vince Wilfork said. “I’m a big believer in, ‘I’m not playing the weather,’ so I’m not going to switch my routine up just because of what’s going on outside. Deal with it."
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-has-an-interesting-answer-to-cold-questions/

15 mph wind isn't really that bad...like supa said...pretty normal for jan here

even if the weather is a factor evenly for both teams, the pats offense stands to be less effected. bigger RB's, better short passing game, and the pats don't have incompetent DB's that are going to let flacco complete uncontested passes.....simple......revis on smith sr, play the run and give browner a little help over the top on torrey smith.

offensively, pick up the pace a bit and force the ravens to commit to their initial defensive alignment

Pardon my rudeness, but I'm hoping that Flacco's new nickname, after the game, will be "flaccid Flacco". :D

Pardon my rudeness, but I'm hoping that Flacco's new nickname, after the game, will be "flaccid Flacco". :D
Flaccid floppy wobbly wiener Flacco.

• SaturdaySunny, with a high near 22. West wind 5 to 9 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph.
  • Saturday NightMostly clear, with a low around 9. West wind 3 to 5 mph.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes