Welcome to PatsFans.com

We "Should" assume all terrorist attacks are al qaeda attacks...

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PatriotsReign, Dec 27, 2009.

1. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +305 / 3 / -13

Why not?

We know for a FACT that al qaeda is our enemy and we know for a FACT they are a Muslim extremist group.

So, if there is an attack by any muslim with intent to kill people, we certainly should assume they are tied to al qaeda without any proof at all.

Give me a reason why we shouldn't.

Whether the recent jetliner attack was linked to al qaeda or not, we should assume it was. Even if it proves to be wrong, what harm is done to anyone?

Either way, this guy should be executed just as the ft hood bomber should(better) be. Do either one of these men deserve a trial? No, I don't think so. For what purpose? We know they are guilty and they have admitted said guilt.

Please do not use the word sympathy or compassion in any of your replies. Don't embaress yourselves.
  2. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +476 / 9 / -3

#24 Jersey

You're so right, PR, embaressing yourself is a terrible thing to do.
  3. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +390 / 6 / -9

First of all, sympathy and compassion. This has nothing to do with the remainder of your idiotic post -- not that you are personally an idiot, but this is an idiotic post. It has to do with the fact that if I am to be thought to be " embaressed" by the logical standards of this post, I shall wear it as a badge of honor.

Now then, as to the idiocy of your argument:

We should not assume it without proof, because that is wrong. Not unjust, not "mean" to Al Q, but wrong.

Pragmatically, it is stupid to "assume" you have been bitten by a cobra, when in fact you have been mauled by a tiger, or vice versa. The treatments may be radically different. Preventing further tiger attacks may be different from preventing further cobra attacks. You may go around assuming you are overrun with cobras when in fact you are in a tiger-infested area. Some damn snake charming song may be proven to soothe cobras and annoy tigers. You get the idea.

Beyond that, intellectual laziness is already a far too prevalent habit of mind among us whether evaluating potential threats or unit-pricing at the grocery store. Wake the frak up an use your damn brain. Lazy isn't good. It's stupid.

Thanks,

PFnV
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2009
  4. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +476 / 9 / -3

#24 Jersey

True or False? All fruppots are green. Some green things are evil. Therefore all fruppots are evil.

Remember those, PR? How did you answer them on your intelligence tests? If your reasoning here is any indication, you answered them wrongly.

I presume that you were in favor of the Japanese Interrment Camps during WWII, yes? And that you agree that all former alcoholics, regardless of their length of sobriety, should never be given a driver's license simply because the rate of relapse is high. I also assume that you are eagerly awaiting the passing of the anti-homosexual laws in Uganda since some people with AIDS are homosexuals and better safe than sorry.

I just did.

See above. Plus, it's a slippery slope. Soon after linking all terrorist attacks to Al Qaeda we can very easily find ourselves deciding to take it that one step "safer" and assume that all Muslims are Al Qaeda and therefore should be imprisoned instantly - just in case.

Let's just throw out The Constitution while we're at it, shall we? There are no human rights, the 5th, 6th and 14th amendments mean nothing. The Geneva Convention? Screw it. No one deserves a trial - no one is presumed innocent until proven guilty - there are no extenuating circumstances - there is no mental illness. Let's bring back Witch Hunts and mass executions while we're at it. Kill 'em all, let God sort 'em out. Good God, where's J. Edgar when you need him?

Already addressed.
  5. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +241 / 8 / -26

Were Eric Rudolph, Terry Nichols, Tim McVeigh, James Copp, Scott Roeder al qaeda???????::confused::confused::confused:
  6. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +476 / 9 / -3

#24 Jersey

PR seems to be primarily concerned with Muslims and terrorism is a secondary concern - not that he racially stereotypes or anything.

7. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +305 / 3 / -13

The mind is a terrible thing to waste...or is the mind a terrible thing?;)

So, if a terrorist is muslim, in whose behalf should we assume he is acting? I mean, honestly, how many options are there?
  8. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +305 / 3 / -13

Of all the acts that have been suspected to have extremist muslim/al qaeda ties, I can't recall any that proved to be otherwise. Can any of you?

I purposefully made my opening statements as any muslim extremist would regarding "the infidels" to illustrate to all that is exactly how they think. Not that we are as barbarian as they are...but I wanted to show how they stereotype...how they show no mercy...and how they decide who is guilty or not without a trial.

Yes, my post was in fact idiotic and it lacked any logical & reasonable thought....just as al qaeda and extremist islamic thinking does.

The muslim faith and it's people aren't the enemy, but I pray that we never, ever consider calling terrorist acts, "Human catastrohes"....that in itself is as idiotic as my original post.

Thank you PFiVA for doing your very best NOT to call me an idiot! ;)
  9. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +390 / 6 / -9

I clearly remember in the OK City bombing they were initially looking for a middle eastern terrorist, before turning up McVeigh and Nichols.

Oh bravo. Best to become the enemy then.

The pleasure's mine. I'm glad to see you were merely wasting all of our time.

PFnV
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2009
  10. Nikolai

Nikolai Football Atheist PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +506 / 1 / -1

#54 Jersey

Just to put the matter to rest for those who are confused ;)

Hezbollah has demonstrated the will and ability to attack American targets and Jewish targets in Lebanon, Argentina, Israel, Azerbaijan and throughout Europe. They employ car bombs, suicide bombs (though to a lesser extent now), hijackings, shootings, kidnappings and other assorted behavior. Mugniyeh's assassinatino in Feb 2008 might inhibit Hezbollah's ability to plan such attacks, but it hasn't dulled their ambition.

Bahraini Hezbollah is a Shia organization at odds with Sunni Salafism of Al Qaeda who poses a potential threat to American military and civilian personnel in Bahrain in the case of an attack on Iran.

Hezb-i-Islami, a major inciter in Afghanistan, and Al Qaeda are rivals.

The Iranian Qods Force has terror capabilities and are enemies of Al Qaeda.

Abu Sayyaf, Jemaat Islamiyya, Jaish-e-Mohammed, and other groups have tenuous relations to Bin Laden at best (usually because a handful of members trained in Afghanistan during the 1990s). Al Qaeda trained =/= Al Qaeda asset.
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2009
  11. Patjew

Patjew PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +86 / 2 / -1

No Jersey Selected

How about because by doing so we may end up overlooking other budding (or mature) terrorist groups, or just nasty individuals?

(What the heck am I doing here?)
  12. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +58 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

Why should we assume all terrorist are AQ? Its Cache to claim that you are and no one can prove other wise.
  13. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Good question (the last one, that is). Why subject yourself if you don't have to.

And I agree with your first point. I think we should be paying more attention to hard-core Zionist groups like the People's Front of Judea (PFJ) and the Judean People's Front (JPF). Now there's a rotten lot!
  14. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +489 / 2 / -9

The "Love Affair" that American Liberals have with Islam continues..........

Timothy McVeigh, thats all they've got..............:singing:
  15. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +390 / 6 / -9

McVeigh, Nichols, Rudolph, Holocaust Museum shooter, recent lynching with "Fed" scrawled on victim's chest (I know, I know, he did it to himself prior to committing suicide,) clinic bombings, doctor shootings, yadda yadda yadda.

Not a Muslim in the bunch.

Have another drink Harry.

PFnV
  16. Nikolai

Nikolai Football Atheist PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +506 / 1 / -1

#54 Jersey

I ask myself the same question sometimes.
  17. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +776 / 5 / -15

#87 Jersey

This is what happens when you hang out in the boring country of China.
  18. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Holy crap, I think I agree with the couple from VA........ It must be a mistake, let me go back and read everything again. :D

While I think you can certainly put AQ high on any list of suspects in any terror attack, you can never just assume they committed it. Besides, it's easy enough to use the signature elements or other empirical information from any investigation to quickley rule groups out (or in). But proof still requires evidence. That should never go away.

For instance, one of the hallmarks to AQ attacks is sophistication and coordination. So if you have a sophisticated and coordinated attack, then they should be the first people you look at. But in order to conclusively link them to a specific act, you need some positive indicator or evidence.

Welcome to the Dark Side :D
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2009
  19. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +489 / 2 / -9

20. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +305 / 3 / -13

I think we can all agree that if it has the stink of a terrorist attack, then it's prolly a terrorist attack, so why not ASSUME it's a terrorist attack.

let's use the Ft Hood example. What was with the political correctness? I could smell terrorism all the way from Massachusetts. Yet we have our television stations interviewing the guys neighbors who all say, "Gee, he SEEMED like a nice guy":rolleyes: