PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We will NOT PICK McFadden

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snarf

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Even if we can. Not in a million billion years.

Seriously, I am amazed at how many people here think the Pats would use the SF 1st round pick to get McFadden and pay a huge rookie salary on a top 1st pick.

They won't. The Pats haven't, won't, and never will. They will trade down and get a steal from whoever is most desperate / deluded. The usual Patriot MO.

The Patriots offense is pass-heavy. You have to be when you have Moss / Welker. We simply don't have an offense that could effectively use a premier running back anyway.

We will trade down and take whatever the best value there is at the time, focusing on later round 1st/2nd round RBs and new blood defensive players to replace Bruschi, Samuel, Seau in the coming years.

Oh, no you didn't.

Last edited:
And what if no team is dilusional enough? As I recall, the Chargers traded the #3 pick, a 2nd rounder AND 2 players to just move up one spot to grab Ryan Leaf. SO SOMEONE EXPLAIN to me how a team without a top 5 pick will even have enough to get the pick.

Give away future year picks, of course.

Its been pretty widely known that many teams in recent years have tried to move out of the top 5 but the interest just isn't there.

Its been pretty widely known that many teams in recent years have tried to move out of the top 5 but the interest just isn't there.

Too early to say. Still have bowl games, the combine and the agent hyping his client. Right now, there is not a Reggie Bush or Mat Lienart out there, but they were not picked first either.

Trading down is obviously the best scenario, but as already mentioned, trading out of a top 5 pick is way more difficult than a lot of people think. If the Patriots do keep the pick, they should go with the best player available. It's important not to get too biased about a position. Every position aside from the kicker and punter has had huge busts and home runs at the top of the draft. For those that dislike the idea of an RB, remember that Tony Mandarich, Dan Wilkinson, and Leonard Davis were drafted ahead of Barry Sanders, Marshall Faulk, and Ladainian Tomlinson. On the opposite side of the spectrum, George Rogers, Blair Thomas, and Kijana Carter were drafted ahead of Lawrence Taylor, Junior Seau, and Tony Boselli. A top 5 pick is too big of an investment to screw up on, and the Patriots know that. If McFadden is the best player on their board, the Pats should take him, and I think they would.

I think people are forgetting we have Sammy Morris who could easily run for at least 1000 yds on this offense if given a whole season.

Keep in mind BB liked this guy tried to get him before he was technically the first free agent they contacted.

He's on a cheap contract and is a proven commodity.

Then we have that other guy Lawrence Maroney the guy we were creaming over at times last season also got injured is only 22 on a contact that is cheaper over the next 4 years than what Mcfadden would want just to provide his John Han**** to seal the deal.

I repeat in my opinion not arguing or disagreeing with anyone's here Mcfadden is the poster boy of a over rated player and a pipe dream.

We all see Adrian Peterson and go wow Brady would only have to throw 3 td's instead of 5 if we had that guy.

Well we seem to have a very high pick because San Fran is having one of the most disappointing season for a team that went balls to the wall in free agency.

So let's draft Mcfadden when he may not be a upgrade to a healthy confident Maroney or a Healthy Morris.

Let's tear apart our team for this phenom let's let Assante, Vince, Moss, Wilson, let's make them expendable let's draft a wr in the 5th replace Wilfork in the second round and let's trade our two third's to move up and get a corner who might fit in this system.

Then we can readjust the whole offense fire Mcdaniels get the OC from Arkansas to install that Wishbone.

Let's keep our best player Brady unhappy on the sideline while Mcfadden is taking the snaps under center at least 40 percent of the time on offense.

Ship off Maroney to Denver for a third like some suggest where he then in turn runs for 2 thousand yards behind that line denver has.

Knocks us out of the playoff's next year on the strength of wait for it.
Maroney game breaking runs where Mcfadden accidentally fumbles three times in one game again.

I don't mean to be a jerk or know it all but knowing Bill he would never consider taking a guy that fumbles 3 times in one game the biggest game of their season.

Cmon people this is the same guy that cut Gabriel for that fumble in the jet's game that wasn't the whole reason but that broke the straw on BB's back.

So he's just gonna embrace a runningback that will cost more than 2 of our whole draft classes combined has somewhat of a fumbling problem and runs mainly using a gadget offense that will never see any success in the pros.

If we do draft Mcfadden whether it be trading up or just staying put I will eat my words and every post I make will end with the caption I was wrong I welcome Mcfadden to the best franchise in pro sports.
GO RUN DMC!

If we do draft Mcfadden whether it be trading up or just staying put I will eat my words and every post I make will end with the caption I was wrong I welcome Mcfadden to the best franchise in pro sports.
GO RUN DMC!

Great! Welcome aboard the DMC train!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back