PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We should have finished 13-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALP

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
We should have beat the colts, and the jets

the gaffney drop, and the 3rd and 15 will be eched into my mind for a long while...

i believe we could have taken anyone in the playoffs...

i am dissapointed we didnt make it...we lost to the colts b/c when we played them, they were 3-4, and we didnt consider it an important game, having thought the colts werent a large possibility of makign the playoffs....

i will never again count a team out b4 week 14...ever

the loss to the jets shows that this was a rebuilding year, rookies all over the place, and it was also an injury year (we paid for this yr the injuries we didnt have last yr)

im gonna be one of the ones screaming for 19-0 next season...i cant wait to see this defense next yr, the offense will prob not change too much (and it doesnt have to)

also waiting to see Brady in a pats uni again...really anxious

sports is all abt missed opportunties and great plays. Yes those plays you mentioned couldve changed the outcome but thats assuming everything else stayed the the same. We couldve scored the TD against colts but there is no gurantee that they wouldve scored say a 75 yard TD pass to wayne for e.g .So it hurts because we assume everything else stayed the same but thinks couldve turned out different or even worse. The seattle game was hard one .We couldve lost that one the way we played..STL game at home was close. Other teams made mistakes and dropped balls too to help us win sometimes.
Happens

...would've, could've, should've - the Pats were 11-5.

Everytime the Colts faced a must score drive in the 4th this season they scored. A Gaffney TD was no guaranteed win.

I hate to say it, woulda, coulda, shoulda only go so far.

11-5 is an excellent record. I am very proud of our never say die team.

Unfortunately for many other fans of NFL teams, they can't say the same.

I love how the Pats "should" have won the close ones they lost and also should have won the close wons they won. Considering the Seattle game, Pats easily could have been 10-6. You are what your record says you are, somebody once said....

All useless arguments. For every we-should-have-beat-Indy-or-the-Jets, you will hear a shudda-beat-the-Pats coming out of Seattle or St. Louis. It is what it is.

should have would have could have

but they didnt

We should have finished 11-5... wait, we did it. As people said, we lost one or two games we could won, but also won a couple we could lost... every team has their share of could-should-have...

11-5 is an excellent record. In fact, only FIVE teams in the entire NFL have a better record than us.

We should have beat the colts, and the jets

the gaffney drop, and the 3rd and 15 will be eched into my mind for a long while...

i believe we could have taken anyone in the playoffs...

i am dissapointed we didnt make it...we lost to the colts b/c when we played them, they were 3-4, and we didnt consider it an important game, having thought the colts werent a large possibility of makign the playoffs....

i will never again count a team out b4 week 14...ever

the loss to the jets shows that this was a rebuilding year, rookies all over the place, and it was also an injury year (we paid for this yr the injuries we didnt have last yr)

im gonna be one of the ones screaming for 19-0 next season...i cant wait to see this defense next yr, the offense will prob not change too much (and it doesnt have to)

also waiting to see Brady in a pats uni again...really anxious

I agree with your points about the Playoffs. Put it this way: does anyone who knows anything about how the Pats have finished the season and about how the Pats play in January think that the Ravens would rather be coming to Foxboro than going to Miami next week? I don't think so.

As for the rest, it's just shoulda/woulda/coulda stuff. We played four of the six AFC Playoff teams. We lost to all of them. End of story. No one player or play cost us the playoffs; five losses instead of four losses cost us the playoffs.

As for 19--0, I really don't care and actually hope we don't get into that madness again. Make the Playoffs. Get a Bye if we can. Take care of business in January.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes