PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Weather/Field Conditions Tonite?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilduce06410

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
it's really raining hard here new hew haven, storm seems to be moving northeast.
thunder and all.
we've gotten, i think, about an inch of rain in the last hour.
not that cold, tho, which led me to wonder if we're gonna have a mud bowl tonite.

Looks like rain to stop this AM. Should have 9hrs or so with out rain.
I imagin they had the field covered.
Tonight 9 to 12 temps should be around 40.
However,
the winds are expected to be around 22mph ! :eek:

Last edited:
Raindrops falling on a muddy field,
Dillon smashing through the line,
Pancake blocks from Mankins and Neal,
Merry Christmas Jets fans - to you.

i loveit.

razor's hash marks fading faast/
da pats are geared up like tha past/
jets better hope their QB lasts/
i feel a bad moon risin'

ilduce06410 said:
i loveit.

razor's hash marks fading faast/
da pats are geared up like tha past/
jets better hope their QB lasts/
i feel a bad moon risin'

Razor? The game is at the Meadowlands.

Too bad we can't ship some Northern Maine weather down to the Meadowlands. I'm in the middle of storm dumping 25-30 inches of snow with considerable blowing and drifting. It's good stuff.

sorry about that

Fanfrom1960 said:

look, i'm 54, a child of the '60s, and i have CRS. jim ignatowski makes perfect sense to me. it's only natural i'm a government consultant.
so gimme a break.
and come up with some verses of your own.

green-and-white fans put up your dukes/
'cause the only k.o.'s will come from your hands/
deion branch will duck and juke/
it's a bad, bad season in the meadowlands

Fanfrom1960 said:
Com'on, we're playing in the mud here, no time for technicalities when we're gettin' greasy! :)

T-ShirtDynasty said:
Too bad we can't ship some Northern Maine weather down to the Meadowlands. I'm in the middle of storm dumping 25-30 inches of snow with considerable blowing and drifting. It's good stuff.
Snow flakes clogging the hashmarks up,
Patriots playing Monday night,
Rosie lighting the offense up,
Makes Bollinger scramble in fright.

T-shirt screaming at the referee,
Chips and beer flying wild,
Hobbs didn't touch him myopic fool,
May your manhood shrivel and die.

ilduce06410 said:
look, i'm 54, a child of the '60s, and i have CRS. jim ignatowski makes perfect sense to me. it's only natural i'm a government consultant.
so gimme a break.

Duke scowling crossly at the Jet sideline,
Ty Law with Pennington by his side,
Bruschi will spread his grin very wide,
Sticking Houston again and again.

ilduce06410 said:
so gimme a break.

Much better. My poetic ability is non-existent. Yours is a little better. Just kidding. BTW, 54 is young. You were also around for the Pats debut though, huh?

ilduce06410 said:
so gimme a break.

If you are truly a child of the 60's - then what was that smell eminating from the walkways at old Schaefer / Sullivan / Foxboro / Stadium back in the 70's & 80's???
I was there and I actually remember it all.......

Last edited:
yep

Fanfrom1960 said:
Much better. My poetic ability is non-existent. Yours is a little better. Just kidding. BTW, 54 is young. You were also around for the Pats debut though, huh?
i was actually an oilers fan (my hometown) till '67, but i must say the story of clive rush's announcement in '60 as patriots head coach. is i think, the funniest sports stories i've ever heard.
you can probably google to it at "clive rush" and "patriots". if that dooesn't work add 'electrocuted". yes that's right.

ilduce06410 said:
i was actually an oilers fan (my hometown) till '67, but i must say the story of clive rush's announcement in '60 as patriots head coach. is i think, the funniest sports stories i've ever heard.
you can probably google to it at "clive rush" and "patriots". if that dooesn't work add 'electrocuted". yes that's right.

I remember it well, I was there through it all. My Dad was an original Season ticket holder, he passed them along to me in the mid 90's and I have enjoyed with my sons ever since.
Old Dad is still around, just not able to make it to the games, although I was able to bring him to Gillette once a few years back and his name is etched on the back of one of the seats roght under one of my boys names (we each have our names on our seats - a cool touch).

So many memories - so many more to come.

T-ShirtDynasty said:

Only if...

Our snow is almost gone. It feels more like March here than December, with temps in the 40s.

sinsemilla

fgssand said:
If you are truly a child of the 60's - then what was that smell eminating from the walkways at old Schaefer / Sullivan / Foxboro / Stadium back in the 70's & 80's???
I was there and I actually remember it all.......

but the godawful odor from the mens room pretty much covered it.
there was a lot of septic system odor around there. who knows what billy sullivan used to get sewage to the line below Rte1.
as i recall the security guards were usually interested in doing some research themselves.

Rain drops falling from the sky,
The pats are running up the scores,
The jets coaches are about to cry,
The jets fans are a buncha whores.

54 is young, but...

Fanfrom1960 said:
sometimes it's not the years, it's the mileage.
keith richards has got to be in better shape than he looks. he couldn't do all that touring if he's out of his gourd 12 hours a day. he's probably some kinda closet workout freak.
and if that's true, it's likely that one of my last presumptions about children of the love generation will be popped...jagger/richards will outlast, perform longer, than lawrence welk! liberace! perry como! nancy f___ing sinatra!mayeb even henny youngman!
stones will have 43 years in in january, but that's a whole 'nuther thread.

ilduce06410 said:
sometimes it's not the years, it's the mileage.
keith richards has got to be in better shape than he looks. he couldn't do all that touring if he's out of his gourd 12 hours a day. he's probably some kinda closet workout freak.
and if that's true, it's likely that one of my last presumptions about children of the love generation will be popped...jagger/richards will outlast, perform longer, than lawrence welk! liberace! perry como! nancy f___ing sinatra!mayeb even henny youngman!
stones will have 43 years in in january, but that's a whole 'nuther thread.

Waaay back to the beggining for me - Dad took me to first ever game at Nickerson Field, where I watched the Patriots lose to the Broncos during the last minute of the game. I wsa 8 years old and dad said I cried when they lost, go figure....

ilduce06410 said:
but the godawful odor from the mens room pretty much covered it.
there was a lot of septic system odor around there. who knows what billy sullivan used to get sewage to the line below Rte1.
as i recall the security guards were usually interested in doing some research themselves.

I admit to sharing with a security guard - one hour before the game at the top row of the 300's. I, of course, did not inhale, however the security guard did..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down