PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We really did a number on Denver's fanbase

I think the defense did enough in all of those games for the Pats to win. The O didn't show up and choked at all the wrong times. Pats didn't score in the second half in the last AFCCG. They barely scored in SB42 until the end and choked when trying to ice the last SB they were in.

Giving up an 88 yard drive in two minutes to close out the game is great defensive performance.

I think the defense did enough in all of those games, even though 2 last minute game winning drives, for the Pats to win. The O didn't show up and choked at all the wrong times. Pats didn't score in the second half in the last AFCCG. They barely scored in SB42 until the end and welker choked when trying to ice the last SB they were in.

Fixed :D

The offense did enough both games IMO, the 2 last minute game winning drives are what killed us IMO.

In some ways I do agree with patjew. The defense actually did a "good enough" job having only given up 17 and 19 points in the last 2 SB losses. Holding Victor Cruz to a 4 catch performance for 24 yds is certainly "good enough" in most cases.

The only problem with this thinking is that our defense, after doing a pretty damn good job throughout the first 57-58 minutes of both games, broke like a china doll at the most inopportune time of BOTH enormous games, which has become somewhat of a staple for us on the big stage.

The likely best answer was that both sides of the ball did "good enough" to at least split the 2 SB's with the NYG, and that we just didn't get any of the kinds of breaks/bounces of the ball that Championship teams almost always need to get. Another thought is that both sides of the ball while doing "good enough," also just came up a play short--and that it's a team game that is difficult to assess which side was worse. They both failed us on some level and they both played well enough to win on some level.

Now I will go and puke...which is typically my normal response when this issue is brought up.

As far as DEN's fanbase, I'm not as certain that "we" did a number on them as much as there's really no one else to actually fear.

Our fanbase fears them the most, while their fanbase fears us the most. It seems like a pretty logical assumption to make in my opinion. Either team has the capacity to knock the other team out of the playoffs, which is often the case when these 2 QB's matchup.

Hopefully, we didn't win the game that didn't matter, and these teams won't even match up again this postseason. Beating them 2/2 times this season and 3 times in a row will be a difficult task for 2 teams who are pretty evenly matched, especially if we need to go to Mile High as seems very likely.

have no fear.
If the Broncos manage to get to the championship game, Peyton will throw the game winning touchdown to a wide open Wes Welker.......

who will then proceed to drop the ball.

BRONCOS LOSE!

I think our defense despite being horrid against the rub is just good enough though...they make the stops when needed...and I feel more confident playing with a top 10 pass defense and #31 run defense than a top run defense and #31 pass defense like we did in 2011

Funny thing boomers "sports minute" this morning was about how the pats have no chance going into Denver because Brady won't perform as well and their d gave up 31 to the Texans :rolleyes: just ignore that they'll be playing man and that it might be cold in Denver

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back