PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We should make a run at Briggs [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Briggs

we need to sign him. Dolphins are gunna sign Pace and Briggs is better than Pace anyway. Get Moss done and then real in Briggzy.

Listen, I know you're a whack job, but would you get real? Briggs has said in no uncertain terms that he does NOT N O T NOT want to play in a 3-4 defense. And he said it THIS YEAR as well as LAST YEAR. What is so hard for you to understand?

Re: We should make a run at Briggs

they better sign somebody all of our playmakers are leaveing, Samuel, Moss, Stallworth, Gaffney, Gay

They are? That's funny because Samuel is the only one of those 5 who has signed a contract. Also, Gay was HARDLY a play-maker.

The only one of that group that needs to be re-signed is MOSS.

Thats because they have Urlacher. Briggs is a really good linebacker and he is big enough to play in our system imo, hes not the size of a Vilma. Hes about the same size as Bruschi, not to mention 10 times better.

Your OPINION is nothing but garbage and isn't based in REALITY. Briggs doesn't want to play in the 3-4.

Your OPINION is nothing but garbage and isn't based in REALITY. Briggs doesn't want to play in the 3-4.

you're a neanderthal he said that to a casual reporter at the superbowl, it means nothing.

if Thomas could play inside in the 3-4 then Briggs certainly could.

Step 1: Say out loud "Briggs does NOT want to play in the 304.
Step 2: Repeat step 1 until you can say it in your sleep.

you're a neanderthal he said that to a casual reporter at the superbowl, it means nothing.

No SFBs. Its what he's said 2 years ago at the SB. At the Pro Bowl. THIS YEAR at least twice during the season.

Step 1: Say out loud "Briggs does NOT want to play in the 304.
Step 2: Repeat step 1 until you can say it in your sleep.

Colvin isnt getting cut huh? lol

No SFBs. Its what he's said 2 years ago at the SB. At the Pro Bowl. THIS YEAR at least twice during the season.

link? thanks.

link? thanks.

Go find them yourself. Or are you too stupid to figure out how to use google?

As for Colvin, and you've never been wrong Briz? Yeah,. That's what I thought. God forbid you stfu and just deal with reality for a change instead of spewing your idiocy.

Go find them yourself. Or are you too stupid to figure out how to use google?

As for Colvin, and you've never been wrong Briz? Yeah,. That's what I thought. God forbid you stfu and just deal with reality for a change instead of spewing your idiocy.

I know what has been said i seen the links and they mean nothing. Briggs prefers to play in a 4-3 he never said he WILL NOT play in a 3-4. He played in a 3-4 in college for crying out loud. I dont care what he wants you do what your told and shut up. He was close to being on a 34 team in San Fran. He will play wherever if he gets his money. If you think Briggs couldnt play in our D and wouldnt be an upgrade you are a neanderthal.

I dont care what anybody else says, I do not believe we are re-signing Moss. I had a real bad taste in my mouth about him after his post-Super Bowl comments. Add that to the fact that we still have not re-signed him and that we did not franchise him, I think the FO is lowballing him.

So that said, I hope we try to stack the D this year because there is no other impact offensive FA out thre. I say we take a shot and use the some of the money to get Briggs and solidify that LB core.

Why? Because he said something to the extent of the Giants having a better gameplan than us? They did and it showed. Honestly, i get sick of people on this board who can't stand the slightest bit of criticism when it comes to BB or the front office. It's really disheartening as a Patriot fan time and time again to see big impact players let go (Milloy, Law, Colvin, Grahm, to a lesser extent Samuel). The loss of Moss and/or Gaffney would just be icing on a craptastic cake that was Sub-Par Bowl 42 :bricks:...I'm not trying to whine or predict doomsday here but it's just frustrating i still have faith in the FO and am holding out hope that this will be a productive offseason.

oh and BTW Briggs left Tampa Bay without a contract and didnt like Denver, and now hes headed to Cleveland, who is a 3-4 team doofus.

Last edited:
oh and BTW Briggs left Tampa Bay without a contract and didnt like Denver, and now hes headed to Cleveland, who is a 3-4 team doofus.

Cleveland plays both, briz. But I don't expect you to know that.

And, so what. You ever stop to think its to drum up business? Nah.. Couldn't be that.

I still want to know how you think Briggs could come in and be an ILB in the Pats offense just because he's 6'1 and 240... There's a lot more to it than that.

I, by my own admission, don't know probably half as much as some of you with the intricacies of the players moves and game and such, but is this a thing where he refuses to play 3-4 or just can't? If he refuses to do it then screw him anyway. If he can't/hasn't is it possible he could learn? It's obvious he is a very solid player and very talented.... I'm just askin....

Cleveland plays both, briz. But I don't expect you to know that.

And, so what. You ever stop to think its to drum up business? Nah.. Couldn't be that.

I still want to know how you think Briggs could come in and be an ILB in the Pats offense just because he's 6'1 and 240... There's a lot more to it than that.

Cleveland plays a 3-4 nice try, why would Briggs even visit Cleveland if he dont want to play in a 3-4? Drum up business? LOL

Because his game is a physical game he is very aggressive, he is big and can shed blockers. He doesnt get pushed around, and he is very athletic. Hes not your typical 4-3 linebacker like Vilma. He played in a 3-4 in college too. He not only could play RILB spot (weakside) in our D but he would play it at an elite level. We need someone that is a pure linebacker who can move well enough to make tackles not only inside but towards the sideline as well. Enough of this Adalius Thomas inside, Vrabel inside, Monty Beisel and Chad Brown crap. Its time to get a -real- linebacker and thats what Briggs is. Bruschi and Seau are just too old play at an impact level, if we had Briggs inside and Seau/Bruschi rotating to man the other spot that would be huge improvement imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes