PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We will be underdogs in the SB

Status
Not open for further replies.

carolinatony

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Everyone will say we were lucky to be here.
Brady better have a better game.

I sure hope so! I love being the underdog and I think this team prefers that role anyways. but I doubt the Pats will be dogs according to the oddsmakers.

Good! Being the favorite is less fun.

I sure hope so.

I don't think they will, but the NFC game is only in the 1st. The winner there could even be considered lucky.

The Pats did show (although with a little luck) that they could win playing the game the way the Ravens wanted it to, not the way the Pats wanted it to. I think people don't think Brady will have two bad games in a row.

I've said this before and I'll say it again. I don't think this team can win a SB if they can't hit something over the top. The Ravens were defending a 15 yard window all game. Looked for a while like Ocho could at least provide a threat, but now we're back to Matthew Slater. I'm hoping against hope that Ocho can at least have a package of plays that he can run in the SB.

Maybe, but let's see what happens this game. The winner of this game could win sloppy too.

Yeah, I am still shaking my head at Ocho being inactive ...like seriously..They need a legit deep threat and a new secondary..

From what I've read it'll be Pats -6.5 vs SF or Pats -4 vs NYG

With the exception of the injuries, this is EXACTLY the game I hoped for all week.

It is a huge advantage in my mind for us to have our bad game this week, and eat humble pie for two weeks. Overconfidence is officially not an issue.

I wanted the sloppy win and I want the underdog status in the media if we can get it.

I did not want a blowout.

I've said this before and I'll say it again. I don't think this team can win a SB if they can't hit something over the top. The Ravens were defending a 15 yard window all game. Looked for a while like Ocho could at least provide a threat, but now we're back to Matthew Slater. I'm hoping against hope that Ocho can at least have a package of plays that he can run in the SB.

Ocho was inactive due to the death of his father. He'll be back there for the SB.

You mean like the one to Branch last week, and all the ones in the seam to Gronk?

Yeah, I am still shaking my head at Ocho being inactive ...like seriously..They need a legit deep threat and a new secondary..

Intreresting comments within an hour of winning the AFCC. And what in the world makes you consider 85 a deep threat? Have you watched the games this year?

I highly doubt it. Especially if SF wins. I'd bet it opens at 7 vs SF.

I'm trying hard to whomp up even a wee bit of caring about the betting line in the Superbowl. Trying...trying...

Nope, sorry, don't care at all.

(Or was this thread just an attempt at bitter negativity toward a team that went 13-3, earned the #1 seed, and just accepted the Lamar Hunt trophy? If so, may I suggest that's being, oh, maybe just a little hard to please?)

I'm trying hard to whomp up even a wee bit of caring about the betting line in the Superbowl. Trying...trying...

Nope, sorry, don't care at all.

(Or was this thread just an attempt at bitter negativity toward a team that went 13-3, earned the #1 seed, and just accepted the Lamar Hunt trophy? If so, may I suggest that's being, oh, maybe just a little hard to please?)

BINGO, We have BINGO

90ad9322_WTF-ARE-YOU-TALKING-ABOUT.jpg

Not a chance that they are not favorites

You mean like the one to Branch last week, and all the ones in the seam to Gronk?

The seam was defended today and the Giants and 49ers have the ability to do the same. I think that's great that you can point to an example or two when the Pats have gone deep this year, but the fact is you can't count on Branch to get behind anybody and you can't count on Slater to catch anything. IMO, their best shot to hit something deep is with Ocho.

The seam was defended today and the Giants and 49ers have the ability to do the same. I think that's great that you can point to an example or two when the Pats have gone deep this year, but the fact is you can't count on Branch to get behind anybody and you can't count on Slater to catch anything. IMO, their best shot to hit something deep is with Ocho.

I can point to more, only one of which was to 85. Its been 18 weeks, give it up, he isn't any good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots