PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We play in China next year???

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaCaCh

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Oh I am sure BB will love this.

The NFL reportedly is ready to expose the hard-hitting game of American football to Chinese fans next year.

League sources confirmed to the Tacoma News Tribune that the Seattle Seahawks will play the New England Patriots next summer in a preseason game.

According to the sources, the NFL is discussing a plan where the Patriots would spend a week in Seattle and then play a preseason game against the Seahawks at Qwest Field. The two teams would then travel to China for public practices and appearances and then play a second preseason game.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2562933

Last edited:
Maybe we need to bring Eugene Chung out of retirement ??

Now THAT"S an expensive road trip. I wonder if one the Boston travel agencys will put together a package deal. If somebody does go they have to take a picture of a sign that says PATSFANS.COM in front of the great wall. LOL

We've been one of the leading franchises pushing for Chinese investment, so it would make sense. Seattle and Boston also have large Chinese populations.

http://chinese.patriots.com

BB: "it is what it is"

What a joke. Imagine the time involved just traveling to China for a meaningless game. This looks to be an exhausting venture for both teams; and for what purpose?

Betcha it's televised only on the NFL Network.

Murphys95 said:
What a joke. Imagine the time involved just traveling to China for a meaningless game. This looks to be an exhausting venture for both teams; and for what purpose?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Yao Ming would be a heckuva red zone threat, don't you think?

I cant see how BB would allow this.Long trips like that can mess up a team early on. Plus who wants to play in front of a bunch of communists.

Ya tack on an extra 6hrs of flight time more than the seahwks for the pats. they should have sent another west coast team but they all stink

before go to China i hope the NFL will come to play in Europe

I don't like this one bit. Next year will be a tough year. Don't we also play 4 road games on the west coast? Plus this bs trip.

That's why wee need to pay Branch for this year and win it now. We ain't making the playoffs in 2007.

italianpatthepatriot said:
before go to China i hope the NFL will come to play in Europe
I´ll second that.

BTW there has been some talk about a regular season game in London like the one Cards and 9érs played last year in Mexico. For 2 east coast teams it wouldn´t be much different from playing in Seattle. Only downside: One team would lose a home game. They probably wouldn´t pick the Patriots to do this since the Pats haven´t had any problems selling all the tickets. Miami maybe. Of course we allready have NFLE and NFL may not want to take away the focus from NFLE.

A Pats game in China would be in the beginning of the preseason just like that Colts-Falcons game last year and shouldn´t be to much of a problem.

NEM said:
Not only will they come and play in Europe, some day they will BUY Europe. :D
Well you....you stupid Americans :D

Patsgirl_DK said:
I´ll second that.

BTW there has been some talk about a regular season game in London like the one Cards and 9érs played last year in Mexico. For 2 east coast teams it wouldn´t be much different from playing in Seattle. Only downside: One team would lose a home game. They probably wouldn´t pick the Patriots to do this since the Pats haven´t had any problems selling all the tickets. Miami maybe. Of course we allready have NFLE and NFL may not want to take away the focus from NFLE.

A Pats game in China would be in the beginning of the preseason just like that Colts-Falcons game last year and shouldn´t be to much of a problem.

this summr we wrote a lot about it and for a period there was also someone that was thinking-hoping about a road game (@) for the Pats.
i.e: NE @ MIA playied in UK (Wembley or another stadium).

anyway the game in Europe was at a certain point quite sure but then the negotiations for the new contract , as you remember surely, arrived at a critic point for a lot of time and Mr Tagliabue had other things in his mind...

let's see if next year one regular season game will be playied in Europe.
personally i should to see it (it doen't matter who will be the 2 teams)

Last edited:
The air pollution in Chinese cities is among the worst in the world - it's not place to play professional football.

lobster said:
The air pollution in Chinese cities is among the worst in the world - it's not place to play professional football.

Soccer is played all over China and people are fine. The pollution is no worse than Mexico City...most developing countries are dealing with this issue, China is no different.

Actually, it's a big score to be one of the teams to play there, for the exposure. Which teams products do you think fans will want in the future? Pats and Seahawks will be high up there. I am sure Kraft pushed hard for this...

BlueHen said:
Soccer is played all over China and people are fine. The pollution is no worse than Mexico City...most developing countries are dealing with this issue, China is no different.

No kidding...We will be there for less than a week, it's not like people are dropping in the streets of Beijing every day lol.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye