Welcome to PatsFans.com

We owe it to Tom

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by patsgo, Feb 20, 2007.

1. patsgo

patsgo Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

its time for everyone to mind their own business when it comes to his personal life, hes given us great thrills of a lifetime and hopefully more , we should be talkin draft and free agency, he doesnt talk about our personal lives and the same should be done for him, if you dont agree i have one thing to say "get your own life"
  2. MrTumnus

MrTumnus Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

For the record... I owe nothing to Tom.

And you know.... perhaps I can agree that we have no right talking about this. Perhaps we should all just sit in our ivory towers and protect our "football gods" regardless of how stupid they are. As long as they make us fans feel like winners on Sunday, right?

The only thing I wish to add to this post is - Fess up and tell the truth: Would you as a Pats fan, or simply a decent human being, owe it to Peyton Manning if this story was about him? What about Michael Vick? Chad Pennington?? Ben Roethlisberger???

I am a Patriots fan of 37 years. I truly don't wish to discuss this topic on a discussion board - YET, at the same time, I'm not going to write and say I'm not outrageously disappointed simply because “my guy won me 3 Super Bowls”.

Tom Brady became a statistic this week, like all the NBA players that get ridiculed at nausea. That said, I honestly, from the bottom of my heart, wish him, his child, and mother-of-his-child all the happiness life can offer, but I don't have to be all enthused, and "only about Sunday's" either.

I'm sorry if this post is out-of-line. I'm also sorry if it is something which should have been left to a different forum.

I just can't accept the fact that we as fans owe Tom Brady a single thing.
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2007
  3. DaBruinz

DaBruinz Pats, B's, Sox PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +364 / 24 / -48

#50 Jersey

What business is it of yours what Tom Brady does in his private life? Why are you disappointed? Because Tom Brady's values aren't the same as yours? Not everyone follows Judeo-Christian values. Are you disappointed because Tom and Bridget broke up just after having consentual intercourse that has produced a baby?

Why did Tom Brady become a statistic? He's not like some of the pro scum bags who refuse to take care of the kids they fathered? From all reports, Brady is looking forward to becoming a father. HINT: That means he's planning on being there and taking his responsibilities seriously.

Honestly, if you are "outrageously disappointed" you are the one with the problem. Because you've cleared judged him without knowing the entire situation. A situation that, well, really isn't any of your damn business.
  4. Va_Pats_Fan

Va_Pats_Fan Rookie

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

Why are you disappointed? TB is just a man, like you and me. Very skilled in a certain area, works hard. But, still, a 20-something man. Did you think he was a monk? Can you honestly tell me that the gal was honest with him?

Think about it, relationship on the rock, the clock getting to 36, her PR person goes to the media...Raises some questions..

If the worse he does is have a child out of wedlock...?

Its called life. Happens to the best of us :)
  5. borg

borg On the Roster

Ratings:
    +261 / 18 / -17

I have a very simple view on this whole celebrity privacy notion. Once an athlete chooses to become an endorser of products, they become fair game for any scrutiny into their lives. They chose to become salesmen, and I will always scrutinize salesmen.
  6. MrTumnus

MrTumnus Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Da, You are 100% correct. It isn't any of my business. The only reason I felt compelled to reply is because of the hipocrisy of the post compared to the many posts I see on this board. (Example: Dallas Clark screams at a high school game = Indianapolis with another 'meltdown').

The thing is... I have been a member of this board for quite a while. I very rarely post - I happen to love this board because I think Ian does a great job and I know that PatsFans will have breaking information quicker than the "official news outlets."

My only reason for replying is because it sickens me to think we give Tom a pass because he's our guy. You can tell me I'm the one with the problem and that's all well and good - believe what you want. All I really wanted to ask was.... would any one of you be as kind to another team's quarterback.

Again.... I ask... is the only reason we "Owe it to Tom" is because he plays for "Our team"?
  7. MrTumnus

MrTumnus Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

No, to be truthful, the worst thing is the knowledge that another child grows up in this world within a broken family. That's my disappointment! It might not mean a lot to you, and you can think everything will be fine and dandy because this baby is being brought up with some pretty serious bank.

But money doesn't solve every problem. Look at any "celebrity" and you should be able to realize that!

So.... there's my disappointment. Do You love your Mom? Do you love your Dad? Isn't it best for any family to be a source of love??

Maybe not.... and therefore, perhaps I am the one with the problem.
  8. Michael

Michael Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

:agree:

_________
  9. Willie55

Willie55 Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

If it was any other QB it wouldn't be such a big deal. The fact it's with a television personality, makes it twice as saucy for the news media.

And if it was any other teams QB I could care less - just like I could really care less about Tom's current situation.
  10. Va_Pats_Fan

Va_Pats_Fan Rookie

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

I am sure you have no problem, we just disagree on a few matters. Your argument equates marriage with love. This is not always the case. I know of lots of moms and dads that are not married (either were, and no longer are, or never were), and do a much better job of raising their children than the more "traditional" situation.

You make the jump that since Tom is not married to her, he can't be an effective parent. I choose not to believe this.
  11. rabthepat

rabthepat Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

You are 100% correct. You are not the one with the problem. I have tried to raise the same issue and received the same kind of negative feedback. "How dare we question our LEADER". These guys would be all over Peyton or Vick if they did what Tom did. It's more important for a child to have a mom and dad then for NFL QBs to win SBs.
  12. Va_Pats_Fan

Va_Pats_Fan Rookie

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

What makes you think he doesn't have a "mom and dad"? Perhaps you should be specific and say what you mean..

"A MARRIED mom and dad". If your going to raise the issue, then raise it, don't skirt it.
  13. Hawg 73

Hawg 73 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I care more about the interception to end the AFCCG than I do about his baby or his relationship to Bridget Moynihan.
  14. patsgo

patsgo Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

if it was vick or peyton i wouldnt care either, its thier life their problem, oh by the way this is 2007 if two peole cant live together than its better off for the children to see them seperately, having 2 parents live togther for the sake of chldren usaully ends up not good for the children
  15. fgssand

fgssand PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -1

#17 Jersey

Me too...and more important, how is all of this going to affect his performance on the field moving forward.

Will this be a distraction the likes of which will mean his focus is in any way diminished??

He should be able to separate his personal life from his work life, but can he.

I am sure the guy has feelings and the beating he is taking throughout the media is really brutal.

Between this "distraction" and the head coaches personal problems, things could go one of two ways:

A) they use all of this to drive themselves even harder toward another championship or..

B) this team self destructs from within...

Good lord, what is next??

It seems ever since winning SB XXXIX - it has been one major distraction , injury, calamity, loss of coordinator(s) etc etc etc after another. When can we all get back to FOOTBALL already.
  16. NoCal Patriot

NoCal Patriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

We owe nothing to Tom.He's a big boy.He put Himself in this mess.That being said,I haven't said a word about this situation. We simply don't know enough details to comment intelligently.
  17. tuckeverlasting

tuckeverlasting Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

No Jersey Selected

maybe she put him in this situation.
  18. NoCal Patriot

NoCal Patriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Going without protection,He put Himself in this situation.
  19. tuckeverlasting

tuckeverlasting Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

No Jersey Selected

trojans aren't very good protection. just ask matt leinhart.
  20. patsgo

patsgo Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

because he throws footballs doent give us the right to get in his personal business, i guess you just dont get it, what about you whats your marital status? how many kids?when did you first have sex? how do you like it?