PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We set up the Colts' D really well....

Status
Not open for further replies.

richpats

Banned
Reaction score
A piss-poor Colts run D thinks we've rediscovered the passing game and will shy away from the run.......WRONG!!!! Maroney and Dillon are going to have HUGE games Sunday night!

Yeah! How do you prepare for the Pat's offense now? I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of 3 TE sets and running it 50 times against Indy.

Indy will be the third Tampa-2 zone defense the Pats have faced in a row.

richpats said:
A piss-poor Colts run D thinks we've rediscovered the passing game and will shy away from the run.......WRONG!!!! Maroney and Dillon are going to have HUGE games Sunday night!

Potentially beating the Colts will definitely be because of Maroney and Dillon in part (or at least big games by one of them). Keeping the Colts out of the end zone, at times, is another big part. The biggest parts of us potentially winning will be moving the chains and finishing up with TD's more often than not PLUS getting some pressure on Manning.

Could not agree more. You beat me to the punch. Running game will be featured next week. Neal, Dillon & LoMo basically had this game off.

Look out. Here they come.

Theres a couple things that would scare the crap out me if I were the Colts:

1) They didnt even hide the fact that they were going to pass the whole game. The Vikings knew the pass was coming and were completely powerless to stop it.

2) The Vikings have a better defense than the Colts do.

g-fresh said:
Theres a couple things that would scare the crap out me if I were the Colts:

1) They didnt even hide the fact that they were going to pass the whole game. The Vikings knew the pass was coming and were completely powerless to stop it.

2) The Vikings have a better defense than the Colts do.

Anyone know what the status of Bob Sanders is next week? Mike Doss is out for the year. The Colts are seriously thin at Safety.

The most important thing next week will be the defense. To stop Manning, you have to hit him. A lot. Denver did not put any pressure on Manning and they got beat. If we can do that and hit those girly receivers, it will be a fun night.

kurtinelson said:
Anyone know what the status of Bob Sanders is next week? Mike Doss is out for the year. The Colts are seriously thin at Safety.

I don't think Sanders knows. According to the latest on Indy Star he only practiced one day last week, his first practice since surgery. So even if he plays this week he will likely be limited.

Colts fans were already concerned about the run. But I think they assumed Peyton could cover that through the air after Sunday's tilt with Denver. Now after watching MNF they are beyond concerned. :D

the colts will spend the next 6 days doing running drills, will have 8 in the box and ofcourse the pats will come out with the no huddle 5 WR's lol.

as evidenced by the pats game against denver and then cincy , one game doest mean much to the other . same with the colts against tennese and then denver..that being said , will be interesting to see our defense, we have given up yards but not poiints but the colts lead the league in 3rd down conversions etc so i think the usual important stat of turnover /fumble will define the game in IMHO

Their guess is as good as ours. In past years we expected the Patriots to run and keep Manning off the field but have come out throwing against the Colts. After last night we could surely do that again. But with Dillon and Maroney now, and the Colts' run defense worse than ever - who knows.

Hey Tony, what do you want to do ? We can go either way so just let us know.

Slightly OT but did you catch the dig at Peyton last night.
"Brady is not as commercialized as some QBs because any time spent out doing commercials takes away from studying football and film"

Not even a thinly veiled slap at Peyton........or just a obvious statement of the contrast between the two....
Just my $0.02,

hwc said:
Indy will be the third Tampa-2 zone defense the Pats have faced in a row.

And we thrashed both - in completely different ways.

Oops --- did you hear that ? That was the sound of Dungy ripping up his gameplan.

R

Last edited:
Bill B. said:
Yeah! How do you prepare for the Pat's offense now? I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of 3 TE sets and running it 50 times against Indy.

I think the big thing the did was set the stage for a take what you give mentality. The best Pats offense of the Brady era was in 2004 when they had a great balance between pass and run. Dillion went bonkers that year with over 1600 yards and this year the running game looks better than that... the balance makes the Pats a scary team.

My opinion to win, the Pats are going to have to stop the Colts 2-3 times per half. This Sunday is going to be awesome...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes