PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We should bring Chad Jackson back

Status
Not open for further replies.

BRiZ

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
i mean seriously, nobody has signed him yet, hes got some more tryouts but we could bring him back easily and give him the opportunity to play. What has Gaffney done so far? Uh nada.

i mean seriously, nobody has signed him yet, hes got some more tryouts but we could bring him back easily and give him the opportunity to play. What has Gaffney done so far? Uh nada.

Jackson is a bust...unless he will play for free, I dont see the need.

There is a reason nobody has signed him. In fact it's the same reason we cut him.

HE SUCKS.

No thanks. I think it's safe to say, the C-Jack era is over at this point. :rolleyes:

Who would you cut to give that bum, bust, b---- a roster spot?

No..... they should have kept him before, IMO. However, now that they've cut him loose, there's no reason to bring him back. If they want to bring back a former player, there are better options available.

Having honored followed his frequent statements that the best players stay, I could see Belichick giving CJax a second chance.

Bill might invite him to join the PS, and an invitation to next year's training camp.

Sometimes when you want deal with a Mule, you have to first hit him in the head with a 2x4, to simply get his attention.

Having honored followed his frequent statements that the best players stay, I could see Belichick giving CJax a second chance.

Bill might invite him to join the PS, and an invitation to next year's training camp.

Sometimes when you want deal with a Mule, you have to first hit him in the head with a 2x4, to simply get his attention.

man, I am not sure that you and I learned English from the same grammar book, but this aside, I did enjoy the "mule" comment :D

ur 2nd commetn is very interesting...

i also noticed gaffney become invisible...do we not play with 3 wr's anymore?

ur 2nd commetn is very interesting...

i also noticed gaffney become invisible...do we not play with 3 wr's anymore?

He played last week and he was out today with an injury.

Gaffney has been hurt.

Last edited:

ugh...

He has not signed anywhere. What does that tell you. And Gaffney has done more this year than CJck has done in his three year career (not a whole heck of alot).

He played last week and he was out today with an injury.

Gaffney played today. He had some decent blocks.

ummm, Bill cut him, and kept CJ jones. Jones is now on the ps. Bill obviously like jones more than cjack.....hmmm, what does that tell you? Besides, we have Ventrone :D

Jones is now on the ps.
Do you have a link for that?? Jones on the PSquad I haven't seen that and considering he was cut late Saturday, the earliest he could re-sign is 24 hours later...or late last night...
I agree..at this point Chad is not on the radar...seriously..he was a BIF college player..bur?? There are a many many players that were great in college but can't make it in the pros.. Give it a rest...please...
And please don't compare Xhad with what Gaffney has done in his career..Jaclson can't even get on a pro team..Gaffney has played 6 years and is in his 7th year..He's a proven pro..Jackson can't even get to a roster spot..what does that say??And you'd take him over a peoven player?? My guess is that yout somehow stuck in the past with Chad..he's your guy....Get over it..he MAY be invited to camp next year..but that's it...Hey you know there is Arena Football in a few months...

Last edited:
Do you have a link for that?? Jones on the PSquad I haven't seen that and considering he was cut late Saturday, the earliest he could re-sign is 24 hours later...or late last night...

My mistake. Someone had mentioned to me sat night that Jones was signed to the ps. He was obviously wrong. I just checked Reiss, and the website, and found nothing on who has been signed to take Matts spot on the Ps. It appears to be open. Sure isnt CJ.

If Reche Caldwell was brought in for a workout this past friday (I read that here on the site yesterday), I wouldn't close the door for Jackson coming back. A injury to someone would have to happen.

If Reche Caldwell was brought in for a workout this past friday (I read that here on the site yesterday), I wouldn't close the door for Jackson coming back. A injury to someone would have to happen.

I may get banned for saying this :D , but i'd rather have an experienced Caldwell, over cjack, who has yet to really do anything. I seem to remember alot of love for Caldwell, prior to the colts afccg. Then, we all wanted him gone. :rolleyes: I'd take him back. I thought that year he did pretty good, not great, but good.

If Jackson's issue was his work ethic he is gone for good. The Patriots would be more likely to try and get Doug Gabriel (who also appeared to suffer from that issue), who actually caught a few passes. And, yes, that is sarcasm.

I would take Caldwell back over Jackson in a New York minute. He did drop the pass in Indy, but the week prior he caught the pass against San Diego that allowed the Pats to play Indy and was a reliable receiver during the season. And as Caldwell's visit may be just an emergency roster update as Gaffney (who earned his spot by performing the end of 1006 and 2007) is banged up, it may mean nothing.

As for Jackson, he played in 14 games and has 3 TDs, 13 receptions (average: less than 1 reception per game, somebody else can find who many series he was in as a receiving option for those receptions with his splendid ability to get open). My opinion of him was set when he dropped a pass in stride from Brady his rookie season and seemed to point to everyone but himself explaining the drop. If that was not media nerves and is still his mentality, regardless of his potential, he has no place on the Patriots and hopefully has HD or plasma in his living room to watch the games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes