PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We Were Behind By 3 With 14:02 to go; we had the ball 1-10 at the 32

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Who would you bet on behind by 3 with 14 minutes to go, with the patriots with the ball 1st and 10 at their own 32?
===================
The defense did lots and lots wrong. They also got turnovers.
===================
Even given the collapse by the whole team in the 3rd, it would seem that the offense might have done more in the 4th, especially against a team with all their starting linebackers out. We had 8 targets (5 WR, 2 TE and Vereen) active and could do nothing, even from the shotgun.

They had a grand total of TEN net yards (second half) going into their last garbage time drive.

They could not block the Miami defenders from pressuring the QB for anything.

I think we all expect a vast improvement on next Sunday afternoon, and then we'll go from there.

We got destroyed in the trenches, and in the second half when we were able to make a big play, it was called back due to a penalty.

One of the most sloppiest games I've seen from this team in a while.

The next series was even bigger. The penalty on Lafell's useless pick followed by Brady missing Edelman wide open on an out pattern at about the 30. One of the few times the entire o-line did its job and Brady had all sorts of time.

Brady hits Edelman on that pass and they at least tie the game. Huge.

The next series was even bigger. The penalty on Lafell's useless pick followed by Brady missing Edelman wide open on an out pattern at about the 30. One of the few times the entire o-line did its job and Brady had all sorts of time.

Brady hits Edelman on that pass and they at least tie the game. Huge.

Brady was kinda off the whole game at different times.

The first series 3rd down pass to Gronk was off. Then Brady had a good stretch of accuracy as the Pats scored points. Then the same course of events happened that have plagued the Pats passing offense for what seems like a decade.

Brady got hit and knocked down or sensed pressure rushing his throws. He was moved off his spot and his accuracy declined from there.

In all of the NFL football you've watched, how many offenses have you ever seen get dominated that badly? The 2nd half was like watching a SEC defense against D-2. It was as embarrassing as any NFL offensive performance I've ever scene. The D was slow and terrible too, but the lack of talent on O is ridiculously bad.

Considering we are supposed to one of the most composed teams in the league, we surely didn't look it in the second half. It was as if we got caught up in some Miami fan's fantasy for the second half, and lost our whole identity.

The game plan was trash on both sides of the ball. Defensively, you're lining up in the 3-4 when you don't have the DE's to pull it off. You're playing the best press corner in the NFL and a future HOFer in off man and off zone along with Dennard, who is also a bump and run guy. Further, you're playing a lot of Cover-2 when nobody Miami has on the other side of the ball is going to beat you deep. Offensively, you don't spread the Dolphins out and target the LB's, you don't give the tackles enough help when blocking, and you get thorougly one dimensional even though your 37 year old quarterback is getting hit on most of his drop backs.

The execution wasn't much better, either. We all know the OL sucked a fat one today. The DL wasn't much better. Vellano is garbage, Easley looked like a rookie hesitant about his knees, and Wilfork was getting totally blown off the LOS like he was on skates. Ninkovich, under no means, should ever be in coverage again and Jones is more effective with his hand in the dirt. This was just a total team loss. I honestly hope that the run defense gets figured out somehow, some way next week, or Adrian Peterson might set a record.

Well, the pressure is off for 16-0 so that's a relief :D

Personally I think this may be a good thing in the context of the whole season. Everyone was picking this team for the SB (at least to be there) in August and as we are all aware those games aren't won in August. This is a reality check for these guys to either get hungry or get eaten by someone else.

I have never saw a BB team look so totally crappy. There was no fire in any of them. Once Miami tied the game you could see the game was over. They should all be ashamed of their effort. They played like a second rate team.

They had a grand total of TEN net yards (second half) going into their last garbage time drive.

They could not block the Miami defenders from pressuring the QB for anything.

I think we all expect a vast improvement on next Sunday afternoon, and then we'll go from there.
I hope they play better. Mike zimmer had a good plan last yr when he was with cincy so he has some experience playing us. Not going to be an easy. Thankfully not as loud as the metrodome I think.

I hope they play better. Mike zimmer had a good plan last yr when he was with cincy so he has some experience playing us. Not going to be an easy. Thankfully not as loud as the metrodome I think.

Here's hoping that last years game versus the Bengals will be heavily reviewed so they can pick up on something.

Three man on the defensive line when we couldn't stop the run.

Going for constant 30-50 yard bombs for edelman all second half was the problem.

The coaches sucked. On EVERY level.

Early in the game, in a drive where he couldn't be stopped, there was a stat announced that Brady had completed 9 passes to 6 different receivers

Once the pressure increased Brady became completely predictable

This won't escape the notice of other teams. Brady and McDaniels better be prepared to adjust accordingly

McDaniels, adjust? Don't bet the house on it.

McDaniels, adjust? Don't bet the house on it.

Back in the Super Bowl winning years the PATS offensive scheme was sort of new. Not many teams were running the spread and Charlie Wies was innovative and would adjust on the fly. Definitely at halftime. Also, Weis would rip anyone a new one and not even Brady would talk back. I know Brady respected Weis. More than a few times Ive seen McDanuels and Brady going over formations on the bench and Brady is looking down like he is not interested.

Same with the defense. The 3 - 4 had been around, but NE made it in vogue. Crennel was excellent relating to the players Belichick was never better delegating the offense and defense to these fine Coordinators.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back