PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We won - Quit Whining

Status
Not open for further replies.

carolinatony

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Some of you guys amaze me. So what If it wasn't a blowout. Maroney and the defense played well. We have Miami next week to get the passing game going again before the playoffs. 2 more games and we are 16-0.
I'm not sure there were ANY fans including me who thought that before the season started.
We all know BB will Not be happy with the play of the offense and let them have it this week . I see a BIG game from Moss and co next week and throught the playoffs till the SB.
Go Pats

A win is a win. I think people underestimate just how terrible the conditions were today. No offence would have put up big numbers in that weather. We now have HFA and the luxury, IF BB wants, of resting players. :rocker:

We Won , that is all I count, but this wont be good against a Peyton Manning.. That is all I will say..

1) NO INJURIES!!!
2) A WIN tying NFL record # of wins to start season. HFA is HUGE!!!
3) Another Patriot scores a TD

Next up...FINS...
Sucks to be them.

Last edited:
4) Defense did a fine job. BIG SEY is BACK!!!
5) Running game was GOOD today.

Last edited:
We are the second team in the history of the NFL to start a season with 14 wins. That is all that will matter about this game after today.

We Won , that is all I count, but this wont be good against a Peyton Manning.. That is all I will say..

Jeezus...have you watched many of Indy's games this season? Next you'll be telling us to be afraid Tom can't outperform Eli...

This is the irrational stuff that drives the rest of us nuts. This team isn't perfect, even though their record is. But they are a lot closer to perfect than anyone else in the NFL. You need to watch more non Pats games.

I am so happy to be a fan of this team and so proud of them for going 14-0.
I just want them to win, I don't care how they do it.

Good Job Pats!!!

Amen to thread.

The Peyton Manning who inevitably has a meltdown in ugly weather?

This was a decent win because the two big questions -- defense and running game -- stepped up for a solid performance.

Yes, thank you. Believe it or not, this isn't Division I vs. Division III football. This is the NFL. The players who make it to this level have talent, even (well, to some extent....) the Jets. Not every game will be a blowout. We played this game to win -- I didn't look at the final time of possession but I'm sure it was significantly in our favor. The fact that we can win these games shows that the Pats can win anytime, under any conditions. Brady didn't have a great game by any stretch and we still won by more than one possession.

Calm down people -- it's OK (plus I've heard that we're something like 14 and 0 now...)

" think people underestimate just how terrible the conditions were today. No offence would have put up big numbers in that weather"

I did not see the game so I can't comment. I'm sure it didn't help Brady.
Now that we are on the verge of history and another SB I'll only say one thing...Please get a POWER RB for next year to go with Maroney.

" think people underestimate just how terrible the conditions were today. No offence would have put up big numbers in that weather"

I did not see the game so I can't comment. I'm sure it didn't help Brady.
Now that we are on the verge of history and another SB I'll only say one thing...Please get a POWER RB for next year to go with Maroney.

Yes, because 100 yards + a TD and 4.0 yards a carry sucks.

[/sarcasm]

I guess people forget what it was like to have a crappy Patriots team, so that's why we have to keep hearing negativity at 14-0. Oh well.

Yes, because 100 yards + a TD and 4.0 yards a carry sucks.

[/sarcasm]

I guess people forget what it was like to have a crappy Patriots team, so that's why we have to keep hearing negativity at 14-0. Oh well.

Antowain Smith 4.0, 3.9, 3.5.

That includes two super bowls.

If you compare open field ability it's a :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Last edited:
A great win, homefield, most of the players healthy and one less game one the road to the supebowl.

Getting good positive experience, playing "situational football" makes this team a battle tested force come playoff time. They've survived bad weather involving wind, rain and snow. They've survived high pressure Defenses who force mistakes. They've survived their own poor execution on O, D & STs. They've even survived trash talking Safeties who couldn't cover my grandmother.

All in all, let's take the W and move on to the suddenly dangerous 'Phins, whose resurgence we'll be hearing about this week. BTW, can you think of a more timely win by an upcoming opponent? The Ravens meltdown is the gift that just keeps on giving to the Pats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back