PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We Win Our Next 2 At Home. Who's With Me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll go one step further. We beat Atlanta by at least 20 points. Book it. Then Baltimore comes to town with an undefeated record, its the game of the week with Nantz and Simms, and we punch them in the mouth, winning 20-10.

QB12

I don't see the Pats beating Baltimore at this point, they look pretty solid on offense and, as usual, on defense.

I don't see the Pats beating Baltimore at this point, they look pretty solid on offense and, as usual, on defense.

You are saying there normally weak offense is strong because they played well in 2 games, and their normally strong defense is strong because you are ignoring that they played poorly in their first 2 games?

they lost rex ryan, who is apparently patriots kryptonite

We beat Atlanta rather convincingly, then beat Baltimore in a tough, mano-a-mano, bloodbath. When we go to Denver, we're 3-1, atop the AFC East.

Who's with me?

QB12

I may be in denial (please don't try to cure me) but I am with you bro. It is a marathon not a sprint. The team gels and gels and learns from these tough games, by the time they play the Jets again they will be 7-1 or 6-2 and Mayo will be back, that game is for the division.

You do mean Belichick's kryptonite. Belichick took one of the best sets of offensive talent in the history of football and made them look like a rookie quarterback with a bunch of inexperienced talented players. Wristbands for everyone! Have the plays on whiteboards! No huddle all game! One formation all game!

Hopefully, Belichick will be back to normal and will re-assess his approach before the next jets game.

they lost rex ryan, who is apparently patriots kryptonite

I expect them to win both, but this is still a super bowl team even at 2-2.

i know youre being optimistic but i dont think, besides two drives against a team thats theoretically nowhere near the patriots' equal, that theyve shown anything to make anyone think this is a super bowl team

on paper, sure, but games arent played on paper. then again the steelers lost a pretty bad game this week too and havent looked special at all

Last edited:
i know youre being optimistic but i dont think, besides two drives against a team thats theoretically nowhere near the patriots' equal, that theyve shown anything to make anyone think this is a super bowl team

on paper, sure, but games arent played on paper. then again the steelers lost a pretty bad game this week too and havent looked special at all

And Balitmore has allowed an aveage of 29 ppg, despite playing KC.

And Indy has struggled to beat two 0-2 teams who looked otherwordly terrible in their other games.

And SD looked far worse against Oakland than NE did against Buffalo, then lost to Baltimore.

And TN is now 0-2 and allowed 34 points to the same team that NY made look like a high school team.

And GB just allowed 34 points to a Cincy team that Denver held scoreless for 59 minutes.

And NYG were thoroughly dominated by Dallas, only to come up with a couple key plays that gave them a chance late.

And around and around we go.

or 1-3.

The question is when the team starts turning it around. The three games after these two are a good place.

HOWEVER, one game at a time!

At this point, we can go 0-2 just as easily as we can go 2-0. Me personally? I'm a "glass is half full" kind of guy. If we can get our act together, we can take down Atlanta and Baltimore is more than beatable. That defense isn't what it used to be. Rivers torched them and the Chargers would have won without boneheaded mistakes.

Bump - been couple of days. are you with me . . . ?

QB12

Atlanta - dead

Baltimore - Dead

Denver - Dead

Tenn- Dead

Tampa in London- super dead:ditto::ditto::steamed:

Atta boy. Anyone else?

QB12

We beat Atlanta rather convincingly, then beat Baltimore in a tough, mano-a-mano, bloodbath. When we go to Denver, we're 3-1, atop the AFC East.

Who's with me?

QB12

[Raises hand.]

I agree that there's been too much worry over the ATL game. Then again, I said the same about the Jets. But ATL's defense obviously cannot compare to the Jets', and another week of practice will do wonders for QB12. The Falcons have a powerful attack and there's really no way around surrendering 20-24 points, but the defense will contain them sufficiently. Brady still won't be in top form, but he and BB absolutely will exploit the lack of a pass rush / general mediocrity of Atlanta's defense for their fair share of touchdowns.

Baltimore I was more concerned about, but their defense is really on the downswing, and I hate to break it to the skeptics, but by game four Brady & Co. will have left precious Flacco in the dust. Still, the Ravens' D has a lot of talent, and their running backs will produce enough to stay in the game. I'm expecting a tight, lowish score—19-10 or thereabouts—disguising methodical clock control on offense and utter defensive dominance, particularly in the red zone. Yeah, I'll go on record as saying that if the Baltimore game isn't our defense's coming of age, I'll eat my hat.

I'd realistically take a split. I think this week is more winnable than next week. The Ravens are capable of doing what the Jets did. The Falcons could be a shoot-out, and if Brady is even somewhat accurate like in the first game, we should win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes