PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We REALLY need to keep STALLWORTH

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope they can somehow keep him. He is great to have as basically a secret weapon. Everyone keys on Moss and Welker and then bam you have a stud like Stallworth making great plays.

Funny, I thought he played fantastic in limited plays and also thought, how can we afford a guy this talented that only gets two looks in a game where we hardly throw to Moss.

Of course we sign him if the price is right, but Gaff or some other options might have to do.

If you were Stallworth, do you sign for less money to get two or three looks a game?
Yeah I understand that, and I know that kind of decision making as well as financial stuff will go into it, but I was just so impressed with him when he was involved tonight. It sucks realizing that we may be too overloaded with talent for a guy with his ability to even "want" to stay if he's not going to A.) be more involved, paid more (as he would) with increased involvement.

So it'll be a bitter sweet thing if Donte ends up going, I would understand and wish him the best.

Last edited:
Known it all year, but after his performance tonight it cements it into my head, yes we need to do our best to maintain Moss too, but we need a guy like Stallworth. His 53yd clutch catch tonight, extending his body for the first down with 2 mins in the game, he's so athletic and talented that we'd seriously be making a mistake letting him walk. What do you think? maybe im just stoked on the game and all, but man he came through for us guys.

Hey, if yall (yea I know, I'm from the south, so sue me) don't want him, send him down here. We'd be happy to take him off of you!

I LOVE STALLWORTH for what he did this year - and the attitude with which he did it - and was so happy for his performance and opportunities. He deserved them and earned his moment(s) in the sun. That said...

THERE IS NO WAY WE ARE KEEPING STALLWORTH. Sorry.

I'd love to see Donte on this team, he's fantastic after the catch and really seems to fit in the lockerroom well.

It's just not going to make sense with our upcoming cap constraints. There are a number of solid roleplayers who are going to be FAs in addition to Colvin, Asante and Moss who I think are more important to try and fit under the cap than Donte.

Stallworth is dispensable. Moss and Welker are not Jokerimbecile.

Last edited:
dispensable,Moronvara

he made an incredible reception; i am very happy for him

well done !

would love to keep him but assuming we resign moss, it would be too much cap room invested in 1 position.

he is a luxury, not a need imo

Donte seems to enjoy playing here. Hopefully, he will be willing to re-work that contract.

Because he was looking at the Jumbotron!

I thought you were kidding and trying to be funny but I just read Christopher Price's Q & A from Stallworth and here it is...

Did you look up at the Jumbotron?
Yeah, I just wanted to get a feel for where he was, and I didn’t press my turbo button. I was too worried about where he was instead of just running. I’ve already got about 15 texts from guys back home. Guys in the locker room have been killing me, so it hurts. But we got the win, so it’s all good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back