Welcome to PatsFans.com

We need to hurry up and surrender........... before we ruin Al Qaeda.

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Patriot_in_NY, Jul 23, 2007.

1. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Seems all is not so rosy for Al Qaeda. Seems that they are beginning to fracture a little from the pressure. Not only at HQ in Afhganistan/Pakistan, but also with AQ in Iraq.

This is a disaster, they promised us the surge was not working.......... We gotta undermine our Military some more before Gen. Petraeus's September report. :rolleyes:

......... Little hope the useless Iraqi government will actually meet any benchmarks, so there still is hope................ :cool:
  2. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

tell us... again... when we draw down from Iraq, what train car will we signing those "surrender" documents in? oh the drama....
  3. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

same "solid" propaganda that we hear from guys like this:

Brooks Admits He Picked Facts ‘Out Of The Air’ To Defend Bush’s Iraq Policy »

Yesterday, Media Matters observed that on this week’s Meet the Press, New York Times columnist David Brooks admitted to using a made-up statistic in order to argue against withdrawal from Iraq.

Specifically, Brooks rehashed the right-wing talking point that withdrawal in Iraq would certainly lead to “genocide,” alleging that 10,000 Iraqis a month would die after redeployment. But Washington Post reporter Bob Woodward quickly forced Brooks’ to admit his statistics were baseless:

BOB WOODWARD: I mean, you cite numbers which you have pulled out of the air of 10,000 dying. I mean, that’s–that–where does that come from? […]

DAVID BROOKS: So I just picked that 10,000 out of the air.​
    Watch it:

As Woodward noted, what happens after the U.S. withdraws is deeply speculative. Time Magazine notes today, “just how many Iraqis would die if the U.S. withdrew is anyone’s guess” and advocates a phased withdrawal as the best option. “Some experts believe Iraqis would, after a brief explosion of violence, regain control of their country.”
  4. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Bush has single handedly rid the world of badness, despite those liberal surrendermonkeys.
  5. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +281 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

It's good news for those of us who actually want good news. At the end of the day (war), whether you're pro war or not, whether you're (R) or (D), we still have a common enemy and news of them having problems should be good news to us all.
  6. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +296 / 4 / -2

What is it that he said that is so damning? To me it looks like two people discussing the problems in deciding a course in IRaq. Ifs, coulds, we don't know, speculative, etc... Also, what is the John's Burns quote? Do people really think it is impossible that our withdrawl would result in mass genocide? It could, doesn't mean that it would. ThinkProgress being a little selective with quotes and context is not surprising.
  7. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +332 / 1 / -9

God Bless America
    We're winning lets surrender
    GET BUSH
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2007
  8. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +296 / 4 / -2

Here, this will give you a complete understanding of what the conversation's context was. It was about having an honest discussion in regard to what the possibilities are with respect to decisions being made, and what might, or might not transpire.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3BIgbEXutrk
  9. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

This is in the context of the Iraq article only:

That’s great news. I’d like to see some verification or something else that might back this up or prove it to be a significant trend. Nothing in this occupation has turned out to be true, though. I’m not saying that what these guys say is untrue, but the real question is how relevant are these stories? And what is the suggestion, here? Is it that we should “stay the course”? Is the Cheney White House going to commit more troops and increase “The Surge”.

Here’s the list of all those reporters. All of them are mid-level U.S. commanders:
    Colonel Ricky Gibbs, commander of the 4th Brigade, 1st Infantry Division
    Lieutenant-Colonel Stephen Michael, who commands a battalion of 700 troops in Doura
    Lieutenant James Danly, 31, who works on military intelligence in Doura
    Lieutenant Scott Flanigan

The article states that the definition of AQ is in question and that these reports are, of course, impossible to verify. I hope for the sake of everyone there that these anecdotes are reflective of a shift that is sustainable. This changes nothing, though. The troops should be removed immediately. Every day we stay is unnecessarily deadly for someone in US uniform. The mission and role of the US military is not nation building or providing security for other sovereign nations who refuse to participate in their own defense. At every imaginable level, Iraqis have run from their responsibility. This is a joke. They don’t want us and we shouldn’t be there. The fact that we’re there already is not a logical justification for remaining there. This open-ended policy implies, at least to me, that the administration intends on an indefinite, even permanent presence, and they always have. WMD,s Saddam, UN resolutions, support of terrorists…it was all a smokescreen.
  10. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

That's kinda the point of the posting, framed in the reverse......... Every day, we are heaped with. DOOM, GLOOM, the surge is failing, Haditha massacre (that case is falling apart), and negative crap about our military and our overall performance on the WOT, and Iraq.

Here's a little positive news, accept it as such. The typical lot imediattly pooh poohed it of course (to be expected). But overall, this is actually some of the best news (militarily) we've had in awhile.

Take it for what it is. Proof that militarily, with the right leadership, is effective............... Washington may suck, and we too often blend the two.

Of course (touching on what whista hit on), it all means little if the Iraqi government does not get off it's A*S and start holding up their end of the bargin.

Is really all you need to say for most of us to stop reading................ It's positivly the worst (biased) source of information out there. Talk about cherry pickers. :rolleyes:
  11. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +281 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

I was kind of excited myself - not surprised at those who aren't. The bottom line is we need to win this somehow - if pulling out and winning a different way works, great; but if continuing the current path works then why are some people still grousing ? :confused:
  12. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

This whole thread is misleading.
    ONE al qaeda guy defected because he was sick of a barbaric act... in no way does this article give any evidence that the tide is turning, or that we are starting to win.

this would be like writing an article saying the US is wavering in Iraq by largely using the example of one US soldier who defected because he was sickened by the raping of an Iraqi girl by US soldiers.
  13. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +281 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

:confused:

"dozens of low-level members of al-Qaeda in Iraq are daring to become informants for the US military in a hostile Baghdad neighbourhood."
  14. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

And I love the way all these Dems have started their "take-over" of the White House, now two years in advance of the '08 elections, beating pathways all over America on their campaign trails. They didn't even bother to go home and change clothes from their '06 anti-Bush "victories" when they already started on the '08 presidential election. Hubris, Inc.

Now, the way things are going, by a year from now, they're all going to praising what a great job Bush did in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Gotta love it.

:singing:

//
  15. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +332 / 1 / -9

Bush has done things that I don't care for (illegal aliens & wanting Arabs to take over our sea ports) but don't ever forget what the late Ann Richards who was a very capable politician herself (Democrat) said about Bush "Don't ever underestimate little George".

The Bush Haters I think have some very disturbing surprises coming up, thats why they want us to surrender as soon as possible, BEFORE WE GET A CHANCE TO WIN.

The democrats biggest nightmare is that we have anything that looks like a Victory while Bush is president, their jealousy and hatred for Bush comes first.
    :bricks:
  16. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Nice example.................... It ells us exactly who you are (not like we did not know). You are a military hater, plain and simple.

Did you not see two seperate CREDIBLE news agencies reporting similar occurances in seperate geographical regions within two aligned, but seperate AQ factions? How is that one guy?

Actually, if you've even bothered to pull your nose out of the lefty smear sites, the evidence has been mounting for about 4-5 weeks now that trouble has been emerging and faults and fractures within AQ were mountinf as pressure has ramped up. There are some internal struggles going on. In fact, I kinda beleive the administration is downplaying them for whatever reason. Some private intelligence communities reported being puzzled by the overaly negative tone of the recent NIE. Based on information they had, while things aren't rosey, they aren't as bad as made out. STRATFOR went on to say that it was written for Pakistan to pressure them into being more aggresive in the tribal regions (which they need to be.

Again, politically there are huge issues still out there, and AQ is far from the only problems we face in Iraq. However, it's probably the only idiological (meaning without possible solution), and on the grond, the overwhelming pressure being brought to bare, coupled with the very real fear many have that we will up and leave overnight (causing devistating bloodletting, has yeilded unexpected results.
  17. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

I tend to agree with some of this. Certainly not all, but there is a strong anti-bush faction that is willing to cut off the nose despite the face here.

........... as an aside, I credit most of the success outlined in the article squarly on the military. NOT on the administration (aside from finally getting a-holes like Rummy, Bremer, Franks and the rest off those booobs out of there....... FINALLY.
  18. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

:rofl:
    You mean these guys?:rofl: [​IMG]

Your partisanship is hilarious! You are aware that there are republicans running for POTUS, right?

FYI:
    Bush has fu-ked this thing up. Even if he was right to go in, he screwed up the post invasion and occupation like no one else could have. FIVE YEARS to get a dump like Iraq under control? WOW! WHat a hero Bush, the AWOL Chickenhawk is. DOn't offer credit to the men on the ground or anything!
  19. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

I agree with this, I would add............. Bare in mind, I'm not stuck on the whole "Bush lied" mantra. I'll leave that to the zelot zombies.

I would totally agree that this has been a historical F-up (post invasion - the invasion was fine). I wouldn't put that all on Bush though. I would put that on Bush's people. The biggest downfall that Bush has is his UNFLAPPABLE loyalty to people, even in the face of straight facts that they are doing a sh!tty job.

Then again, ain't that what leadership is, Inspiring the people that do good work for you and canning the ones that don't. On that front, he gets very low marks.

Rummy - Disaster, Bremer - Disaster, Franks - terrible, Sanchez - UNqualified.

The list goes on.........
  20. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

oh please... it wouldn't matter who reported it... what matters is i provided it, and you'll complain about it... CNN, DailyKos, ThinkProgress, CBS, Truthout... you'd make up some spin that really isn't accurate at all... what's funny is that you're trying to speak for everyone...