PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We should make a move for Houshmanzadeh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keegs

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
profootballtalk.com

according to them he is fed up with playing for Cinci, but they are not sure for what reasons.

If it is b/c he wants to be a number one and get huge stats then he isn't a good fit, but if he wants to play for a winning team and get away from convicts then he would be a good fit on the pats.

The guy can catch and i would love to see him here. According to the article he hired a new agent and might want to seek a trade.

We can't cover him. Just stop him!

We can't cover him. Just stop him!

It's early for me... i have no idea what this means, sorry.

but i was serious, and im not being a wiseass in this thread or anything fyi

i hate Housh. hes ****y..talks a lot and trash talks a lot. NEXT

i hate Housh. hes ****y..talks a lot and trash talks a lot. NEXT

so what?

we have ****y players on this team that talk trash.

He would be a good fit.
Is there any other reason you don't like him?

he wants more money i read, the extension he signed a couple yrs back turned out to be small money

Houshmanzadeh (sp?) isn't a good fit on the Pats. He's got a big mouth, and not in the Chad Johnson way. His attitude doesn't seem right, and he probably wants to be paid like a #1. He benefits from playing across from Chad Johnson. He's a good receiver, but not worth dropping draft picks and money into him. No thanks.

so what?

we have ****y players on this team that talk trash.

He would be a good fit.
Is there any other reason you don't like him?

i could care less about trash talk but thats on the field. off the field he trashes other teams(steelers), he acts like hes the best and hes more a "me" player. give me someone similar or cheaper price with same or better skill without the Keyshawn/TO "ME" attitude

If we want a cincy WR, why not trade for Chris Henry? He is cheaper, he wouldn't command a high draft pick, and he has a much higher ceiling than Housh does. I think it could be a Dillon kind of thing...hopefully it will get both Henry and the Pats out of their ruts.

If we want a cincy WR, why not trade for Chris Henry? He is cheaper, he wouldn't command a high draft pick, and he has a much higher ceiling than Housh does. I think it could be a Dillon kind of thing...hopefully it will get both Henry and the Pats out of their ruts.

Usually I stay out of it when someone says a player is a disgruntled selfish mess, but with Henry, I'd have to say that I never saw antics such as his in all my years watching college ball. Ripping your helmet off and yelling at a coach? Grabbing a coach and physically threatening him?

No thanks. That guy is way, way way out of control. He'd blow up the first time BB would make a comment.

dillon kind of thing?

-aggravated assault
-conceled weapon
-ejected from a game at Rutgers due to multiple unsportmanlike conduct penalties
-speed and marijuana
-failed breathalyzer
-drunk driving

might face 4 game suspension by league

FORGET IT. forget any Bengal player

Housh is a guy I'd definitely like, but I don't know if he's a number 1. I'd be afraid of Peerless Pricilitis.

It's early for me... i have no idea what this means, sorry.

but i was serious, and im not being a wiseass in this thread or anything fyi

He had a classic interview after we kicked their butts saying we couldn't cover them, that's why we played the coverage we did.

I have no opinion on the guy. He's talented, but doesn't really "get it" yet, like many players on that team.

His interview is an all time classic case of denial though.

http://play.rbn.com/play.asx?url=nf...demand/housh061001.wmv&proto=mms?mswmext=.asx

I think he would thumb his nose at us.

ok i think we are getting a little overboard here with the negative talk about Houshmanzadeh.

I know exactly what you guys are talking about when he was in denial after the pats game. he was very frustrated and sounded very bitter. Kinda like how LT was talking.

He was on the NFL Network again shortly after his comments and basically took them back and was talking and acting fine. We actually discussed it in a thread a while back.

I guess i'm missing the whole part about him being a bad person, bad fit, or being only concerned with money.

Does anyone have any proof of any of that?

p.s. I didn't say Chris Henry, I said T.J. Houshmanzadeh.

They know you didn't say Henry, that was me. It's not like Henry will cost us 2 first round picks or anything. Considering Gabriel cost us a fifth rounder, Henry would be a 4th or 5th. If he does anything stupid, you cut him. It's pretty low risk, and considering his upside, I'd say it would be worth it.

ok i think we are getting a little overboard here with the negative talk about Houshmanzadeh.

I know exactly what you guys are talking about when he was in denial after the pats game. he was very frustrated and sounded very bitter. Kinda like how LT was talking.

He was on the NFL Network again shortly after his comments and basically took them back and was talking and acting fine. We actually discussed it in a thread a while back.

I guess i'm missing the whole part about him being a bad person, bad fit, or being only concerned with money.

Does anyone have any proof of any of that?

p.s. I didn't say Chris Henry, I said T.J. Houshmanzadeh.

i forgot all about our game..im talking about the other 1s

They know you didn't say Henry, that was me. It's not like Henry will cost us 2 first round picks or anything. Considering Gabriel cost us a fifth rounder, Henry would be a 4th or 5th. If he does anything stupid, you cut him. It's pretty low risk, and considering his upside, I'd say it would be worth it.

if that's what it would cost, then it is definitely worth it for Henry

T.J. Houshmandzadeh denied a report on profootballtalk.com that he may be angling for a trade.

NFL Network reported that Housh hired a new agent this week with an eye on a new contract. Profootballtalk.com said he'd like to get out of Cincy, but Housh says that isn't true. Housh is underpaid, but the Bengals may not be motivated to give him a raise for another season.

http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=5901

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back