PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We need to do something here.....NOW!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, we're going about this all wrong. It'll do no good to plead our case...no one will listen and we'll just sound desperate. People hate success and love to bring it down...that spells disaster for us.

What we can do is embrace our newfound role as villians. I propose a new motto for the fans to sport loud and proud. We can even put it on a T-shirt:

"The 2007 New England Patriots: Still think we're boring, b*tches?"

Seems like you are all pissed off at everyone else, when you should be directing your ire at the guy who put your team into this position--the guy who you yourself admit blatantly broke a league-mandated rule.

In every other NFL city in America what he did is called cheating. Plain and simple. And rightly so. The league said "don't do it," and in his arrogance or hubris he went and purposely broke the rule. The league put the rule in place because the league determined that videotaping an opposing team's sideline would in some way lend a competitive edge. How negligible you think that extra edge is isn't the point, and he wouldn't have so blatantly broke the rule had he not thought that advantage was worth the risk of getting exposed. You want to trot out the juvenile "everybody does it" excuse, fine, but it still doesn't take away from the fact that what he did was against the rules and he's the one that got caught.

So continue to point the finger at all the other fans, coaches, players, etc. of every other NFL team. But know this...one man is responsible for how your team is viewed this week, and will be viewed from here on out and how this current run will be rated historically. One man is responsible for all the grief you are getting from your friends who root for other franchises. And one man is responsible for whatever the punishment will turn out to be (although we all know it will be ridiculously benign compared to the crime of attempting to influence the outcome of a game in a league-deemed illegal manner). Your anger, at least to this fan of an opposing team, is more than a bit misplaced.

Let's Go Buffalo!

Why should we be angry at BB when he did nothing wrong? Prove otherwise. All you have is the collective hearsay of our franchise's enemies, all of whom engage in similar gamesmanship. You have been swayed by a lynch mob tired of getting beaten like rented mules by our briliant coach, and are grasping at straws to defame him.

Something needs to be done here - this is so far out of control it is insane.

I talk to people from all over the country as part of my work - the prevailing opinion is we cheated, that is why we are so good, that is why we won all those Superbowls. That is what they think and believe.

What can be done to stop this insanity - I am really pissed at the media & the NFL coaches, players & front office for letting this get so far out of hand. Where is the New England Patriot organization right now - are they unable to do anything?

What can we do??

The truth is, yes, we were caught using a video camera, fine, rule violation - we were not paying off officials, paying off other teams players, paying off the clock operator, point shaving or any such other REAL VIOLATIONS. We did not do anything that any other teams does.

SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE - we need to send a message of outrage and support and it needs to be heard.

Any Ideas??

Did any of these people like the Patriots to begin with? If your adversaries can empathize with you, you're failing. I don't understand the obsession with caring what fans of other teams think. Be concerned with what a Belichick suspension could do to effect the team's performance and focus this season. The guy deserves to be criticized for undermining the efforts of his own players, not because everybody else already hated him for the past six years.

Why should we be angry at BB when he did nothing wrong? Prove otherwise. All you have is the collective hearsay of our franchise's enemies, all of whom engage in similar gamesmanship. You have been swayed by a lynch mob tired of getting beaten like rented mules by our briliant coach, and are grasping at straws to defame him.

seems like a strong case of denial.

There's nothing to prove, as the fact that they were illegally videotaping the Jets' sideline isn't even in question. Keep telling yourself that everyone else is wrong and you're right, and everyone is just out to get you. Your franchise's "enemies" are everywhere. LOL

in order to save their image the patriots need to fire BB and distance themselves from the perception of cheating. agreed?

Are you naive enough to think that firing Belichick would change any of this? A lot of people believe he was on his way out in the near future anyway, and people would still be questioning the legitimacy of what the Patriots accomplished under his tenure. They're going to continue to be the most hated team in football even if Saint Dungy became the coach, because until a lot of teams correct their own problems, they're still going to win more than they lose.

Chad Pennington now has as many legitimate Super Bowl wins as Tom Brady.

That's awesome!! :singing:

What's going to be awesome is the ever-loving beating the Jets are going get when they come to Gillette. Laugh while you can now dips_it. I cannot hardly wait fot that game.:mad:

Guys, we're going about this all wrong. It'll do no good to plead our case...no one will listen and we'll just sound desperate. People hate success and love to bring it down...that spells disaster for us.

What we can do is embrace our newfound role as villians. I propose a new motto for the fans to sport loud and proud. We can even put it on a T-shirt:

Tremendous. Where can I get one?

Thank you for that :rofl:

There's nothing to prove, as the fact that they were illegally videotaping the Jets' sideline isn't even in question. Keep telling yourself that everyone else is wrong and you're right, and everyone is just out to get you. Your franchise's "enemies" are everywhere. LOL

No ruling has been issued by the Commissioner. What you have is just an opinion. Opinions are like @$$holes- everybody's got one.

Are you naive enough to think that firing Belichick would change any of this? A lot of people believe he was on his way out in the near future anyway, and people would still be questioning the legitimacy of what the Patriots accomplished under his tenure. They're going to continue to be the most hated team in football even if Saint Dungy became the coach, because until a lot of teams correct their own problems, they're still going to win more than they lose.

Where do you guys come up with this garbage? The "most hated team in football??" Maybe in your division. Who else hates you? I dont hate a team because they're successful. I hate the Raiders....are they successful?
That arguement holds no water. If you guys have established some type of hatred, it's not because of your championships. You might have a target on your back, but that's not the same as hatred. Seems Patriot fans want their team to come across as martyrs. I dont get it.

I talk to people from all over the country as part of my work - the prevailing opinion is we cheated, that is why we are so good, that is why we won all those Superbowls. That is what they think and believe.

What can be done to stop this insanity - I am really pissed at the media & the NFL coaches, players & front office for letting this get so far out of hand. Where is the New England Patriot organization right now - are they unable to do anything?

What can we do??

The truth is, yes, we were caught using a video camera, fine, rule violation - we were not paying off officials, paying off other teams players, paying off the clock operator, point shaving or any such other REAL VIOLATIONS. We did not do anything that any other teams does.

SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE - we need to send a message of outrage and support and it needs to be heard.

Any Ideas??

Kick every other teams' ass into the stone age?

Just a thought.

What can we do??

Any Ideas??

People are stupid. There's nothing you can do about it. Everybody has been waiting to take the Pats down a peg, we've been hated on for quite a while for various obvious and well-documented reasons. It's unfortunate, but there is literally NOTHING we as fans can do about it. We have to live with it.

If I've learned anything, it's that common sense rarely prevails in public opinion. Personally, this ISN'T THAT BIG A DEAL, that is what common sense would tell you, but the media wants to make it a big deal...

Hell, to me, this isn't even the biggest scandal of the week, thanks Vanessa Hudgens :D

My advice to Patsfans - just turn off your TVs and radios for a while, let it cool down, and ignore the jibber jabber.

Last edited:
If the "punishment" fits the crime, I am fine with it.

If the rest of the NFL hates us for winning, that is cool too.

When fans from around the country, NFL hdqtr's, NFL players & coaches, LIE about what the Patriots did versus what they do and what happens - I have a problem with that.

They are all jealous of our successes and that is pretty cool to feel that as well. I kind of am liking it - hate us while we win another three.

Let's get those shirts rolling- I'll take 5.

This team now has a heavy burden, they must annihilate all opponents and win the Superbowl going away. One thing for sure, they will be watched now and we will be the ONLY team not stealing signals.

Eric the rat will get his some day.....how can he look himself in the mirror, he stabbed his mentor in the back - wow.

We do need to let the Patriost know they have our support and we do need to let the NFL know this witchhunt is out of control.

Kick every other teams' ass into the stone age?

Just a thought.

======================================

I agree, winning will go along way to making this whole mess blow over.

That and it would be nice for Goodell to make a decision, can't really move on till the punisment is handed down.

Beating SD would be a huge step in slowing the assualt on the Pats by the media and opposing fans.

Where do you guys come up with this garbage? The "most hated team in football??" Maybe in your division. Who else hates you? I dont hate a team because they're successful. I hate the Raiders....are they successful?
That arguement holds no water. If you guys have established some type of hatred, it's not because of your championships. You might have a target on your back, but that's not the same as hatred. Seems Patriot fans want their team to come across as martyrs. I dont get it.

Uh no, that's not what I said. I was replying to a post that suggested firing Belichick would remove the team from the suspicion of cheating. That suspicion is going to remain with or without Belichick for the forseeable future.

When fans from around the country, NFL hdqtr's, NFL players & coaches, LIE about what the Patriots did versus what they do and what happens - I have a problem with that.

They are all jealous of our successes and that is pretty cool to feel that as well. I kind of am liking it - hate us while we win another three.

This team now has a heavy burden, they must annihilate all opponents and win the Superbowl going away. One thing for sure, they will be watched now and we will be the ONLY team not stealing signals.

Eric the rat will get his some day.....how can he look himself in the mirror, he stabbed his mentor in the back - wow.

We do need to let the Patriost know they have our support and we do need to let the NFL know this witchhunt is out of control.

fg,
I want to point out that Mangini didn't just stab BB in the back; he unjustifiably tarnished the legacy of many innocent hardworking people, the same people who nurtured, trained and supported him so that he could become a millionaire. He smeared Charlie Weis in the process, delegitimized the resume of Romeo Crennel, stained the glory of Dante Scarnecchia, falsely brought Tom Brady's greatness into question like no other HOF Qb before him, damaged the brand of R. Kraft his long term employer, and hurt countless fans who rooted for him for years. IMO it began as a simple prank, a gamesmanship on his part to embarrass and distract BB; but he was playing with fire, holding the tiger by its tail, and the story spun out of control and blew up in his face. Now I can almost guarantee he regrets the whole thing, and sees what a fool he has been. But he can't take it back, what's done is done, and he will be the real loser in this fiasco when the storm passes.

Mangini stabbed hoodie in the back?? Yes, Mangini forced him to send a cameraman onto the field. Holy crap, take some responsiblity for your team's actions and stop blaming others! Even when you're caught "red-handed", you turn it around and find someone else to blame. But then again, you're the "persecuted ones," right?

The damage to the integrity and respect of the Patriots in the eyes of more than a zillion people is done and there is no going back,you can't bring back sunday afternoon and try it in another way.

This team has lost tons of respect in the sports world and even though we wish we could just wake up and believe it was a nightmare in reality its the truth,This team has seperated itself from the other 31 at this time,Its going to take quite a while before time mends this,at least some of it.

The fact that its true that other teams have done the same type signal stelaing thing is irelevant,It was stupid and not worth of the respect lost by many out there including probably 90% of the other teams coaches and players - there have been stolen signals all the time but using the camera issue is what is irking people,not just stealing signals.

Patriot Nation is up against the world - Thats the bottom line.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye