PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We will be underdogs in the SB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Intreresting comments within an hour of winning the AFCC. And what in the world makes you consider 85 a deep threat? Have you watched the games this year?

Have you? Ocho getting open, including behind the defense, has not been the problem. Being where TB is throwing to has been. I still think he can be a threat in a limited group of plays.

Everyone root for SF!!!!

NYG has a sick O!!

If the Giants go on the road again and beat another top team in the NFL, they beat NE in their house this year, beat them in the 2007 Superbowl(psychological component the oddsmakers look at), I'm not so sure that the line may not be awfully close to a pick'em.

The Giants have looked downright dominant lately and the Pats are coming off a game that they could have very well lost, at home. And I think the perception is that the Giants have the recipe to throw the Patriots passing attack off with that Dline. And perception is that the NFC was the much better conference this year - so to come out of that side as from the Wild Card round means something.

There is NO WAY that game is a 7 pt spread. The one variable that helps the Pats is that the game will be indoors on turf.

Last edited:
If the Giants go on the road again and beat another top team in the NFL, they beat NE in their house this year, beat them in the 2007 Superbowl(psychological component the oddsmakers look at), I'm not so sure that the line may not be awfully close to a pick'em.

The Giants have looked downright dominant lately and the Pats are coming off a game that they could have very well lost, at home. And I think the perception is that the Giants have the recipe to throw the Patriots passing attack off with that Dline. And perception is that the NFC was the much better conference this year - so to come out of that side as from the Wild Card round means something.

There is NO WAY that game is a 7 pt spread. The one variable that helps the Pats is that the game will be indoors on turf.

I guess we will find out in a couple of hours if there is NO WAY

Have you? Ocho getting open, including behind the defense, has not been the problem. Being where TB is throwing to has been. I still think he can be a threat in a limited group of plays.

He doesn't even get on the field anymore, and when he did he couldn't get any separation. He is without question our slowest WR, and that probably includes the TEs too.

Not a chance in hell, although I wish we would be. Not gonna happen.

Coming off a poor passing performance and facing the team that destroyed the "perfect season" (if the giants win) will give Brady 2 long weeks to build up his intensity.

I remember last time when Brady laughed at a press conference when someone said something (I can't recall what exactly was said) about the Giants saying they were going to hold New England to something like 2 TDs.

He's had a very long time to stew over that game and I think NY would be the best opponent just because of how intense everyone will be and how bad they'll want to blow them out.

I've said this before and I'll say it again. I don't think this team can win a SB if they can't hit something over the top. The Ravens were defending a 15 yard window all game. Looked for a while like Ocho could at least provide a threat, but now we're back to Matthew Slater. I'm hoping against hope that Ocho can at least have a package of plays that he can run in the SB.

They just won the AFC Championship against one of the top 2-3 defenses in the NFL, yet you're sure they can't win the Super Bowl with the team as-built?

Seriously. WTF?

SF has held Manning to 10 points through 3 quarters ...

SF has held Manning to 10 points through 3 quarters ...

SF's defense is a lot better than ours, that's why Eli hasn't done much this game.

But your point is well taken. Both teams are sloppy through 3 quarters. So the Pats wouldn't necessarily be underdogs against the NFC champion.

Let's consider the conditions in this one - it's a wet, sloppy field with guys slipping all over the place.

We'll definitely be favored. Even if one of these teams won this game by like 50, they weren't going to be favored over us.

SF's defense is a lot better than ours, that's why Eli hasn't done much this game.

But your point is well taken. Both teams are sloppy through 3 quarters. So the Pats wouldn't necessarily be underdogs against the NFC champion.

The Giants scored 10 points in the 1st 3 quarters against us too.

Who cares. This team has something special going for them...just look at the last 2 min of this game

Pats will be about a TD favorite.... Maybe more, depending on who wins the NFCCG

No it's not. SF's offense could be argued that it's better though. They don't turn over the ball. This defense is just as good and will prove it again in the Super Bowl too.

Just because the Pats blew out a lot of teams and the D decided to stay healthy and not kill themselves in the 4th quarter, doesn't mean they can't do it and today was a good example of that. Nobody should give a crap if the D allows a 80 yard touchdown drive in the 4th quarter that chews up the final 5 minutes in a 40-28 game. It doesn't mean there's a problem with the defense. It means there isn't. They just haven't really had the chance to prove it.

I was worried about the offense in this game not the D and Brady and the O almost blew it. He has got to stop throwing picks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back