PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We will have a additional roster spot for 10 days now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Pa Patriot

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
I guess Faulk being suspended will allow us a week to decide 1 additional roster spot.. i might be wrong on that though, but his suspension is effiective today

I guess Faulk being suspended will allow us a week to decide 1 additional roster spot.. i might be wrong on that though, but his suspension is effiective today
I think you are right and this is an excellent point. Allows the Pats to keep one extra guy, at least past the first flurry of waiver wire activity.

Or he can use it to reward the 54th player, give him a game check instead of a practice squad check.

This I believe is true...and in the last few minutes while Sean's post was made have been talking with a writer about that...I believe it indeed is true...Harrison in 07 Cloud in 03...The team will have an extra roster post for a week..I think that could be very important..this year EVERY spot is helpful. Good point Sean!!!!!!! (I actually mentioned that before this post in the Kevin Faulk suspended thread..and wanted to check it out more..)

Last edited:
Right, suspended players don't count against the limit - obviously.

But saying the Pats will have an additional roster spot is like saying they have an additional one for keeping a player on IR - but that's obvious. It's 53 no matter how you slice it. I don't understand why it's always "an extra roster spot" if a player is on the exempt list or suspended.

This I believe is true...and in the last few minutes while Sean's post was made have been talking with a writer about that...I believe it indeed is true...Harrison in 07 Cloud in 03...The team will have an extra roster post for a week..I think that could be very important..this year EVERY spot is helpful. Good point Sean!!!!!!! (I actually mentioned that before this post in the Kevin Faulk suspended thread..and wanted to check it out more..)
maybe adam seward if he gets cut???

I think you are right and this is an excellent point. Allows the Pats to keep one extra guy, at least past the first flurry of waiver wire activity.

Or he can use it to reward the 54th player, give him a game check instead of a practice squad check.

So maybe BB actually put the weed in Faulk's....Nah!

Right, suspended players don't count against the limit - obviously.

But saying the Pats will have an additional roster spot is like saying they have an additional one for keeping a player on IR - but that's obvious. It's 53 no matter how you slice it. I don't understand why it's always "an extra roster spot" if a player is on the exempt list or suspended.
Well...it wasn't all so obvious..Reiss included Faulk in his 53...and ALL the mock rosters that I have seen have all had Faulk as the 5th RB...SO in the sense that so many had 5 RBs and have not taken into account the Faulk suspension there is an additional player for that first week. Granted it's not like 4 weeks like with Harrison last year, but it does give a little wiggle room for additional time. The extra spot is faux in the sense it's still 53, but given how all had Faulk there..at this point in time, it saves a spot for a week. The wording is bad with "extra" but it is what it is..

Last edited:

I don't really follow your reasoning, pats1. It's "extra" simply because at final cutdowns today they can keep 53 players not named Kevin Faulk, without cutting Kevin Faulk. It's not an extra player available for a game, of course, just an extra slot to play with for one week in the "who are the final cuts" game we onlookers all play this time of year.

I hope we hold onto Ventrone for the extra week.

I don't really follow your reasoning, pats1. It's "extra" simply because at final cutdowns today they can keep 53 players not named Kevin Faulk, without cutting Kevin Faulk. It's not an extra player available for a game, of course, just an extra slot to play with for one week in the "who are the final cuts" game we onlookers all play this time of year.

Right, but it's not like the Pats can "keep" 54 players. It's 53 no matter how you slice it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing