PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We still need an outside WR

Status
Not open for further replies.

NG Pats Fan

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Or else come playoff time, when teams shutdown the middle of the field, Brady will not be able to adjust and will have no one to throw the ball too..and we will have another letdown offensive performance. I pray the patriots draft a tall, talented, outside threat in the first round of the 2013 NFL draft

loss_for_words.gif

what an awesome and original thread.

I'm surprised no one else has ever thought of this or made a thread about it.

I agree with the OP, we really do need an outside WR. I think this will be addressed in the draft. LOTS of good choices, you can probably find a good one even in round three.

NG Pats Fan, I'm sure you know of Belichick's bad luck in WR's when it comes to the draft though (outside of Deion Branch & David Givens). Hopefully they hit a home run though this time. My sleeper/binky pick is Aaron Dobson ,tall, fast, explosive WR from Marshall, now where have we heard of a player like that before ? A tall fast explosive WR from Marshall, hmmmm......

I'm surprised no one else has ever thought of this or made a thread about it.

I for one am enlightened and no longer feel alone.

To the OP, it's pretty obvious what you said, just like the Pats need to improve their pass rush and their db's.

However, I do agree with what you said. :D

I for one am enlightened and no longer feel alone.

Indeed!

PS. How long will it take a 21 year-old rookie to learn this offense, three of four years? Good luck banking on getting a starter in year 1. Then again if they sign Branch, Gaffney and Stallworth again I'll bang my head against the wall. This is why Emmanuel Sanders is an attractive option.

Or else come playoff time, when teams shutdown the middle of the field, Brady will not be able to adjust and will have no one to throw the ball too..and we will have another letdown offensive performance. I pray the patriots draft a tall, talented, outside threat in the first round of the 2013 NFL draft

That's the Rumor ABL = Anybody But Lloyd!

Indeed!

PS. How long will it take a 21 year-old rookie to learn this offense, three of four years? Good luck banking on getting a starter in year 1. Then again if they sign Branch, Gaffney and Stallworth again I'll bang my head against the wall. This is why Emmanuel Sanders is an attractive option.

There is no guarantees a Pro with experience learns our offense. Ocho Stinko was a 10 year veteran, couldn't learn our offense, and there are many more stories of veterans we signed who couldn't learn our offense. So no guarantees Sanders can learn our offense over a rookie.

Indeed!

Well two rookies that were 20 & 21 did pretty decently in 2010.

Since the WRs from Cal, West Virginia and at least one of the University of Tenn. will be off the board by #29, BB needs to overdraft WR Swope of Texas A&M in the late second round or early third if he trades back. I know some think he is Bethel Johnson part 2, but I think he has better hands than Johnson ever did.

I agree with the OP, we really do need an outside WR. I think this will be addressed in the draft. LOTS of good choices, you can probably find a good one even in round three.

NG Pats Fan, I'm sure you know of Belichick's bad luck in WR's when it comes to the draft though (outside of Deion Branch & David Givens). Hopefully they hit a home run though this time. My sleeper/binky pick is Aaron Dobson ,tall, fast, explosive WR from Marshall, now where have we heard of a player like that before ? A tall fast explosive WR from Marshall, hmmmm......

The thought of us drafting a Moss clone as a rookie...in his prime....with Tom ******* Brady throwing him the ball...

I'll be in my bunk.

Since the WRs from Cal, West Virginia and at least one of the University of Tenn. will be off the board by #29, BB needs to overdraft WR Swope of Texas A&M in the late second round or early third if he trades back. I know some think he is Bethel Johnson part 2, but I think he has better hands than Johnson ever did.
And this is how you screw up long term team-building. Any time you talk about reaching for a need, just assume it's a terrible idea.

I don't think WV's Steadman Bailey will go till the 2nd round at best. Swope would be a fine 2nd round pick as would Bailey. I think Tenn's Hunter goes early 2nd round, and maybe Da'Rick Rogers will be around for the middle of the 2nd round. Lots of good receivers to be had, very deep draft for receivers.

I think we still need 2 outside WRs. I see lloyd being back and being our #2 and us drafting another WR. Edleman i see back as well...we will be fine at WR..although most of our guys are midgets..but that's why we have gronk and hernandez to eat up linbackers and DBs in the middle of the field.

Patriots trade #29 & '14 4th round to Redskins for #51 & #85

#51- Quinton Patton
#59- Markus Wheaton
#85- Aaron Dobson
#91- Ryan Swope

Send all four out to California with Amendola & Jones to work out with Brady and Hernandez.
-
2010- Tight Ends
2011- Running Backs
2012- Defense
?2013- Wide Recievers?

I think we still need something like 36 players to get to 90 for camp.. Maybe the outside WR will be one of the 36?

I think we still need something like 36 players to get to 90 for camp.. Maybe the outside WR will be one of the 36?

The have 65 guys under contract, so they have 25 spots to fill - most of which will be guys with no shot at making the roster. Probably only 7-8 of them will have a good chance of making the final 53. Hopefully a WR or 3 are amongst that group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes