PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We should face the truth here: Revis is by far the best in the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: We should face the truth here. Revis is by far the best in the game.

Last time I checked Moss caught a TD with 1-1 coverage against Revis last time they played, that isn't shutting down.

It was sarcasm.

Sheesh.

Revis is by far the best in the game so that warrants him another thread too? :)

Last edited:

If he is the best in the world, and like you guys say, better than Deion Sanders(oh god), I'd like to see him shutting down Wes Welker, that would be a funny thing to watch, seeing Revis lost in his own island.

But now, serious, 20 million per year, is ridiculous, when Asomugha gets 15 million per year. He should get like 50 million a year!! And the Jets would be lucky getting out of it, he is worth all the Patriots roster, I would trade Brady, Welker, Edelamn, Wilfork, Mayo and Meriweather, just to see Revis playing on my team, he is a game changer. The NFL today is based on only one reciever, if he shuts him down, you have no passing game at all, when teams face the Jets, QB are lucky to get out of it with plus 40 yards passing.

Last edited:
Last time I checked Moss caught a TD with 1-1 coverage against Revis last time they played, that isn't shutting down.

Revis would have had to suddenly adopted the speed of The Flash in order to stop that touchdown.

I caught it too. Even so, was it worthy of another thread?

Probably not. But what the hell, right? It's the offseason.

It was also a pretty stupid pass that could've been a TD the other way.

He shut down Moss and every other premier WR in the league. Without him, the Jets sack and pressure stats are cut in half.

He deserves AT LEAST $20M a year, for 8 years, with all of the money guaranteed, and at least half as a signing bonus.

We should man up and get on this bandwagon. Write to the NY papers, on the web sites, get on WFAN, show up everywhere we can. We can demonstrate to NYJ fans that we are fair and balanced.

And while doing so, we should point out that he is by far the best player on their team, and that he makes the rest of the DB's look good. In fact, we should call for them to be interviewed on this matter so they can acknowledge it publicly.

You should have taken the rookie posting program here ... seriously wtf dude.:confused:

The Jets should definitely show him the money. Isn't that what an uncapped season is all about?

"Quote from the Mankins School of Economics"

Last edited:
the jets should pay him what he asks for, he's worth every single penny of it....

I sacrifice a goat and a chicken to Pagan Gods every night to keep Darelle Revis happy. He needs more respect.

Last edited:

"Best in the game by far".

Sorry, who won DPOY?

I do think he had the best year by the way, but best in the game by far?! I'd say Asomugha held that title and will do until he's no longer performing and Revis puts in more than one good year.

Woodsen winning DPOY shows exactly what is wrong with the voting system, too many guys just looked at the stats and went "WOW, Woodsen forces those fumbles!!!" without realizing that Woodsen at times was beaten like a drum just like the rest of that awful green bay defense.

Revis shut down every great player he faced, (other than Reggie Wayne), Woodsen and green bay bullied crappy offenses, and got torched by the good ones.

*WHOOSH*

Wow, people, sarcasm isn't that hard to detect.

revis is good....he is top 3 cb in the league....

but he is not as good as some ppl make him out to be....

randy moss is slow and not that good, andre johnson and reggie wayne and larry fitz are good....

and he was able to shut down andre cuz his QB wasnt playing well, and he DID NOT shut down reggie

Reggie Wayne had 3 catches for 55 yards and no TDs in the Colts game. Are you implying that this is a good game for Wayne?

Stuff me. Any chance of talking about the Patriots and not the frigging Jets in a Patriots forum?

Revis is an awesome player. Jets fans... stop being a bunch of whiny *****es with inferiority complexes about what Patriots peoples assessments of Jets players are, especially Revis.

Last edited:
Several other Jets players are grossly underpaid, as well

These players would have every right to boycott training camp if they don't get renegotiated:

Shonn Greene, All Pro RB: $628,000

David Harris, All Pro LB: $900,000

James Ihedigbo, S, possible starter in the best defense in football: 1,100,000

Eric Smith, S, possible starter in the best defense in football: 1,200,000

Dustin Keller, starting TE: 1,500,000 (he'd need a 33% raise just to get to the NFL average)

Re: Several other Jets players are grossly underpaid, as well

These players would have every right to boycott training camp if they don't get renegotiated:

Dustin Keller, starting TE: 1,500,000 (he'd need a 33% raise just to get to the NFL average)

When did Shon Greene and David Harris become AllPros?

I agree, and why in the world isn't Shanchize the QB getting more money, when he clearly is the best in the NFL, and he is just 23 or whatever his age is. And Braylon Edwards is so UNDERATED, his contract is so small, he is clearly the best reciever in the NFL. Revis is so good because he is used to practice with him, I've seen them practice, Revis gets beaten 9 times outta 9 against Braylon, of course when Revis gets on the field, the so called "elite" recievers, are just piece of cake to cover.

Last edited:

They didn't. :rolleyes:

Right over the head.

what went over AJ's head? that was the POINT he was making..they DIDN'T make all pro

you're pretty mixed up in the head...maybe you need a real exorcism because it would seem YOU are possessed by a moron.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes