Welcome to PatsFans.com

Weather Channel Founder Sue Al Gore for Fraud

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by NEPatriot, Jul 11, 2009.

1. NEPatriot

NEPatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

2. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,989 / 41 / -31

#24 Jersey

Who is "Sue Al Gore" ... name sounds Muslim to me. :p

3. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

You'd think that a lifelong weather guy on TV and the founder of the Weather Channel would have some sort of formal degree in Meteorology or some climate science wouldn't you?

This guy right here is the prototypical denier. His life experience is reciting on TV what an actual meteorologist tells him to say, oh and cracking jokes with the sports guy, yet his opinion is valid in Republican circles.

4. Michael

Michael Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Yes, I prefer MIT professor Richard Lindzen. Who said "An Inconvenient Truth is antithesis of scientific thinking.". He also said, "Intelligent people see right through this [man made global warming] but, the educated are vulnerable.". You got to love that line.

5. Michael

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

6. State

State In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -8

#70 Jersey

James Hansen at NASA has been fisked enough to have to wear suspenders.

Even by teenage girls. 15-Year-Old Byrnes Outsmarts NASA?s Global Warming Alarmist James Hansen | NewsBusters.org

Of course, [strike]global warming[/strike], er, climate change is a religion for people without religion. Belmont Club Earth versus the suits It's amazing what secularists will end up believing. I wish they had stuck with the Trinity and the Virgin Birth.

It's a lot less costly to my wallet.

But at least James Hansen is consistent. The American Spectator : AmSpecBlog : The Sainted James Hansen Democrats aren't so commendable, it seems.

7. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,989 / 41 / -31

#24 Jersey

Screwing all the people that did not vote for him in the process ... you can't make this stuff up.
    Al Gore should run again with Michael Moore as his VP this time.
    2 people who talk a lot of **** and fill their wallets doing it.

8. sdaniels7114

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

From Michael's Wikipedia link: (Bolding added by me)

Assembling 16 experts and then discounting what 15 say in favor of the 16th is about the most perfect example of cherry picking I can think of.

9. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,989 / 41 / -31

#24 Jersey

10. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +452 / 12 / -14

Ah yes the unsourced citation from Wiki, of course the editor of the climate scinece page from Wiki has been called out for not allowing information that doesn't support the MMGW modeling.

Here is the list of 31,000 scientist who think Algore and his gofer MR HAnsen are wrong.

xox J wall xox

11. sdaniels7114

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Unsourced, o rly?

# ^ "Curriculum Vitae of Richard Siegmund Lindzen". http://www-eaps.mit.edu/faculty/lindzen/CV.pdf. Retrieved on 16 June 2009.
    # ^ Lindzen, R.S., M.-D. Chou, and A.Y. Hou (2001). "Does the Earth have an adaptive infrared iris?". Bull. Amer. Met. Soc. 82: 417-432. doi:10.1175/1520-0477(2001)082<0417:DTEHAA>2.3.CO;2. http://eaps.mit.edu/faculty/lindzen/adinfriris.pdf.
    # ^ "Publications". http://www-eaps.mit.edu/faculty/lindzen/PublicationsRSL.html. Retrieved on 2007-04-05.
    # ^ "Curriculum Vitae, Richard Siegmund Lindzen". June 1, 2008. http://eaps.mit.edu/faculty/lindzen/CV.pdf. Retrieved on 2009-03-18.
    # ^ "Lindzen, Richard S.". Richard S. Lindzen. Retrieved on 2007-04-05.
    # ^ "Theses advised by Prof. Richard S. Lindzen" (PDF). http://www-eaps.mit.edu/faculty/lindzen/students2.pdf. Retrieved on 2007-04-05.
    # ^ "Climate Change Science: An Analysis of Some Key Questions: Committee on the Science of Climate Change". National Academies Press. 2001. Climate Change Science: An Analysis of Some Key Questions. Retrieved on 2007-04-05.
    # ^ "Climate Change Science: An Analysis of Some Key Questions". National Academies Press. 2001. Climate Change Science: An Analysis of Some Key Questions. Retrieved on 2007-04-05.
    # ^ Lindzen, Richard S. (June 11, 2001). "Scientists' Report Doesn't Support the Kyoto Treaty" (PDF). The Wall Street Journal. http://eaps.mit.edu/faculty/lindzen/OpEds/LindzenWSJ.pdf. Retrieved on 2007-04-05.
    # ^ a b Lindzen, Richard S. (February 23,2004). "Canadian Reactions To Sir David King". The Hill Times. Canadian Reactions To Sir David King by Richard S. Retrieved on 2007-04-05.
    # ^ Lindzen, Richard S. (May 1, 2001). "Testimony of Richard S. Lindzen before the U.S. Senate Commerce Committee" (PDF). Lavoisier Group. http://www.lavoisier.com.au/articles/climate-policy/science-and-policy/Lindzen_McCain.pdf. Retrieved on 18th March, 2009.
    # ^ Solomon, Lawrence (December 22,2006). "The Deniers -- Part V: The original denier: into the cold". National Post. The original denier: into the cold. Retrieved on 2007-04-05.
    # ^ The NAS panel said on the matter that "The committee finds that the full IPCC Working Group I (WGI) report is an admirable summary of research activities in climate science, and the full report is adequately summarized in the Technical Summary. The full WGI report and its Technical Summary are not specifically directed at policy. The Summary for Policymakers reflects less emphasis on communicating the basis for uncertainty and a stronger emphasis on areas of major concern associated with human-induced climate change. This change in emphasis appears to be the result of a summary process in which scientists work with policy makers on the document. Written responses from U.S. coordinating and lead scientific authors to the committee indicate, however, that (a) no changes were made without the consent of the convening lead authors (this group represents a fraction of the lead and contributing authors) and (b) most changes that did occur lacked significant impact."
    # ^ "Climate Change Science: An Analysis of Some Key Questions: Summary". National Academies Press. 2001. Climate Change Science: An Analysis of Some Key Questions. Retrieved on 2007-04-05.
    # ^ Lindzen, Richard S. (June 11, 2001). "Scientists' Report Doesn't Support the Kyoto Treaty" (PDF). The Wall Street Journal. http://eaps.mit.edu/faculty/lindzen/OpEds/LindzenWSJ.pdf. Retrieved on 2007-04-05.
    # ^ TCS Daily : Technology - Commerce - Society
    # ^ Bailey, Ronald (November 10, 2005). "Two Sides to Global Warming". Reason Magazine. Two Sides to Global Warming: Is it proven fact, or just conventional wisdom? - Reason Magazine. Retrieved on 2007-04-05.
    # ^ Bailey, Ronald (June 8, 2005). "Betting on Climate Change". Reason Magazine. Betting on Climate Change: It's time to put up or shut up - Reason Magazine. Retrieved on 2007-04-05.
    # ^ Lindzen, Dr. Richard (09/17/2003). "A Mayor Mistake". TCS (Tech Central Station). A Mayor Mistake - TCS Daily. Retrieved on 03-15-09.
    # ^ Houghton, John. "The Great Global Warming Swindle: Critique by John Houghton" (PDF). The John Ray Initiative. http://www.jri.org.uk/news/Critique_Channel4_Global_Warming_Swindle.pdf. Retrieved on 2007-12-20.
    # ^ http://www.amos.org.au/BAMOS_GGWS_new.pdf
    # ^ "The Great Global Warming Swindle: open letter to Martin Durkin". Climate of Denial. 2007-04-24. The Great Global Warming Swindle: open letter to Martin Durkin from 37 signatories (April 2007) | Climate of denial. Retrieved on 2007-04-28.
    # ^ BAS Statement about Channel 4 programme on Global Warming
    # ^ Lindzen, R.S.. "Global warming: the origin and nature of the alleged scientific consensus". Regulation, Spring 1992 issue: pp. 87-98. http://eaps.mit.edu/faculty/lindzen/153_Regulation.pdf.
    # ^ Ross Gelbspan (December, 1995). "The Heat is On: The warming of the world's climate sparks a blaze of denial". Harper's Magazine. THE HEAT IS ON (Global Warming Disinformation).
    # ^ a b Oriana Zill de Granados. "The Doubters of Global Warming". PBS. FRONTLINE: hot politics: reports: the doubters of global warming | PBS. Retrieved on 2007-11-24.
    # ^ Alex Beam (30 August 2006). "MIT's inconvenient scientist". The Boston Globe. MIT's inconvenient scientist - The Boston Globe. Retrieved on 17 March 2009.
    # ^ Lindzen, R.S. (2009). Climate Science: Is it currently designed to answer questions?. arXiv. http://arxiv.org/ftp/arxiv/papers/0809/0809.3762.pdf. See page 14.
    # ^ Schneider, S. (July 2001). "Submission to the Commonwealth Joint Standing Committee on Treaties, Inquiry into The Kyoto Protocol". Parliament of Australia Web Site. Joint Standing Committee on Treaties: Kyoto Protocol; Submissions. Retrieved on 2009-12-07.
    # ^ Solomon, S., D. Qin, M. Manning, Z. Chen, M. Marquis, K.B. Averyt, M. Tignor and H.L. Miller (eds.) (2007). "IPCC, 2007: Summary for Policymakers. In: Climate Change 2007: The Physical Science Basis. Contribution of Working Group I to the Fourth Assessment Report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change". Cambridge University Press. IPCC - Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change. Retrieved on 2009-12-07.
    # ^ House of Lords Select Committee on Economic Affairs (21 June 2005). "House of Lords Select Committee on Economic Affairs, Second Report, Session 2005-2006: The Economics of Climate Change". UK Parliament website. House of Lords - Economic Affairs - Second Report. Retrieved on 2009-08-07.
    # ^ a b House of Lords Select Committee on Economic Affairs (25 January 2005). "House of Lords Select Committee on Economic Affairs – Minutes of Evidence, Second Report, Session 2004-2005: The Economics of Climate Change". UK Parliament website. House of Lords - Economic Affairs - Minutes of Evidence. Retrieved on 2009-08-07.
    # ^ House of Lords Select Committee on Economic Affairs (18 January 2005). "House of Lords Select Committee on Economic Affairs – Minutes of Evidence, Second Report, Session 2004-2005: The Economics of Climate Change". UK Parliament website. House of Lords - Economic Affairs - Minutes of Evidence. Retrieved on 2009-08-07.
    # ^ The Faraday Institute for Science and Religion (no date). "The Faraday Institute for Science and Religion – Biography of Prof. Sir John Houghton". The Faraday Institute for Science and Religion website. The Faraday Institute for Science and Religion - Biography of Prof. Sir John Houghton. Retrieved on 2009-08-07.
    # ^ Schmidt, G. (14 February 2006). "Richard Lindzen's HoL testimony - RealClimate". RealClimate website. RealClimate. Retrieved on 2009-08-07.

I'll never understand why you tell such stupid, easily dismissed lies.

12. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Why would The Weather Channel be considered a credible source??? :rolleyes:

Oh, and btw, the coldest summer in 78 years now in northern Europe. They're writing books now in several countries: 2009: the year without a summer.

Temp right now is 59 F. It's 9:03 PM, Sunday; high today was 68 F. Normal high for this date (87 year average) is 74 F.

Wish global warming would hurry up!!!! Freezing our ______ off!!!!

//

13. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +452 / 12 / -14

So which source referred to the bolded statement?

What of the censorship by wiki?

14. sdaniels7114

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I'll be happy to answer that right after you explain to me why I should be defending Michael's link. I was pointing out the stupidity of putting up a link that not only doesn't defend your position it actually refutes it.

15. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +452 / 12 / -14

Can't speak to the link since I don't do wiki. I do know that Lidzen has great credibility. More than Hansen IMO since Hansen is so politically driven, and has been shown to be wrong on his data sets on a few occasions.

16. Michael

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

The link was just the obligatory "link" "link" link they always seem to need to function. It shows his credentials which was the obvious point of it. It's not my source of what professor Lindzen has said on the subject. I've actually heard the man speak for an hour and take Q&A.

17. NEPatriot

NEPatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

I'll let you know how this lawsuit turns out. I hope that Al Gore defends his 'global warming' BS.

18. efin98

efin98 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Hard to defend his BS if the case is thrown out...I doubt it ever gets to trial.

19. NEPatriot

NEPatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

It's like Obama's BC cases in federal courts OR Obama's bogus claim on created jobs, isn't it?

Obama and Al Gore don't have to PROVE anything BUT libbies here want NEPATRIOT to BACK UP everything that he says. Is it wonderful?????:singing::singing::singing::singing:

20. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,989 / 41 / -31

#24 Jersey

Frankly it's a pain in the azz ... your the forum hemroid.