PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We now have openings at OC and at DC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait O'Brien is gone?!?!:confused::)

I''m not being cute, Obrein is not the OC, and never has been. Obrein has been acting in that capacity, and, as was the case with Josh, Belichick has an oepning and a decision to make regarding the OC position.

Technically correct ... Ben Watson on Sports Final Sunday night confirmed to Steve Burton that O'Brien was the OC.

I thought Brady was the OC.

Brady often has that befuddled look towards sideline waiting for next play to be called... he does not seem to be taking initiatives in which play is called... he is merely executing what bill wants... I wish Brady could be more manning like. That manning guy seems to be able to take advantage any little thing that goes on the field.

I'd be open to giving O'Brien another shot. I think most of us remember the growing pains that McDaniels had on the job his first season. O'Brien went through those as well.

ProFootballWeekly recently reported an interesting response to BB about the amount of "resistance" offered by his coaching staff in the past few years compared to the SB years:

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...-not-receiving-much-coaching-resistance.html

This has been discussed in detail on this board:

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...-not-receiving-much-coaching-resistance.html

I'd really like to see BB bring in an OC and a DC who offer some "resistance" - senior guys who he respects enough and who have enough experience to stand up to him, and bring a different perspective. Dean Pees did not give the impression of offering any "resistance" whatsoever. Dom Capers might have brought that element in 2008, but left for a DC position elsewhere while we retained the passive Pees. I hope we don't make this mistake again and promote someone who is too inexperienced to stand up to BB.

I firmly believe that BB is one of the greatest coaches of all time. But I think that having some independent coordinators who bring a different perspective and who offer some resistance will re-invigorate him and bring some much needed freshness on both sides of the ball.

ProFootballWeekly recently reported an interesting response to BB about the amount of "resistance" offered by his coaching staff in the past few years compared to the SB years:

This has been discussed in detail on this board:

I'd really like to see BB bring in an OC and a DC who offer some "resistance" - senior guys who he respects enough and who have enough experience to stand up to him, and bring a different perspective. Dean Pees did not give the impression of offering any "resistance" whatsoever. Dom Capers might have brought that element in 2008, but left for a DC position elsewhere while we retained the passive Pees. I hope we don't make this mistake again and promote someone who is too inexperienced to stand up to BB.

I firmly believe that BB is one of the greatest coaches of all time. But I think that having some independent coordinators who bring a different perspective and who offer some resistance will re-invigorate him and bring some much needed freshness on both sides of the ball.

From the sounds of it, Patricia is going to be taking the DC job. Hopefully he has the stones to open up his mouth to BB when he feels that BB is making a boneheaded decision.

Raid the Jets DC and the Dolphins OC, just because.

The inbreeding has got to stop. Time to bring in new blood. Patricia is too green... a graduate assistant and no previous football background? Even if he has Einstein's IQ, it can not make up for the complete lack of schooling and seasoning for a DC job. It would be crazy to have this guy for DC.

It's reported Bill has been calling plays in critical situations. Now we know it's not Pees that gave up the 3rd-and-longs; it's bill's own doing. I seriously think Bill should consider completely turning the defense to a new DC; no more yesman or youngones and only have bill exert 100% control... it has not worked so far.. time for a regime change...try true coordinators with real responsibilities and see how that works....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes