PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We won...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welker was open on the hitch route. I hadn't heard much discussion about this but that's what I thought during the play. I think it was a designed play. Brady immediately looked for Faulk.

Brady was ready to get creamed ... Vollmer missed his assignment.

Well said. I still liked the choice by Tom, I just wish he'd had more of a chance to go through his progressions.

Or if he had thrown the ball lower then Faulk has more leverage to move forward ... the defender made a great play ... he made a play that helped his team win and we made one less play of course.

Pats should've wasted their TOs after coming from the sideline. Granted Indy won but we'll see them in January and win in the playoffs.:cool:

Weather he got the 1st down or not wouldn't change my mind on that it was a bad call to go for it.

I don't think you should even give the possiblity of a short field to Peyton Manning and thats what the call did.

Another thing you don't ever want to do on the road against the Colts and thats give the chance for the refs to make a big decision, they had two big decisions in this game and got both wrong. The PI call on Butler with 3 minutes to go, it might not of stopped the Colts scoring on that drive but they wouldn't of had 25 free yard either. And of course, the 1st down call this thread is about and I agree with most, looking at it again, it's a 1st down without question.

But why do officials not discuss it, if that is me, I would of been asking if anyone had a good view of it from the other side because it's a big game and the view the official had that made the call was terrible and he should of discussed it with the other officials to see what their view was. The problem seems to be the arrogancy of the officials, they were too damn arrogant just to ask each other what they saw and they made a bad call, I can't figure out another reason why they didn't discuss it if it wasn't for the ego of the official that made the call on the spot of the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back