Welcome to PatsFans.com

We Win Again, But Dont Get Any Ideas of Moving Here

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by All_Around_Brown, Jun 5, 2007.

1. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

2. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +367 / 4 / -2

It's amazing how good life can be when you don't run a welfare state. Imagine the idea of keeping money in the places it belongs, which is the pockets of the people who earned it, as opposed stealing it from anyone who has it, in order to hand it over to someone else (who didn't earn it). What a crazy idea eh? Too bad we don't do that here in Trash/Tax/Sucks/Crap-achussetts. :(
  3. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Taxes are low there because New Hampshire's got this cool little highway robbery things going with respect to the I-95 tolls. Tony Soprano doesn't bleed his victims as hard as NH bleeds anyone from MA who'd like to recreate for a couple of days.
  4. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

... where *did* I put my violin ...?

//
  5. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Yeah, you're right. Instead of spending my extra money on boating or fishing or camping I should really just give it all to some religious wack-job from Korea. Then I wouldn't care about the toll rates in New Hampshire.
  6. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

OMFG, you can't be serious. You have to pay $1 each way on I-95. You are whining this much over one freakin' dollar..?!? :rofl: This could be the most hilarious whine I have seen in quite a while. A poor widdle liberal who loves to raise everyone else's taxes can't pay a $1 toll. :rolleyes:

Typical liberal who thinks everything should just be given to him and he shouldn't have to pay a single dime himself. I wish Massachusetts tolls were half as reasonable as New Hampshire's.
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2007
  7. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

So typical of the Star Wars loser, you just can't help but pick a fight at every opportunity. There's more than one toll bedwetter, and pray tell, why is it that NH residents only pay 1/2 of what everyone else pays?
  8. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Sorry, but I just calls 'em as I sees 'em. I have never seen someone behave like that big of a whiny little crybaby over a $1 toll. Sorry, missy, but I haven't seen this much b*tching over something so inconsequential from anyone that wasn't a 2nd grade little girl.
    There is one toll in the state of NH on I-95. There are multiple tolls on the Everett and Spaulding Turnpikes. There is one toll on I-93 near Concord.
    Because they give a resident discount, duh. :rolleyes:

Unbelieveable... you have to pay all of a $1 toll in NH to get to Maine and you act like you are being raped by none other than Tony Soprano himself. :rofl: The poor widdle liberal doesn't like a taste of his own medicine, now does he...? :rofl: :rofl:
  9. STFarmy

STFarmy Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Being an NH resident, I have to agree with QuiGon. If you don't like the tolls, don't come here. They are seriously not that bad.

And Real World, don't worry. The way people are moving to our state from MA, I don't doubt that public policy will slowly shift. I and many of my fellow residents will fight it for as long as possible, but it seem inevitable sometimes.

NH rules.
  10. Real World

Ratings:
    +367 / 4 / -2

Isn't it a $1 or something? How can anyone from MassBlows complain about a $1 toll? Heck, even if it's $2 how could someone complain. Have you gone over the Tobin? Driven on the Pike? :enranged:

BTW, they are going up on those very soon too! :mad:
  11. Real World

Ratings:
    +367 / 4 / -2

OMFG, you're a liberal leaner in Massachusetts and you are complaining about what again? :eek:
  12. Real World

Ratings:
    +367 / 4 / -2

OMG, I like SDaniels, but I am so baffled by his opinion here, that I'm at a loss in finding the proper pic to post. How could any liberal from Mass ***** about a $1 toll in NEW HAMPSHIRE! :rofl: It's $3 to go over the Tobin AND RISING! How are those "gone once it's paid for" Masspike collection boxes treatin ya? :eek:
  13. Real World

Ratings:
    +367 / 4 / -2

Unfortunately, I think you are right. NH will one day be a sewer for hand-outs quite like we are here. That's the sad direction this country has been headed in for a number of decades now. We have become an entitlement society, and as people migrate to nicer places that haven't yet been destroyed by the entitled, they'll slowly morph along with them. I think a states, or better yet, a federal bankruptcy is the only way this will ever change. Never the less, the figures show that we cannot continue on our current fiscal path.
  14. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +139 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

Exactly. I pay $2.10 fom the Lee MA exit to 495 everty time I go to a Pats game.
  15. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +239 / 8 / -26

I have transpass so I do not pay anything..
  16. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My friend, I have to say that - as much as this sickens me - the transformation has already taken place. I tell my wife all the time... the NH I grew up in and the NH I loved simply no longer exists.

All the M*ssholes went north of the border to escape the high taxes and then simply implemented the exact things they were trying to escape from in the first place.

If you think sdaniels' whining was bad, just wait until you see a M*sshole move to Exeter (or any one of 100 other NH communities) and then find out they have to pay $1 for a trash bag or something like that... you will never see b*tching and moaning like that anywhere...
  17. Real World

Ratings:
    +367 / 4 / -2

It's funny you say that. See, when people actually have to pay something out of pocket, they understand the cost. They'll whine over that dollar because it's actual to them. This is why I think our society is 30-40% retard and rising. These same people have no clue when it comes to the costs being extrapolated from their payckecks. They don't look at the taxes being paid out, and instead are too busy focusing on the money being cashed out. They just learn to live with what they clear, which is astounding. If they reveresed taxes, and had people pay in, as opposed to having them taken out, I can guarantee you that the welfare state would be a microcosm of what we have today.
  18. mtbykr

mtbykr Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#37 Jersey

After reading this ranking, it makes me want to move back home:)

What's funny about this is that when i come home to see family and friends i spend twice as much in tolls in mass then i do in NH
  19. Real World

Ratings:
    +367 / 4 / -2

Exactly. Which begs the question, then why aren't Mass Taxes half that of NH's? :violent:
  20. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Might I ask what a resident discount has to do with how much it costs to pay for upkeep on a road? How does the state listed on a tag have anything to do with how much damage or what costs are associated with a particular car driving on a particular road?

Of course it costs more in MA, anyone who can't understand why is a moron. If you can't understand why it costs more money to move millions of people over the roads than it does to move hundreds of thousands or even just thousands, then I don't know what to say. This is why you get paid more to work in this state, and its why I know of at least 1/2 dozen contractors who live in NH, yet work here; but I can't think of a single one who does the opposite. The point is that it costs EVERYONE the same to use the roads here. NH is able to trumpet their low taxes because they rape anyone who comes for a visit. Not just in tolls; but in every way imaginable they soak visitors. That's not being efficient. Its not being cost conscious. That's just stealing from people who can't vote.