PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We will beat JAX if...

Status
Not open for further replies.

shirtsleeve

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
We should be able to beat JAX this weekend if we can shut down their run the way we did down the stretch. With a stationary target in at QB, our linebackers then can effectively disrupt their passing game. That to me means an effective, somewhat healthy Tedy playing most of the snaps on defense. With Tedy in, our front seven is solid, and play calling on D is outstanding. With Tedy out, its a much tougher row to hoe.

...we score more points than they do

shirtsleeve said:
We should be able to beat JAX this weekend if we can shut down their run the way we did down the stretch. With a stationary target in at QB, our linebackers then can effectively disrupt their passing game. That to me means an effective, somewhat healthy Tedy playing most of the snaps on defense. With Tedy in, our front seven is solid, and play calling on D is outstanding. With Tedy out, its a much tougher row to hoe.

You are correct. If you can stop Taylor and Jones the Jags will be in for a long night. I am torn being a Jag fan as who to start at QB. Your front 7 is the life blood of your team.

If the Jags come out and start to run the ball it will be a long night and a close game. If we are forced to pass you will tee off on BL to know end.

I think you will then see Garrard. He is more mobile but by far the most inaccurate passer the Jags have had in years. I know you think Garrard has done well. But the WR have made great catches to save his butt the last 5 weeks.

Good luck! No injuries.

I don't think that we should drop kick this week. They may have been scouting that.

And yes, containing the run would help us too.

Nice post, warjag.

Enjoy the board; enrich the board!

No injuries to you, too.

flutie2phelan said:
Nice post, warjag.

Enjoy the board; enrich the board!

No injuries to you, too.

Couldn't agree more.

At risk of raising the ire of some more experienced posters to this board, I will try to better explain my first post. It is my contention that these Jags are a very talented and dangerous team, and very capable of beating us. It is also my contention that the key to beating this team is to shut down their running game. Further, I believe that if Tedy doesn't play the majority of snaps on defense, we will have trouble accomplishing this goal. Not only defensively, but offensively, this will push us out of our game plan. To boil it all down: if Tedy is healthy and in the game, we should be able to control them and the game, if not, we risk a long night, a close game, and the possibility (however slight) of an upset.

warjag said:
You are correct. If you can stop Taylor and Jones the Jags will be in for a long night. I am torn being a Jag fan as who to start at QB. Your front 7 is the life blood of your team.

If the Jags come out and start to run the ball it will be a long night and a close game. If we are forced to pass you will tee off on BL to know end.

I think you will then see Garrard. He is more mobile but by far the most inaccurate passer the Jags have had in years. I know you think Garrard has done well. But the WR have made great catches to save his butt the last 5 weeks.

Good luck! No injuries.

Nice, honest assessment, by a teams fan. Thanks for stopping by. I personally think the Jags have been underestimated by most people in the media and by some in here too. Your team is extremely dangerous in my opinion and have that large "something to prove" chip sitting on your collective shoulders. I never underestimate any opponent because "on any given day . . .".

I am expecting a tough, physical game and a close score that could go either way. I also think the Pats experience factor will help us out as well as the somewhat cool weather which can really wear you down as the game goes on and on, everything starts to hurt more in freezing temperatures. Can really suck if you're not used to it. Also makes footballs slippery to hold and catch. I figure the experience and homefield advantage should give us just that - - - a slight advantage but nothing is ever gauranteed in this game.

I also agree with you, good luck and no injuries! May the best team win tomorrow.

edzo44 said:
Nice, honest assessment, by a teams fan. Thanks for stopping by. I personally think the Jags have been underestimated by most people in the media and by some in here too. Your team is extremely dangerous in my opinion and have that large "something to prove" chip sitting on your collective shoulders. I never underestimate any opponent because "on any given day . . .".

I am expecting a tough, physical game and a close score that could go either way. I also think the Pats experience factor will help us out as well as the somewhat cool weather which can really wear you down as the game goes on and on, everything starts to hurt more in freezing temperatures. Can really suck if you're not used to it. Also makes footballs slippery to hold and catch. I figure the experience and homefield advantage should give us just that - - - a slight advantage but nothing is ever gauranteed in this game.

I also agree with you, good luck and no injuries! May the best team win tomorrow.

Thanks they just had a special on TV4 here about the game. It lasted for 30 minutes and 4 local guys picked the game. 27-13, 24-14, 24-13 Pats and someone you may remember in Boston. Tom McManus of Boston College and then a Jag player held out for his prediction on his talk show tommorrow on 1460 ESPN radio in Jacksonville at 4:00pm ET.

If you lived in Jacksonville you would not beleive it. The 3 guys that picked are Sqealer,Phins and Deadskin fans. Thay hate the Jags as all media does in Jacksonville. I hate to tell you this but Tom is a big Jag fan. One guy from NE and he is a Jag fan? Hell he was a Jag player what do you expect.

Good luck its going to be fun. I had a blast with you guys last SB.Remember Wackos or the Centerfold. Come on the wife's not looking. Or maybe she is.

Good luck no injuries!

Last edited:
shirtsleeve said:
At risk of raising the ire of some more experienced posters to this board, I will try to better explain my first post. It is my contention that these Jags are a very talented and dangerous team, and very capable of beating us. It is also my contention that the key to beating this team is to shut down their running game. Further, I believe that if Tedy doesn't play the majority of snaps on defense, we will have trouble accomplishing this goal. Not only defensively, but offensively, this will push us out of our game plan. To boil it all down: if Tedy is healthy and in the game, we should be able to control them and the game, if not, we risk a long night, a close game, and the possibility (however slight) of an upset.
Ya done good. :rocker:

Box_O_Rocks said:
Ya done good. :rocker:

I concur, but the real key--the very same key that has given BB 5 rings--and will be the key to every T-Shirt game the Patriots play...

is to punch them in the mouth

and when they punch back

punch them HARDER

they made RULES to try and stop us from punching so hard--and IT DID NOT WORK

The team that wins is the team that punchest hardest. THAT is the mark of a Belichick team--the score doesn't matter, because the defeated team has already been too beaten down too hard to overcome even a 3 point deficit. We ALL recognize how we have manhandled teams for an entire game, and then cannot believe that the final score was so close.

Last edited:
Nobody bothered to mention the Turnover ratio. Jacksonville was real good at it, but be mindful that outside of Indianapolis, the Jaguars had a terribly easy schedule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back