Welcome to PatsFans.com

We want Indy to beat Denver, right?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by grogan2767, Oct 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grogan2767

grogan2767 Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I think they play the week before we play INDY. Normally I always think we want INDY to lose in this situation. (Then, as long as we win, we are tied right at the top)

BUT since Denver beat us, and kind of seems to own us, we should want Denver to keep losing. The thing is, I think Denver is going to beat up on Indy out at there. I think Indy is going to be an easy target this year as it goes along.
  2. richpats

richpats Banned

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Yes, Indy beating Denver would be helpful to us, assuming we take care of Indy the next week. Of course Pittsburgh beating Denver (a more likely outcome) would help even more.
  3. MrBigglesWorth

MrBigglesWorth Rookie

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

let's hope for both
  4. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

The key imo is not having to go to Mile High in January. Any other playoff scenerio is as likely to go our way as not, excepting HFA all the way through of course. I don't even really fear playing Denver at home, its that damn stadium that gives me the willies.
  5. Flying Fungi

Flying Fungi Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

screw the Colts--GO DENVER

NEP will play the games on the schedule--one week at a time

I want Peyton to suffer every time he takes the field. Plummer and the Broncos do not scare me, regardless of recent history (playoff loss with no running game, regular season loss with no passing game).
  6. grogan2767

grogan2767 Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Good point about Peyton, BUT I do think we want Denver to lose both INDY, and Pitt, split with SD. I think we are going to beat up on INDY this year, I really do. I think we are going to get HFA.

7. richpats

richpats Banned

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

We have made QB's like Manning, Roth, McNabb, Palmer look like bums but we make a bum like Plummer look like a Pro-Bowler.

Our main problem against Denver is on offense- we just can't score early and force Denver's hand on offense. Unless we get a 10-0 lead on those guys they will protect the ball and strike with an aggressive playcall (the bomb on 3rd and 1 at the end of the 1st half). That's how they beat us. Plus, if you look at the 3rd down situations last game, they had A LOT of success while we just blew it.
  8. AzPatsFan

AzPatsFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +139 / 10 / -8

I think an old Shakespere (?) quote fits:

"...A Pox on both your houses..."
  9. Flying Fungi

Flying Fungi Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I repeat--screw the Colts--I do not want them to beat Denver. I want the NFL Peyton ball-washing machine to derail.

You asked who I wanted to win? That's my answer. Trying to strategize the playoff seedings based upon other teams tie-breaker scenarios is a junk concept. Don't believe me? Think: Cassell against MIA to ensure a trip to JAX when we could have had a higher seeding by simply beating MIA.

Denver sucks. They beat us, but they are a paper tiger--Plummer sucks.

Manning is an outstanding QB that can take over a game--I never--NEVER endorse a Colts victory.

Plus--the Colts are an AFC East former rival--I would expect most long-time Patriots fans to feel this way.
  10. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +126 / 7 / -13

IIRC the Broncos have more problems with the Colts. than the Pats have with the Broncos.
  11. fgssand

fgssand PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -1

#17 Jersey

Looks to me that Denver's schedule is tougher.....but, since Denver beat us and has that damn tangible Invesco / Mile high voo doo (define voo doo as we just suck when we play them for reasons unknown) going against us, seems to me we need Indy beating Denver.

Then, we get to handle our own business with Indy in a few weeks.

It is just way to early to begin trying to position ourselves for the bye looking for help, unless of course it is watching Cleveland beat Denver this week!! Ha!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.