Status
Not open for further replies.

Ring 6

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2022 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I do not care at all who we face in the next 3 playoff games. Line them up and we will take them on, whereever it is.

The only other game(s) I would root for would be for Pitt to win this week and next, only because thats the only way we get a home AFCC game.

Talk about tomorrow morning if that Pats win, if not I don't care who wins.

I agree. Plus in Reiss' Pieces this week it was BB mention the Gap-Style running game of the Jaguars is the same system as the Broncos. Even more reason to want Pitt to win as we would get good immediate experience against a Gap system.

Add to that, the fact that Pitt has one of the more brutal O-Lines and Bettis as a punishing runner, that could have a nice softening effect on the recently banged up D-Line of Indy (Corey Simon missed a few games down the stretch as did Freeney (leg and groin) and Mathis).

Pitt winning tomorrow could represent a pre-cursor for the Perfect Storm here.

Last edited:
For sure. @ Den or @ Indy will be equally tough, IMO, so a Pitt win gives us something huge to root for next week, assuming we keep moving on.

Broncos are tough, but I'm not believing all this **** that Felger is trying to spew about the Colts being rusty and prime to upset their first game. They've had time off to prepare, and they'll play their best. So IMO, I want Pitt to win and we play Denver.

shmessy said:
I agree. Plus in Reiss' Pieces this week it was BB mention the Gap-Style running game of the Jaguars is the same system as the Broncos. Even more reason to want Pitt to win as we would get good immediate experience against a Gap system.

Add to that, the fact that Pitt has one of the more brutal O-Lines and Bettis as a punishing runner, that could have a nice softening effect on the recently banged up D-Line of Indy (Corey Simon missed a few games down the stretch as did Freeney (leg and groin) and Mathis).

Hi Shmessy..........I will be rooting for PITT to win their next four games this season :singing: :singing:

Pitt's only chance is to bang Cincy with the run. If Palmer is healthy enough to be effective and it becomes a shootout, Rothlisberger doesn't stand a chance of keeping pace.

I think we all wish for the AFCC to be in NE. It's a no-brainer. GO STEELERS!

I dont care about any of the other factors. We play who shows up. Indy, Denver, who cares, we need to beat them all. The only factor that matters at all to me is the possibility of getting the AFCC game at home.
On the other hand beating both Indy and Denver on the road, just puts another feather in the cap of the dynasty.

AndyJohnson said:
I dont care about any of the other factors. We play who shows up. Indy, Denver, who cares, we need to beat them all. The only factor that matters at all to me is the possibility of getting the AFCC game at home.
On the other hand beating both Indy and Denver on the road, just puts another feather in the cap of the dynasty.

The feather will be there no matter where we play.

Correct.
There is a danger when you win THIS much of toying with the idea of winning in even more interesting ways.

Quite honestly, winning the next 4 games against anyone, anywhere and in any way all adds up to the same thing.

3 in a row and 4 out of 5 needs no other facets to it.

shmessy said:

:agree:

The Perfect Storm would make a great subtitle for 4 Games to Glory though. And imagine the backdrop firestorm it would ignite in Indy if after all is said and done the Colts exit the playoffs without even facing the Patriots and the AFCC game isn't played in the home field advantage dome.

I think Dungy and Co. have spent the last week primarily gearing up for us, emotionally and strategically. Pittsburgh coming off a road win would really throw a monkeywrench in the Indy works. And I'd still rather face Jake the Snake in a playoff atmosphere too after he's had two weeks to mull the magnitude of his next performance understanding that the Patriots have now improved dramatically against the run...

AndyJohnson said:
Correct.
There is a danger when you win THIS much of toying with the idea of winning in even more interesting ways.

Quite honestly, winning the next 4 games against anyone, anywhere and in any way all adds up to the same thing.

3 in a row and 4 out of 5 needs no other facets to it.

Agreed. I'm willing to endure 6 months of "I hate the Patriots" and "There bad for football" if we can watch our guys do it again and dumbfound the nay-sayers.

If we beat Jax tonight, and I think that we will, I would rather play Indy next.

I just don't like playing Denver in Denver next. But, if we have to, we can beat them there.

MoLewisrocks said:
I think Dungy and Co. have spent the last week primarily gearing up for us, emotionally and strategically.
Just curious, what makes you think that? I understand the whole Fan VS. Fan stuff, but why a whole organization when there are 3 possible teams you can face, each with strengths and weaknesses?

homergreg said:
Just curious, what makes you think that? I understand the whole Fan VS. Fan stuff, but why a whole organization when there are 3 possible teams you can face, each with strengths and weaknesses?

Because that whole organization believes, rightly or wrongly, that all they have to do to win it all is get past us. That's why home field was so important to them this season. Now, that wasn't the case in 2002, when the JETS blew them out in our absence, but you'd never know it. From Polian on down, they expect that getting past us is all it will take.

I'd rather play Denver than Jacksonville!

Why does everyone always talk as if Denver is a good team. I'm only being half facetious when I ask, "Can anyone name anything good about the Broncos?" One good corner. One once-good safety. Decent QB. Decent RBs. Good O-line.

We almost beat Denver in their own place, during the Injury Era, without even playing half of the game.

I'd rather play Denver than Jacksonville!

Frankly, it doesn't matter who they play..Colts, Steelers, Broncos, Bengals, I believe this team can and will get to Detroit!! On the other hand, would not another home game be a great thing for the fans??? Wouldn't it be great to see this team battle the Steelers with a trip to the Super Bowl at hand?? I think that would be great for the fans and the team!! SO how does that happen?? Pittsburgh batters Cinci and then the Colts. There is a part of me that would LOVE to see this Patriot team give a lickin to the Colts at the Dome, but..I would rather have a home game. The Steelers also could lose and batter the Colts a lot, so that would make a win in Indy a bit easier. IN any event 4 more wins..starting tonight against the Jags!!!

Go Steelers......

I just looked at my 6 AFC Championship game tickets and my Foxoboro resident parking pass (yes we have to buy these). I would really, really like to go see another home game after today.

Go Steelers.....until we meet again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back